Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Rare 914/912E Oil Filler Cap Gasket Available!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Terry Fisher
I'm new to 914 World, but have been a member of the 912 Registry since 2010. I currently own a 1976 912E and have struggled to find the lower gasket for the oil filler cap. These simple gaskets are either NLA or on backorder by all the parts providers.
Out of frustration, I recently had a gasket manufacturer in Atlanta re-create a small quantity of these gaskets. They are made from high-temp silicone and match the original gaskets in O.D./I.D. and thickness.
Fellow 912E members have purchased about half of my quantity and I'm letting 914 owners know of their availability. Part #: 022-115-315
These will fit 1970-1976 914/4 cylinder engines.
There is absolutely no telling when these may be available again, so for a very small cost you can make sure you have a spare!
Price: $6 each, plus $4 standard shipping. Shipped by US Post Office and I will send USPS tracking number.
Payment by PayPal accepted.

Thanks,
Terry Fisher
Roswell, GA
Email: 76912E(at)gmail.com
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment[attachClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmen
tid=562599]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentmentid=562596]
914Sixer
Over here they will only fit 1.8 engines 74-76. It uses a different filler neck than the 1.7/2.0 D-Jet engine 70-76.
Terry Fisher
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 4 2016, 09:33 AM) *

Over here they will only fit 1.8 engines 74-76. It uses a different filler neck than the 1.7/2.0 D-Jet engine 70-76.

914Sixer-
Thanks for the clarification. It was my understanding that since the 912E was a 2.0L Type 4 engine that they would fit the same 2.0L engine in the 914. However, I am in no way knowledgeable on the 914s, so I trust and value your input.
Best regards,
Terry
bdstone914
Mark is correct. The seals look like they are not round and hand cut. The one picture looks like a chunk is missing out of the edge at about 9 O'clock. I imagine they will work but the work does not look impressive.
Terry Fisher
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 4 2016, 09:50 AM) *

Mark is correct. The seals look like they are not round and hand cut. The one picture looks like a chunk is missing out of the edge at about 9 O'clock. I imagine they will work but the work does not look impressive.

bdstone914-
According to the gasket maker, they were cut by machine, not hand. While they are not absolutely, perfectly round, to your point, they still function properly and serve their purpose... much better than having no gasket at all.
I also should have mentioned in my original post that the gasket with the "chunk" out of it is the original gasket that was on the cap. The "chunk" is why I went ahead and had the new ones made. When I replaced the original gasket, I went back 48 hours later and looked at the slight ring impression made on the new gasket and it was a complete circle, telling me that it sealed properly.
Please understand, I'm not trying to get into the parts business in any way. The gasket maker required a minimum number of pieces and a minimum order $ amount.
Just trying to be helpful to 914 and 912E owners who, like me, had a broken gasket, or no gasket at all.
I tried ordering this gasket through all the major parts providers and while the gasket was in the $3 to $5 range, the shipping alone was at least $12 to $14. But, the parts folks simply do't have any of them available.
Terry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.