Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BIGKAT_83
I have a set of scheels seats in my 914. I measured them and they came out to the same as these seats. Just wondered if anyone has used them. At $125 with the sliders and shipped seems like a steal.
Ebay Ad
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Dec 8 2016, 09:26 AM) *

I have a set of scheels seats in my 914. I measured them and they came out to the same as these seats. Just wondered if anyone has used them. At $125 with the sliders and shipped seems like a steal.

popcorn[1].gif
StratPlayer
For that price it would be worth a shot,,,,,,,,,,,ya get what you pay for... stirthepot.gif
7TPorsh
So how would those 30 round "coins" feel in your butt and back?
tygaboy
I just ordered a set of Le Mans seats from GTS Classics and suspect StratPlayer is spot on with "you get what you pay for". My bet/concern is they aren't suspended and may not be "strong". Quality is likely suspect...?

Take a read of the GTS site and you'll see disclaimers about injury, etc.

All that said, for $125, if they don't work out, you'll have a cool set of patio furniture or man cave chairs!
Andyrew
Do those look small to anyone else?
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 8 2016, 10:07 AM) *

Do those look small to anyone else?

Yep, small and short
Steve
PU faux must mean fake leather
Frankvw
PU = Poly Urethan. Nice price for sure !
raynekat
For the money, likely worth a try for some.
I wonder if the mounting on the bottom lines up with what you need in a 914?
The "coins" are pretty common in some vintage seats and shouldn't pose an issue...you'd likely not even know they are there.
If you could get these in tartan plaids, then you might have something then.

Like these from GTS that I recently purchased:
Click to view attachment
tygaboy
QUOTE(raynekat @ Dec 8 2016, 02:58 PM) *

The "coins" are pretty common in some vintage seats and shouldn't pose an issue...you'd likely not even know they are there.

That right there? That's awesome.

Plus, they are very Christmas-y so you also earn the "Well Timed Post of the Week" award! cheer.gif
Coloradocurt
^^^^What model are they?^^^^
SixerJ
QUOTE(raynekat @ Dec 8 2016, 10:58 PM) *

Fairly sure that some old Ferraris and early lambos had the coin thing going on.

Lost interest in the cheap seats now Raynekat has posted his picture......loving those and do I spy a lumber support pump? You know your getting old when you like seats with gizmos like that
wes
I had a Daytona Spider that had the coin design, I never liked the style but the leather was realy soft.
bulitt
Didn't the Ferrari's have grommets?
Rand
I don't think the mounting works on a 914. If you play with their car selector it says incompatible. You'd have to do some fab work on the seat rail mounting. Not a big deal if you have the means, but a factor.
gereed75
Raynekat, what model?? Those are SWEET!!
Chris914n6
Definitely made in China and sold by a Chinese distributing warehouse.

If they really are a clone of the Scheel seats then $240/pr shipped is not bad. I'd just replace the black vinyl with something better.

And if I lived in nearby in Socal I'd make a cash offer of half.
raynekat
QUOTE(Coloradocurt @ Dec 8 2016, 03:29 PM) *

^^^^What model are they?^^^^

Watkins Glen....from GTS.
Raw fiberglass backs with the lumbar support, thus the pump bulbs.
And yes, one is getting oldish if you need all those kinds of gizmos.
Gotta like them gizmos...

Strong point about these seats is that they are designed to fit perfectly into the cutout in the rear firewall pad just like the stock seats.
Plus they are "sport" seats with the higher bolsters.
raynekat
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 8 2016, 03:11 PM) *

That right there? That's awesome.

Plus, they are very Christmas-y so you also earn the "Well Timed Post of the Week" award! cheer.gif

I'm tempted to put a star on the top with lights and some ornaments, and then just fill them will Christmas gifts this year....since they're not in the car yet. wink.gif
RickS
In a 914 you don't have to worry about the seat back collapsing in the recoil phase in a forward impact, but I might be concerned with metal strength in the attachment points to the rails. Would feel better if they were TUV approved.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 8 2016, 04:37 PM) *

I don't think the mounting works on a 914. If you play with their car selector it says incompatible. You'd have to do some fab work on the seat rail mounting. Not a big deal if you have the means, but a factor.

Its probably the standard base size. For my steel frame racing seats I had to widen the mounting holes, but was able to make it work with the stock rail. Took some cutting and welding though.
911buff
For what it is worth, the Ebay ad's compatibility chart states it does NOT work in a 914. Although, the back pad could always be removed or modified.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(911buff @ Dec 10 2016, 07:14 AM) *

For what it is worth, the Ebay ad's compatibility chart states it does NOT work in a 914. Although, the back pad could always be removed or modified.

Ebay comparability doesn't mean crap. The seller has to enter that, and has probably never seen a 914, so he only entered the popular cars he's heard of. It's sold as a generic racing seat. One of us will have to test fit it.
It's actually an opportunity for a local member to market them to us as Chinese warehouses love to drop ship.
Rand
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 10 2016, 11:02 AM) *

Ebay comparability doesn't mean crap. The seller has to enter that, and has probably never seen a 914, so he only entered the popular cars he's heard of. It's sold as a generic racing seat. One of us will have to test fit it.
It's actually an opportunity for a local member to market them to us as Chinese warehouses love to drop ship.

Looks to me like his ad uses an interactive model chooser like auto parts web sites use, not just models he personally added. But it shouldn't be hard to make them work with a little fabrication.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 10 2016, 12:21 PM) *

Looks to me like his ad uses an interactive model chooser like auto parts web sites use, not just models he personally added. But it shouldn't be hard to make them work with a little fabrication.

agree.gif

So who s going to be the first? I can't fabricate a sandwich... smile.gif
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 10 2016, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 10 2016, 11:02 AM) *

It's an Ebay feature. Looks like the seller started at the top with AMC and clicked everything til it cut him off. It works well if it's for something specific like an evap pump for a 335i, but it gets abused so a search for something specific gets spammed by generic fake HID bulbs. Do a search for a Porsche leather steering wheel and you will see how bad it fails.

They have 8 small bolts like 914 seat rails, which is uncommon.
We need to talk Mikey into it and he can redo the inserts in his tartan cloth aktion035.gif
Mikey914
Just need a patern.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 10 2016, 06:08 PM) *

Just need a pattern.

Easy. Just buy a seat. And then tell us if it fits the back pad and is easy to get the 914 rails mounted poke.gif
Mikey914
So how many people are interested?
I know cost goes a long way, but the more i cann spread oit mine, the better prices we can give.
porschetub
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 11 2016, 08:02 AM) *

agree.gif so true have been stung before,stuff isn't the right fitment,expect the supporting foam and covering to have a limited life,bottom line you can't get quality for that money,get GTS seats now that is known quality product.
Chris H.
Even as a starting point these could be a good option. Just depends on the quality. Seems like we're at the same point with aftermarket seats as we were a few years ago with 5-bolt Fuchs... the real name-brand ones are way expensive or need repair, they have to be checked for safety, etc. Outside of that we've got ones like these or seats from other cars. Would love to have a decent priced NEW option for mine.
jmill
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 10 2016, 11:26 PM) *

So how many people are interested?
I know cost goes a long way, but the more i cann spread oit mine, the better prices we can give.

Ok, if they look like Raynekat's when complete I'm all in.
76-914
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Dec 10 2016, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 10 2016, 12:21 PM) *

agree.gif

So who s going to be the first? I can't fabricate a sandwich... smile.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif Cracked me up! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.