Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 250 or 300# springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
naro914
looking for a set of 250# or 300# rear springs that fit stock 914 rear shock set up.
anyone have anything?
johnlush
I have a pair of really beefy looking rear springs. No idea what they are. Is it possible to tell from the uncompressed length, wire diameter and number of coils? -John
db9146
Bob,
Its likely that those are 2.5" ID correct? What length are you looking for?

I have a pair of new Eibach 0800.250.275 and 1000.250.225? Either of these of interest?

naro914
QUOTE(db9146 @ Feb 9 2016, 04:58 PM) *

Bob,
Its likely that those are 2.5" ID correct? What length are you looking for?

I have a pair of new Eibach 0800.250.275 and 1000.250.225? Either of these of interest?

I actually think stock sized springs are wider than 2.5" ID. I know the OD is about 4", but I can' get in there enough to measure ID. I have a pair of H&R 375 lb 2.5" ID and they look much skinnier.

What I have is the 'stock' 180lb springs on it now, so whatever the stock physical size is, but in 250 ish weight size... I know, vague, but that's all I got! This set up has been on the car for a long time and I've never touched it. Its definitely one part of the car I know little about.

I'm probably going to Koni adjustables too in the near future...
naro914
QUOTE(johnlush @ Feb 9 2016, 12:57 PM) *

I have a pair of really beefy looking rear springs. No idea what they are. Is it possible to tell from the uncompressed length, wire diameter and number of coils? -John

John
I have no idea...was hoping someone would chime in.

I think John Forbes at BFR has a set of 250#, if he can find them...
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Hey Bob- if you are considering Koni's as well, You may want to look at this package. When you factor in the price of the shocks themselves this is pretty nicely priced and you can pick your spring rate and length.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/produc...tion.php/II=866
sixaddict
Bob:
I am under the impression to get higher rate you must go to 2.5 dia.
John could have some oldies but bet you would be hard pressed to find those.
TOT
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
Not true...Rebel racing sells 2.25in diameter (for weight savings) starting at 150lb Up to 800lb. $150pr. They are easy to find elsewhere if you google search the length, spring rate and diameter you are looking for...Eibach, hyperco, etc

Andrew
johnlush
Here's what I got. Same diameter but slightly shorter overall length, 12mm wire as compared to 10mm on a stock set. Again, no idea what they are. Yours for the cost of shipping if you want to play with them. -John

Click to view attachment
jmill
QUOTE(Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You @ Feb 9 2016, 08:17 PM) *

Not true...Rebel racing sells 2.25in diameter (for weight savings) starting at 150lb Up to 800lb. $150pr. They are easy to find elsewhere if you google search the length, spring rate and diameter you are looking for...Eibach, hyperco, etc

Andrew

agree.gif

I bought mine from them. 225 Lbs at 2.25".
naro914
But basically....if I want anything more than 180, I need to go with 2.25" springs... I'll probably go with the Ground Control option...
Paragon
Since the 914 has no rear torsion bars, I think the Ground Control write up is carried over from their (and our) 944 rear coil over setup. We use a Koni 30 series single adjustable monotube shock that is run inverted on the 944.The standard rear Koni application for the 914 is the 8241-1050 Sport which is an externally adjustable (rebound) twin tube low pressure gas shock. The kit we put together uses 2.5" ID springs primarily because they're less expensive than the Hypercoils in 2.25".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.