Full Version: Crossing the Line
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Nine_14
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Vehicle description

The best of times

"In the beginning I looked around, but could not find the car I was dreaming of. So I decided me to build it myself "
Ferry Porsche's clear motivation led 1948zum first Porsche: the legendary 356. Not that we want to compare ourselves with Ferry Porsche, but at least we have developed and built, what it so did not exist even a car: the perfect Porsche classics.

Stilecht. Sauschnell. Low emission zones and suitable for everyday use. Once. H-plates capable. Payable. Reliable and easy to drive.
Far superior to sue compared to 914-6 GT in all.

PORSCHE 914 - 2.6, chassis 911 Turbo, Fuchsfelgen 15, "Performance Tuning was performed with orig engine, 190PS, spec crankshaft Nockenw, cyl heads, standing fan / 911 Lima, manifolds, new 48'er Weber,.... Customised Double radiator, exhaust tract steel (Matchingnr.) compl. Individual construction, steel bumpers, seats / headlining with Carrara plaid. The body is constructed completely NEW. Complete in sheet from our coachbuilders and adjusted. No GFK, No Carbon, No Filler but . but a new car, as he actually in Zuffenhausen from the tape could have been, he is not, but a "Recreation" by GT - Classic.

With this vehicle, you are exempt from any envy discussion and still can enjoy every day the Porsche driving. In city traffic the same way without a murmur as in the morning rush hour on the highway. The comforts of modernity in a classic style

So the retro trend and finally makes a sudden sense.

Let us help make your wish / - Reason classic one step get closer. The sale takes place in Kundenauftag (accommodation request). We are happy to also offer classic car - leasing at favorable conditions. In addition, we have about 40 more 911/912 in stock and will be pleased to answer any further questions. A visit we ask to schedule.

A visit we ask to schedule

A few more pics here> http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details....p;pageNumber=1#

Priced at 131935 $

rhodyguy
Rediculus.
iwanta914-6
I think they accidentally put the 1 in front. It should be $31,195 LOL Even if that were the case, I don't see it ever fetching even that.
87m491
Well if an LE needing full repaint just went for $16.5K if Ebay is to be believed, why wouldn't a fully/freshly sorted 6 conversion be worth an 80% premium to that.

QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Nov 30 2015, 12:32 PM) *

I think they accidentally put the 1 in front. It should be $31,195 LOL Even if that were the case, I don't see it ever fetching even that.

iwanta914-6
QUOTE(87m491 @ Nov 30 2015, 02:37 PM) *

Well if an LE needing full repaint just went for $16.5K if Ebay is to be believed, why wouldn't a fully/freshly sorted 6 conversion be worth an 80% premium to that.

But it's not a 6 conversion, a 2.6L turbo 4cyl? I'm confused...lol
SLITS
There are enough stupid people in the world to pay that.

scotty b

I'll say the 5 at the end was the accidental strike.......... mellow.gif

and that taint slate grey shades.gif
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 30 2015, 03:06 PM) *

Yeah, you're probably right!
SirAndy
Asking price is NOT selling price ...
shades.gif
sb914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 30 2015, 01:06 PM) *

What's taint? hide.gif
rgalla9146
The turbo part is the suspension.....I think
A lot lost in translation.
Price has got to be wrong.
That's beyond world class original 6 money
matthepcat
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 30 2015, 01:58 PM) *

The turbo part is the suspension.....I think
A lot lost in translation.
Price has got to be wrong.
That's beyond world class original 6 money

Correct. The pictures show no forced induction....just a fancy 911 fan shroud and carbs.
914_teener
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 30 2015, 01:32 PM) *

What's taint? hide.gif

Comon....that.s the color of the Grey Ghost. Also known as color No. NARP AINT80
SirAndy
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 30 2015, 02:04 PM) *
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 30 2015, 01:58 PM) *
The turbo part is the suspension.....
Correct. The pictures show no forced induction....just a fancy 911 fan shroud and carbs.

The original Ad states that the car has 911 turbo suspension parts.

Also remember, the seller seems to be a high end restoration shop.
smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2015, 02:19 PM) *

The original Ad states that the car has 911 turbo suspension parts.

Also remember, the seller seems to be high.

agree.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 30 2015, 01:32 PM) *

What's taint? hide.gif

mellow.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Hope this doesn't send this thread to the sandbox.

