Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Magnus Walker - The Perfect Road
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
This should be interesting......a new TV show 'The Perfect Road with Magnus Walker & Rod Emory' on the History Channel, June 28th at 11:00 ET.

Car builder, racer and enthusiast Magnus Walker travels across the country meeting fellow drivers, from mechanics to celebrities, to learn about what they drive and take a journey on their ``perfect road.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jie2N1pFMC4
Coondog
Here we go 5 pages of love or hate MW post...... happy11.gif
EdwardBlume
biggrin.gif
Mike Bellis
IBTL

biggrin.gif
Mueller
I'll record and give it a watch....

It has to be better than American Top Gear!
r_towle
That first car, the silver modified 356 is one of my most favorite Porsches ever....

Chris914n6
Couldn't be worse than the new Top Gear poke.gif
SLITS
Whooopeeeee dry.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 27 2016, 07:16 PM) *

That first car, the silver modified 356 is one of my most favorite Porsches ever....

amen brother...same here!

porschetub
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 28 2016, 02:18 PM) *

barf.gif barf.gif
porschetub

Oh thank god another person that feels like I do, beerchug.gif
jrblackbox
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jun 28 2016, 01:56 AM) *

Oh thank god another person that feels like I do, beerchug.gif

add me to that list too! show sucks
2mAn
this actually has the potential to be good.
SLITS
New show is stromberg.gif just as the American Top Gear.
Shadowfax
BBC confirms Top Gear USA is cancelled. Now History can make more "reality" shows that have little to do with history...
jor
I'll be watching. If nothing else, Rod Emory is a good guy with charisma and I'm interested in what he will be showcasing.
pete000
blink.gif
flmont
who is Magnus Walker,..I have seen him, why is he famous, other than his Porsche fame,..???
flmont
Plus,...there will never be a great TopGear,.unless it's Jeremy, James and Hammond,..I bet BBC brings them back within 2 years,..???
JRust
I've never met Magnus but I know Rod & his dad. His dad still lives just a little north of me. Always loved going up to Parts Obselete to check out the cars they were working on. Gary is just plain awesome to sit around with & shoot the bull. Rod is too but he's a little busier these days. He love's what he does & it shows in his work. I will be watching this tonight for sure piratenanner.gif
RickS
Watched the recorded show last night. It's in the same format as Jay Lenos Garage without the humor. Rob Emery was showcased and what a fantastic car he had. His dialogue is a bit flat footed, filled with cliches, but not being a seasoned show biz type it's easy to forgive. The monster Cobra was quite the car. Will give the next episode a watch before making a final decision. Definitely not the U.S. Flop Gear, thank God.
boxstr
Watched the Perfect Road show. Not on my scheduled shows to record.
Not much there.
Craig at CAMP
rick 918-S
I didn't mind it. I liked the Singer info.
porschetub
QUOTE(2mAn @ Jun 29 2016, 02:13 AM) *

this actually has the potential to be good.

OMG tell me why ,really do you have insider info and the next shows ....please tell WTF.gif .
Matt the Blank has little or no place on the show,he can't do car humour for shit and doe's little to boost the otherwise poor start to the show,like him as a comedian however.
Chris Harris is the only guy on there with real cred,loves his P cars and drives cars that most motoring scribes wouldn't even get the keys for,oh and he can drive very well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.