Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S: Complete 1969 2.0L 911T Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
Complete running 2.0L with Weber carbs, air filter housing (no element), Bosch dizzy, 911 heat exchangers & banana muffler (with a small, repairable dent/tear).

I purchased this from LarryM when upgraded to a 3.2L in his '69 911. Mark DeBernardi removed the [running] motor from Larry's car and it's been on a stand in my shop ever since. My original plans were to transplant it into my '67 912/6, but I got a respectable offer for the car (as-is), so I sold it, sans the motor. I'll be closing up shop in a couple months, so I'll be posting a bunch of other stuff soon.

I blasted, primed and painted cooling tins too drooley.gif

It didn't come with a flywheel, but I rounded one up and it's included, along with a good clutch disc and pressure plate. I would recommend you buy some new flywheel bolts though.

I'd also recommend readjusting the valves and resealing the motor, and cleaning the carburetors prior to installation - just for peace of mind ... and fresh oil, of course cool_shades.gif

An assortment of new seals and gaskets are included in the sale.

$8,500. Local pick-up. 'Crate and Freight' extra on buyer's dime ...

Prefer local pick up in Torrance, CA, 90501, but I will gladly coordinate with a shipper of your choice (you get to obtain the quote). Also, I will have to factor in a small charge (actual) for having the motor crated if an enclosed shipping crate is required.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ChrisG914
Serial number?
euro911
More ...

Click to view attachment

IPB Image
euro911
Pix posted ...
Chris H.
Free icon_bump.gif for a great deal. Someone buy this so I don't have to look at it.

Don't know this motor personally but everything I've bought and seen of Mark's has been better than described. You can't find a complete, running air cooled 911 engine any more for this price. No external oil cooler required idea.gif ...hurry...up....
euro911
Thanks for the kind words, Chris.

This is a special 'Leap Year/Leap Day' offering ... the price is going up an additional $1k tomorrow happy11.gif
lonewolfe
Wish I had the funds. Bad timing for me! This should go quick!
forrestkhaag
Hey Mark: I am at your shop with 4k cash in hand tomorrow. Bing a bill-marker and I will close this deal.

euro911
laugh.gif

I posted on the Samba and getting tons of emails from all over the globe (for the '67 912, '68 big-bore 616 motor and the 911T motor) ... I can't even keep up with it all blink.gif

I think I priced everything too low sad.gif
QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 29 2016, 05:28 PM) *

laugh.gif

I posted on the Samba and getting tons of emails from all over the globe (for the '67 912, '68 big-bore 616 motor and the 911T motor) ... I can't even keep up with it all blink.gif

I think I priced everything too low sad.gif

I would pass it on, so you will not have to move it.
Finding someone to pick-up these motors at the new place will only cost you / buyer more.
forrestkhaag
good on you
beerchug.gif
Chris H.
Dang Mark you have a lot of stuff. Just nosed through all your Samba ads. I'm no expert but you might be correct - need to do some price adjustments. You are being very generous on the 914 engine...that DTM setup is $1500 itself. That one is EVEN HARDER to pass up than this one!!! A reverse conversion??? biggrin.gif

The 912 engine (which is ....technically...a 356 engine!!!!) seems cheap too. But I'm sure you bought them at the right prices. That's where you make the $$$.
euro911
I do believe I am offering the items for fair prices. I try not to price gouge.

... and yes, I did acquire most of the items at under market prices - several years (or more) ago.

No room to store everything with closing up the shop, so I need to part with some gems. The 2056 with the FAT Performance DTM cooling system will sell quickly for $4,500.
mepstein
Have you put this on earlySreg.
euro911
It's still available. The prospective buyer (some douche in CT) ended up becoming a royal pain in the rear ... wanted me to jump through too many hoops (which I didn't have time for), so I refunded his deposit.
euro911
Here's some pix of the banana and flywheel (still has a lot of meat on it) cool_shades.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

EDITED for Forrest's 'clarity' issue laugh.gif (the flywheel has plenty of metal remaining to resurface it at least 2 ~ 3 more times) poke.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
forrestkhaag
What a great deal / cosmetics aside - which is a matter of time and not so much money, this is a very very fair offering. Nice one from Mark!

I just did a tune on my 40IDF's on my 2.2 and is running fantastic.

I just wonder what an additional two barrels would be like to work to balance. The sound has to be worth the effort.

Mark: So is there a Senior Discount on this item if bundled with a bale of Depends ... just for leakage... you said it need to be resealed.... that indicates leakage...

poke.gif
beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
you said "meat on it" please clarify: meat on the banana or the flywheel / thanks

confused24.gif
euro911
The flywheel, dummy - sheesh slap.gif ...

... although, if you get the muffler hot enough, I guess you could cook meat on it unsure.gif
euro911
BUMP ... Price is good through the +/- Christmas, 2016 happy11.gif
tangerinetea
Mark, PM me if you still want to sell he motor...
tangerinetea
Mark, Is the motor still for sale?
euro911
Bump ...

Yes, it's also listed on Pelican
euro911
Reduction in price ... $8,500. Local pick up preferred
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.