Taint is the area between a vagina and rectum. Taint pussy, and taint ass.
sb914
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Nov 30 2015, 02:49 PM) *

Now that me be crossing the line!! shades.gif
porschetub
Huge amount of money gone into the motor,I wonder about the horsepower...48mm Webers surely the engine would be a touch ''peaky'' in the power delivery.
Fuel consumption would be up there with a six.
Would be a fun car with that power to weight however,from what I have seen 914's seem to command bigger money in Europe but @ that price it would be hard to move.
EdwardBlume
If it's too good to be true....
budk
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Nov 30 2015, 04:23 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Nov 30 2015, 03:06 PM) *

Yeah, you're probably right!

Website shows 124.500 EUR, so assuming they mean 124,500 the price in the first post is correct. screwy.gif
iwanta914-6
For some reason I thought I saw a front mounted intercooler. Though I may have been mistaken...
Dave_Darling
Perhaps it's an oil cooler? They do say something about a radiator.

--DD
SirAndy
Yes, front mounted oil cooler.

And yes, most of the rest of the world uses a comma for the decimal separator and a dot for the 1000 separator.
shades.gif
Cracker
I haven't looked at the car but if Singer can sell a car for $500k I don't quite know what the big deal is at 1/5th that price. I wouldn't sell my car for that and therefore will be its only owner too. Now, that doesn't mean a original 6 is the flagship car - value wise. Sorry. It ain't all about originality nor will value or cost always correlate to a -4 or -6 as a point of reference or price setting.

T
r_towle
He meant Deutschmarks
dflesburg
I met a guy at a show last fall who's wife told me that they had spent over 35,000 in bodywork and paint on their six restoration, it was pretty though... That didn't include the car itself, the chrome, the 2.8 engine by otto's, the trans, interior, etc... so I am sure they were close to six figures on that car...
rick 918-S
To try to put shed a different light on this, I have a friend that works for a hedge fund owner. He has a yacht with 4 dingys. To put the yacht size into perspective the dingys are 20' long. A ship really. Once a year he hires a company to load it onto another ship to transport it to Italy so he can pleasure there for a few weeks. It costs 30k one way is my understanding. Not small change to us here. But really the equivalency to pocket change to the hedge fund owner. About 3 cents was the description I got. So when you think about it there are guys out there with 3 cents change in their pocket that just have the compulsion and need that gum ball.

You just have to be there when they are ready to spend.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Dec 1 2015, 08:12 AM) *

To try to put shed a different light on this, I have a friend that works for a hedge fund owner. He has a yacht with 4 dingys. To put the yacht size into perspective the dingys are 20' long. A ship really. Once a year he hires a company to load it onto another ship to transport it to Italy so he can pleasure there for a few weeks. It costs 30k one way is my understanding. Not small change to us here. But really the equivalency to pocket change to the hedge fund owner. About 3 cents was the description I got. So when you think about it there are guys out there with 3 cents change in their pocket that just have the compulsion and need that gum ball.

You just have to be there when they are ready to spend.

That is very true, but those people would typically rather spend 50 cents on a Bugatti unless they are Porsche fanatics and need a 914 in their collection. If that were the case, they would find a nice example and have it completely restored with no spare in expense and have it built to their exact specifications...
dflesburg
@Rick...

my wife used to work for an Investment Guy. She quit when it seemed like he was spending the money investors were depositing. She now is a clerk in a retail store...

Her ex boss on the other hand is on house arrest and his trial is in May, he is facing 30 years to Life in prison...

smile.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Cracker @ Nov 30 2015, 06:06 PM) *

I haven't looked at the car but if Singer can sell a car for $500k I don't quite know what the big deal is at 1/5th that price. I wouldn't sell my car for that and therefore will be its only owner too. Now, that doesn't mean a original 6 is the flagship car - value wise. Sorry. It ain't all about originality nor will value or cost always correlate to a -4 or -6 as a point of reference or price setting.

T

Quality counts. Singer's work is TOP notch, and probably 50%+ custom, small production parts used primarily on their cars. This car is far from that. I'm not trying to bash this car, it looks like a good solid driver, what I refer to as a friday night show car. I have no doubt there is a good bit of time and money tied up in it, particularly the engine, but nowhere near the quality that would warrant that price tag.

Most of the cars I have in and have lined up to come in have/will have 25,000.00 + tied up in just the paint and body and they are/will be, FAR better fit and finish than this car. IMHO this is a 20,000.00 car in a realistic/fair world. My guess is these guys added up their receipts and realized they needed to make a profit on top of those receipt totals blink.gif
PlantMan
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Nov 30 2015, 02:49 PM) *

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
That's funny!
Porschef
It's quite a yacht. sunglasses.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.