Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa Bar Cover Restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
My targa bar cover looks like a dog chewed the ends.
I've read about efforts to restore these but nothing lately.
Any news?
Thanks,
Jack
JawjaPorsche
Can you post a picture which would clarify your question.

914Rubber offers replacement material.
jkb944t
QUOTE(jack20 @ Dec 6 2016, 10:23 PM) *

My targa bar cover looks like a dog chewed the ends.
I've read about efforts to restore these but nothing lately.
Any news?
Thanks,
Jack

Are you referring to the aluminum strips at each end that get scuffed up badly? I sanded my aluminum strips down and polished them back up and they look better than they did.

I didn't spend too much time polishing them since I figured they will scuff up pretty fast due to my stiff suspension.

Jeff B
PanelBilly
Re do it with vinyl.
ConeDodger
The last conversation I had with Mark about this was that they would be available by now, but for the fact that the company he used had a fire and the fire marshal will not let them back in the building to pick up the molds and take them elsewhere to be produced.
Bottom line, they are coming. Be patient. Or if you want to half-ass it, cover it in vinyl. blink.gif
Mikey914
Yes we've had a setback on these. Basically a wiring is sure from a previous tenant caused a fire to part of the shop where we are making some items. Doesn't shut us down , but is causing us some delays with these.
tomh
I want one when ready.
jack20
I've seen one covered in vinyl that a member had done at an upholstery shop near Santa Cruz Ca and it looked very nice. The problem is that they need to start with a bar cover in better shape than mine. I took my cover and the side panels out thinking he could do them but no-go.
I just hope Mark can get these finished soon.
Here are some pictures.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
I'm waiting on the 914rubber version. The ends on all of mine are crumbling and a recover will just be a waste of money.
pbanders
It's one of the few pieces in my interior that looks crappy. Would buy one from 914Rubber in a flash if they were available.
defianty
QUOTE(pbanders @ Dec 9 2016, 01:12 AM) *

It's one of the few pieces in my interior that looks crappy. Would buy one from 914Rubber in a flash if they were available.

Same here, it'll be the one thing I need to complete my interior.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.