Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Ft Worth area teeners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jesse7flying
This may be the wrong place to post this, but here goes. I've been fortunate enough to own Porsches since 1975, but I've never had the opportunity to own a 914, so I've started my quest to find the "right" one. In my years living in Ft Worth, TX, I can't recall ever seeing one on the road, but I know they're out there. I would love to tap into the vast base of knowledge here on the 914World forum and have a chance to meet and chat with local 914 owners, benefit from your experiences and get some advice on what to look for and where to look. If any teeners would like to get together for a cup of coffee and a chat, please PM or text me. I look forward to meeting you all. smile.gif
Jesse
682-667-3009
Rob-O
Actually there are quite a few of us here in the Metroplex. I just got home ten minutes ago from a short drive in mine. I'm sure others will chime in.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Oct 26 2016, 02:47 PM) *

This may be the wrong place to post this, but here goes. I've been fortunate enough to own Porsches since 1975, but I've never had the opportunity to own a 914, so I've started my quest to find the "right" one. In my years living in Ft Worth, TX, I can't recall ever seeing one on the road, but I know they're out there. I would love to tap into the vast base of knowledge here on the 914World forum and have a chance to meet and chat with local 914 owners, benefit from your experiences and get some advice on what to look for and where to look. If any teeners would like to get together for a cup of coffee and a chat, please PM or text me. I look forward to meeting you all. smile.gif
Jesse
682-667-3009

I probably should be the first to answer.

My wife and I have two 914s. One is hers, and one is mine. Hers she has had for over 30 years. I have lots of experience with them.

I am in Hurst. I will be giving you a call soon. Maybe we can make it a local 914 get together. I know there are a few out there.

theleschyouknow
South Fort Worth here, always interested in getting together with fellow teeners

when I was looking to buy a few years ago there were a couple members here who regularly sent me craig's list/ebay/local ads for available cars which I really appreciated

there are good cars and good deals still out there I'm sure you'll find the right one

I ended up getting mine out of cali through the classifieds here

beerchug.gif
cjl
dtkennedy930
In McKinney and just about have my '74 2.0l back on the road.

Doug

'74 Porsche 914
'62 Jaguar E-Type FHC
'05 Jaguar XKR
'87 Porsche 930
'88 Porsche 911 Targa
jesse7flying
Thanks guys for your responses. Would love to talk to you all--I have lots of questions. THELESCHYOUKNOW, looks like you're the closest to me. Would you mind PM or calling me when you have a chance? Thanks.
Jesse
682-667-3009
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Oct 27 2016, 01:36 PM) *

Thanks guys for your responses. Would love to talk to you all--I have lots of questions. THELESCHYOUKNOW, looks like you're the closest to me. Would you mind PM or calling me when you have a chance? Thanks.
Jesse
682-667-3009

sent ya a PM
although geographically closest I would definitely defer to the other locals when it comes to things 914
but happy to help anyway I can or just hang out and talk cars

oh and
welcome.png

beerchug.gif
cjl
TheCabinetmaker
Hint hint! Accept Clay's offer!
Grelber
'Nuther one in McKinney.
ClayPerrine

How about a get together at Kincaid's on Camp Bowie on Saturday November 5th?

Of if you have a different place, let me know.

We will be there in Betty's 914.

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 27 2016, 06:39 PM) *

How about a get together at Kincaid's on Camp Bowie on Saturday November 5th?

Of if you have a different place, let me know.

We will be there in Betty's 914.

