Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1974 914 1.8 w/dual Carb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
chads74
I am trying to sell the car before moving cross country as I transition out of the Air Force in a couple months. I didn't get a lot of interest before so I thought I would take more pictures of the rust areas to show how solid the car is. If you have any questions please ask away. Asking $5,500 obo. More pictures can be found at my photobucket library: http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/chad_smi...ideshow/Porsche ((If you can't get past picture 48 on the slide show you should be able to close the slide show and still see the pictures one by one. There are over 100 pictures.))

Chad

Click to view attachment
chads74
Click to view attachment
chads74
Click to view attachment
chads74
Click to view attachment
chads74
Click to view attachment
chads74
Click to view attachment
chads74
Click to view attachment
carr914
Gonna miss ya! Where are you headed?
chads74
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 16 2017, 05:24 PM) *

Gonna miss ya! Where are you headed?

Headed back to Texas, just north of Dallas.
TonyA
QUOTE(chads74 @ Feb 14 2017, 08:29 PM) *

I am trying to sell the car before moving cross country as I transition out of the Air Force in a couple months. I didn't get a lot of interest before so I thought I would take more pictures of the rust areas to show how solid the car is. If you have any questions please ask away. Asking $5,500 obo. More pictures can be found at my photobucket library: http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/chad_smi...ideshow/Porsche ((If you can't get past picture 48 on the slide show you should be able to close the slide show and still see the pictures one by one. There are over 100 pictures.))

Chad

Click to view attachment

looks great
chads74
Here is what the car looked like before the plastidip.

Click to view attachment
frostyf
QUOTE(chads74 @ Feb 18 2017, 04:42 PM) *

Here is what the car looked like before the plastidip.

Click to view attachment

Chad,
Has the car had any welding done to your knowledge? Also has it got sway bars?
How was the plasticote finish done - spray cans or otherwise?
Do you have any of the tinware cut from the inner front fenders and the trunk lid in the back?
Is it drivable on the 1.8?

Thanks,
Nick
chads74
Chad,
Has the car had any welding done to your knowledge? Also has it got sway bars?
How was the plasticote finish done - spray cans or otherwise?
Do you have any of the tinware cut from the inner front fenders and the trunk lid in the back?
Is it drivable on the 1.8?

Thanks,
Nick
[/quote]

The car had the left rear panel replaced before I bought the car, but I could only tell from inside the trunk after I bought it and had it at home. It has a Weltmister front sway bar, either 21 or 22mm, I'll double check. I did the plastidip myself with the special spray gun they sell and 2.5 gallons of flex blue. I will have to double check if I kept the cut out for the distributor in the rear trunk, but I know I have the cut outs from the front wheel wells. Car drives great, the carbs could probably use a little tlc, but it has hydraulic lifters so you don't have to worry about adjusting valves. Let me know if you have any other questions, and I'll doubled check the sway bar size and what sheet metal I have.
chads74
Sale Pending
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.