Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ran into a familiar face yesterday in Seal Beach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Anyone recognize who this is ?
McMark
Didn't the aubergine car used to belong to Thomas?
Thomas 914 did not have a front windshield, not to mention, I don't have it's street legal.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 26 2016, 11:59 AM) *

Didn't the aubergine car used to belong to Thomas?

Correct. He sold to the mystery person who in turn sold it to Trojanman in CO.

Elliot Cannon
I thought he moved to France? biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 26 2016, 09:46 PM) *

I thought he moved to France? biggrin.gif

FYI - you knew the mystery man....attended Joe Sharp Bar -B - Ques.....
jim_hoyland
It's Steve Abrams. Now lives at Liesure World. His next door neighbor is Robert21.

It was great to see Steve again.
Elliot Cannon
I remember Steve driving the hell out of his 2liter at the El Toro auto cross. driving.gif Someone asked if he had a six in it. "Nope, 2L type IV". biggrin.gif Glad to see him back. I think he worked for Aase (sp) Brothers for a while.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 27 2016, 08:04 PM) *

I remember Steve driving the hell out of his 2liter at the El Toro auto cross. driving.gif Someone asked if he had a six in it. "Nope, 2L type IV". biggrin.gif Glad to see him back. I think he worked for Aase (sp) Brothers for a while.

IIRC he was driver of the year; when I saw him in Seal Beach, he was diving the Leisure World shuttle van. He is still a P-car owner; said he has a Euro spec '78 (?) Carerra and goes to the C & C in Tustin Saturdays.
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 27 2016, 08:04 PM) *

Boy where has time gone? I've not heard of nor seen Steve for about 15 years now.

Last time our paths cross was at the El Toro events.
Steve was a quick driver too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.