Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Pair of Weber 40 IDA 3C Carbs $2300
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
FourBlades
Pair of nice condition Weber 40IDA3C carbs. $2300 for the pair. I believe this is a
really good deal for carbs in this condition.

They look like they were rebuilt and then not used much or at all. I have had
them sitting on a shelf in my study for 5 years since I got them and never tried
running them. To be safe, I would consider them cores in need of new gaskets, o-rings,
etc. however it is also possible they will work fine as is. I would replace the short,
rubber fuel lines to be safe. Look at the pictures and see what you think. Throttle
shafts are tight and move easily. Includes air horns and screen filters as shown.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I checked the various jets and other sizes and this is what I found:

Idle jets: marked 55 but I measured them as 60 (maybe reamed out sometime in the past)
Mains: 145
Air Correction: 180
Emulsion Tubes: F3
Pump Jets: 50
Auxiliary Venturis: 4.5
Chokes: 34mm

These carbs are pristine inside. They smell just slightly of gas or oil but I doubt they
were used very much. They are certainly have not just been pulled from 20 years under the hood:

(Thanks to BCheny for the following) Porsche used the IDA type carburetors on
production 911's and 914/6's; the following is a listing of those used by type and
model application.

40IDT3C and 40IDT3C1
•1968 911T (non-USA)
40IDA3C and 40IDA3C1
•1966 - 67 911
•1968 911L (non-USA)
40IDS3C and 40IDS3C1
•1967 - 68 911S
40IDAP3C and 40IDAP3C1
•1968 911 & 911L (USA)
40IDTP3C and 40IDTP3C1
•1969 911T
•1971 only 2.2 911T (non-USA)
40IDTP13C and 40IDTP13C1
•1970 - 71 914/6

Although Webers were not used on production Porsches after 1971 they were available
as an after-market replacement for mechanical fuel injected, Solex and Zenith
carbureted engines. These were frequently provided for years from Italy Spain or from
the USA in later years. All the after-market Webers (not sold through Porsche service
centers) were identified as type 40 IDA 3C or 3C1 carburetors and used date codes in
lieu of serial numbers used for production Porsches.

PayPal or personal check (must clear before I ship parts to you).

Shipping is free to the CONUS, actual shipping costs to all others. Will ship worldwide.

Thanks...John
KevinGieg
I'll take them do you do PayPal ?
Thanks, Kevin
FourBlades

SOLD!
Mark Henry
Almost the same spec as my carbs good for a cammed 2.4 through 3.0
Nice to see what my carbs are worth. smile.gif
forrestkhaag
Beautiful Carbs / The same spec I have on my 3.0 with 40/41 Webcam grind and recurved distributor for the specs on the cams and engine overall.

Mark: From your sage experience in Weber carb setup... , ... can you suggest a starting point for my Webers on my 3.0 newly rebuilt engine? As to Venturis, Emulsions, idles, all internals etc. Of course our elevations may be different / minbe is sand at sea level and Canada, ... not use where the frost depth allows the ocean to thaw to the degree that we can surf the wall////////////

I have all the Weber books and every one has a different setup. WTF.gif

My goal is drivability at a better dynamic range of cerebral experience after launch and a delicate tactile feel of inertial mass resistance to acceleration over time.

In other words, I want this sheeplove.gif to run when I start it up / and run like a sawzall-smiley.gif when I hit it.

Your suggestions (or others) is welcome as PM or on this thread as the Webers above have gone to a new deserving home..

Thanks for the info grouphug.gif

beerchug.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Feb 28 2017, 08:47 PM) *

Beautiful Carbs / The same spec I have on my 3.0 with 40/41 Webcam grind and recurved distributor for the specs on the cams and engine overall.

Mark: From your sage experience in Weber carb setup... , ... can you suggest a starting point for my Webers on my 3.0 newly rebuilt engine? As to Venturis, Emulsions, idles, all internals etc. Of course our elevations may be different / minbe is sand at sea level and Canada, ... not use where the frost depth allows the ocean to thaw to the degree that we can surf the wall/

beerchug.gif

The specs listed on this set of carbs is about bang on what you would want to start at.
I'm at 750-800ft.

Also read everything on the http://www.performanceoriented.com/ tech info pages.
KevinGieg
Thanks John, got the carbs and they look great. should be a hoot to drive sunglasses.gif .

-Kevin
FourBlades
Good luck with your project!

Post a thread about it in the garage.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.