Or if parking is an issue, we could do Kincaid's in Southlake.
jesse7flying
Camp Bowie sounds fine. That was my old neighborhood back in the late 70s when I was flying out of Carswell AFB. Wife and I go to Mass late Saturday afternoon, but anytime before that would be great. Really looking forward to it. Just let me know what time and Fran and I will be there.
Regards--Jesse
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Oct 27 2016, 06:48 PM) *

Camp Bowie sounds fine. That was my old neighborhood back in the late 70s when I was flying out of Carswell AFB. Wife and I go to Mass late Saturday afternoon, but anytime before that would be great. Really looking forward to it. Just let me know what time and Fran and I will be there.
Regards--Jesse

I was thinking Noon. Will that work?
theleschyouknow
pretty sure i'm in -my social director is out right now
agree.gif if we're doin kincaids we gotta do the original
used to be my neighborhood too tho in the 90s I could walk to kincaids and often did

doubt I'll be in my teener but love to be there
Clay, don't you have the correct bit for the cv bolts? if youre willing to lend or rent it I'm pretty sure my cvs could use some service. PM me if available

beerchug.gif
cjl

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Oct 27 2016, 07:11 PM) *

used to be my neighborhood too tho in the 90s I could walk to kincaids and often did

Clay, don't you have the correct bit for the cv bolts? if youre willing to lend or rent it I'm pretty sure my cvs could use some service. PM me if available

beerchug.gif
cjl

I have two of them. I can bring one with me to the lunch.

theleschyouknow
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Oct 27 2016, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Oct 27 2016, 07:11 PM) *

beerchug.gif
cjl

I have two of them. I can bring one with me to the lunch.

excellent thank you sir
barring a volleyball tourney or choir concert being sprung on me, noon should work for me

beerchug.gif
cjl
Rob-O
I'll try to make it but I know we have some kid birthday parties to attend.

I may try to set up a get together at my place before it gets too chilly. I have all the exhaust to install, although I have what I believe is a leaking RMS. I'm thinking a work party to drop the transaxle. That shouldn't take too long. I'd supply the pizza (of course) and beer (AFTER the work).
theleschyouknow
set a date Rob looks like we'll have several more weeks of nice weather

beerchug.gif
chl
jesse7flying
I'm in for noon. See you all there.
jesse7flying
Hey Guys,
Just a quick note to let you all know that I just bought the yellow '71 914 with the rusty right rear suspension console that you all worked on not too long ago. The water seems fine so I decided to take the plunge.

Clay, if you still have the battery tray and support that you're willing to sell, I would be happy to take them off your hands. Name your price and please bring them to lunch on Saturday.

See you all Saturday!
Jesse
Rob-O
Bah! Can't make this one, fellas. Two kiddie birthday parties to attend, plus soccer trophy pick ups.

I'm still trying to determine when I've got time to set up a work party.
ClayPerrine
Betty and I will be there.....wearing 914 t-shirts.

biggrin.gif
Rob-O
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 4 2016, 06:41 PM) *

Betty and I will be there.....wearing 914 t-shirts.

biggrin.gif

And probably drinking from 914 coffee mugs! biggrin.gif

Sucks I can't make it. Would be a good time to discuss L-Jet rich running condition and talk about logical next steps on this ex Mr. 2x4 project...
ClayPerrine
Click to view attachment

Got there a little late... stayed until 1:00. We sat just inside the door and watched people stop and look at the car while we ate.

Sorry we missed you.

jesse7flying
Can't believe I missed you. Was there at 1145, but finally left at 1240. I thought I saw a beautiful orange 914 drive by, but never saw anyone come in. At least the burger was good. I was in the red Boxster. Oh well. I hope we can try again sometime. I have a lot of questions on my new project.
Regards-Jesse
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Nov 5 2016, 03:08 PM) *

Can't believe I missed you. Was there at 1145, but finally left at 1240. I thought I saw a beautiful orange 914 drive by, but never saw anyone come in. At least the burger was good. I was in the red Boxster. Oh well. I hope we can try again sometime. I have a lot of questions on my new project.
Regards-Jesse

We saw the red Boxster when we arrived at 12:15.

bandjoey
Can't make Saturday events since I always work Saturday. However I have many Tuesdays off. (Subject to change over the upcoming Christmas Season)

If anyone wants to meet at _______on a Tuesday just let me know a few days ahead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.