Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
foreignaffairs
JeffBowlsby
I don't normally comment on cars FS, but most will also see that this car has:

Bilstein shocks front and rear, including factory front Bilstein struts
Factory sway bars front and rear
Stainless steel heat exchangers

GLWTS
gcrotvik
Nice car. Looks as if it was rear-ended. The rear trunk floor has been reworked. I don't think it would look like that from rust repair.
Jett
I would buy the car but the trunk is extra scary. The Blue is amazing smile.gif
hot_shoe914
It is the sheet metal patch underneath that concerns me.
DEC
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 6 2017, 06:01 AM) *

I don't normally comment on cars FS, but most will also see that this car has:

Bilstein shocks front and rear, including factory front Bilstein struts
Factory sway bars front and rear
Stainless steel heat exchangers

GLWTS

But the rear sway bar is missing
foreignaffairs
foreignaffairs
mepstein
I have extensive records. original bill of sale from the Porsche dealer. Pictures of the car from before and during the restoration, it was a solid car to begin with.

What is this patch?
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(foreignaffairs @ Feb 11 2017, 09:47 AM) *

price lowered to 20,000. new "sausage" muffler was found in the garage and will be included with the car.

How much for just the muffler?
foreignaffairs
gcrotvik
QUOTE(foreignaffairs @ Feb 16 2017, 06:22 PM) *

An update to anyone following this listing...

George Hussey (Dr. 914) contacted me from the Ebay ad and told me he knows the car's previous owner. It was owned by Peter Uher in Atlanta. Peter was a close friend of George Hussey, George was actually the best man in his wedding. I spoke to the previous owner today and got a whole lot of information about the car.

Peter bought the car in 1978 from a neighbor (original owner) and owned it until around 2013 when Mike (current owner) bought it. He was the one that converted it to a 2.0L. It was built over about 6 months with the help and parts available from George and Automobile Atlanta. A lot of care and time went into the engine build.
One example, He said he tried about 12 different fuel injectors to insure he had full and even spray patterns that matched. It was one of the many perks of being friends with Dr. 914.

It was wrecked on a rainy day at Road Atlanta in a PCA DE event. He lost control around turn 3 and spun off, hitting a concrete barrier, clipping the left rear. He continued to drive the car the rest of the event without trouble. It was repaired with New old stock Porsche quarter panel, tail light panel, and chrome bumper. He had the trunk straightened out because he said he wanted to maintain the factory paint in the trunk.

The patch panel underneath the car was from the fuel pump relocation. Peter admitted it wasn't his finest work on the panel. It was more about keeping the fuel pump cool.

A whole lot of other small modifications were made thanks to the parts connection and the love Peter has for 914's. He currently owns a near perfect 914-6.

??? "The patch panel underneath the car was from the fuel pump relocation. Peter admitted it wasn't his finest work on the panel. It was more about keeping the fuel pump cool." ??? Just pegged the BS meter.
foreignaffairs

??? "The patch panel underneath the car was from the fuel pump relocation. Peter admitted it wasn't his finest work on the panel. It was more about keeping the fuel pump cool." ??? Just pegged the BS meter.
[/quote]

What's BS about that?
Cairo94507
This is a terrific looking car; but, that fuel pump comment made no sense to me either. Perhaps the former owner was thinking of another repair to the car?
mepstein
[quote name='foreignaffairs' date='Feb 17 2017, 09:27 AM' post='2455427']
[/quote]

What's BS about that?
[/quote]
Because to relocate the fuel pump, you unbolt the fuel pump from the bracket and mount it in the front of the car. There is no big patch panel needed to be welded onto the floor pan and longitudinal to relocate the pump. There's nothing to weld. It's definitely something George at AA would say to someone whe doesn't know 914's or cars in general - but you're a shop owner?
Jett
Patch panel ... lol
foreignaffairs
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 17 2017, 09:29 AM) *

This is a terrific looking car; but, that fuel pump comment made no sense to me either. Perhaps the former owner was thinking of another repair to the car?

Sorry for the confusion. Cairo was right.
I am talking about another repair. I wasn't referring to the panel in the picture above, I didn't look at it closely enough. I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe a floor jack in the wrong spot?
I was referring to one on right rear of the trunk floor.
mepstein
QUOTE(foreignaffairs @ Feb 17 2017, 10:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 17 2017, 09:29 AM) *

Sorry for the confusion. Cairo was right.
I am talking about another repair. I wasn't referring to the panel in the picture above, I didn't look at it closely enough. I'm not sure what happened there. Maybe a floor jack in the wrong spot?
I was referring to one on right rear of the trunk floor.

I hope the future owner gets a very thourogh ppi from someone who knows these cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.