Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out my Welding Cart
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I went to Harbor Freight to buy a welding cart. Their better unit is very nice but too rich for my blood. And their $55 one is a little too light weight for my needs so I thru this together for < $60. I need to make a couple of collapsible handles yet but this is good enough for Gov't. work! I've room for one more tank and will fill that space with one for SS next time I weld some SS. BTW, all of this was strapped onto a couple of furniture dollies and tool pedestal. I was always afraid it would tip over as it was too tall and the wheel base was too narrow. Anyway the tool pedestal is listed in the classifieds for free if you need free standing mount for a bench top drill or grinder. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=288279

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Blue6
Damn Kent, clever and resourceful.
Mueller
Nice...This morning I paid $2 for a metal office drawer setup similar to that one except it has 3 drawers total, bottom is same sized as yours with the other 2 being half the size so overall height same as yours.

TheCabinetmaker
Nice use of a file cabinet. I tossed 40 years worth of files last week. Now I know what to do with the cabinets. Just don't need 12 wedding carts!
Gunn1
Nicely done.

I always wondered what should be done
With a few of the old file cabinets I have.

Now I know. Great idea.
green914
I like it! agree.gif
76-914
Thanks guy's. My wife was throwing out the file cabinet so it was free. biggrin.gif No more than moved the cart into place when FedEx arrived with my engine gasket set. piratenanner.gif
whitetwinturbo
beer.gif beer.gif beer.gif .........such a good recycled deal
Elliot Cannon
Did you do that all by yourself? happy11.gif
914dave
I like it a lot!!!! I have the same issues with bottles for SS and an extra filing cabinet. Going to steal your design unless they're are patent infringements. hehehe
Mark Henry
Nice first.gif
I need to build myself a good cart...someday... rolleyes.gif
Amphicar770
Nice! Someone once told me that a a sign of a real welder is that they build their own cart. I bought mine!
76-914
QUOTE(Amphicar770 @ Jun 27 2016, 10:09 AM) *

Nice! Someone once told me that a a sign of a real welder is that they build their own cart. I bought mine!

Well they lied to you. I wouldn't make a Wart on a real Welder's Ass! av-943.gif lol-2.gif beerchug.gif
Curbandgutter
Hey let me know when you're working on the gaskets I'll come by. I really am intrigued by your subaru 6 cyl. Nice job on the cart. The use for that cabinet was spot on, I'm always having to put all of my welding masks and such in my toolbox.
Cuda911
Great job! Do you keep all the supplies in alphabetical order in the cabinet?
Brian Mifsud
Clever... and nicely executed
914-300Hemi
Very nice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.