Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front fog lights original option or aftermarket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Fortyeights
Hi,

Could anyone tell me if these fog lights and surrounds are an original option or has somebody had them made up, they look really well made (the surrounds).

Regards

Carl
raynekat
Impossible to tell from pic. Post a clearer, well lit pic. Thx
Fortyeights
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 24 2017, 06:44 PM) *

Sorry I know the picture isn't great, just wanted to know if there was a rectangular option on chrome bumper models.

Thanks

Carl
Mark Henry
They could be off of a '75-76 big rubber bumper, but they are not correct for that bumper.
amfab
agree.gif

The bumper cutouts look original

Click to view attachment
Fortyeights
Yea they are the original cutouts, and the surrounds which look factory made rather than home made, use the correct fixing holes, maybe they are just really well made (home made).

Carl

GeorgeRud
The original fog lights would have been round with a plastic vented grill around them. These look to be aftermarket ones someone has placed in the original location.
ndfrigi
75 and 76

Click to view attachment

and earlier than 75/76 can be plain grill or grill with round foglight.

i Click to view attachment
boxstr
The 75-76 fog lights bolt to tabs that are part of the metal part of the big black bumper. The 75-76 that came without the fog lights did not have the metal tabs.
Craig at CAMP
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Fortyeights @ Jan 24 2017, 03:48 PM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 24 2017, 06:44 PM) *

Sorry I know the picture isn't great, just wanted to know if there was a rectangular option on chrome bumper models.

Thanks

Carl

No Carl, there was not. All chrome and painted steel bumpers if they had fog lights were round. That is fabricated by a custom shop.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.