Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 V8 up to $18,000
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Don Contreras
Looking for a quality 914 V8.
What have ya got?

Thanks,
Don

contrfish@comcast.net
dcontreras11234@gmail.com
206-240-4030
funk
isn't craig at camp the guy to talk to about 8 conversions?look at camp914.com the guys name is craig and he specializes in 8 conversions around the Portland Oregon area
Don Contreras
QUOTE(funk @ Apr 8 2017, 11:31 PM) *

isn't craig at camp the guy to talk to about 8 conversions?look at camp914.com the guys name is craig and he specializes in 8 conversions around the Portland Oregon area

I will check it out.
Thanks for the tip.

Don
BuddyV
I might have a complete SBC conversion kit..... motor, radiator, etc..... complete..... for a Steal! I bought it... never developed. It's a runner, nothing special..... carbs, etc. But pulled complete from a running car.

NO CAR... just V8 complete kit.

..... if you are interested, PM me.

Good luck.
LowBridge
here is one still under your budget with bidding room... BAT... about 1 day left....

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-porsche-914-6/
Don Contreras
QUOTE(LowBridge @ Apr 17 2017, 12:27 PM) *

here is one still under your budget with bidding room... BAT... about 1 day left....

Much appreciated. Checking it out now.

Thanks,
Don
Don Contreras
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Apr 13 2017, 10:48 AM) *

I might have a complete SBC conversion kit..... motor, radiator, etc..... complete..... for a Steal! I bought it... never developed. It's a runner, nothing special..... carbs, etc. But pulled complete from a running car.

NO CAR... just V8 complete kit.

..... if you are interested, PM me.

Good luck.

Hey Buddy,

Offer appreciated however I'm not capable of putting something like this together. I need it ready to roll.

Thanks,
Don
mepstein
QUOTE(Don Contreras @ Apr 17 2017, 01:52 PM) *

QUOTE(LowBridge @ Apr 17 2017, 12:27 PM) *

Much appreciated. Checking it out now.

Thanks,
Don

That car looked super nice.
matthepcat
True, but $16k I personally think is pretty much the limit for a carburated SBC conversion....unless it has some really trick modifications.

LS motor brings the money....so not shocked it didn't go past $16k.
achman_73_2.0
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Apr 20 2017, 06:00 PM) *

True, but $16k I personally think is pretty much the limit for a carburated SBC conversion....unless it has some really trick modifications.

LS motor brings the money....so not shocked it didn't go past $16k.

It sold for $28K on BAT a year ago...
matthepcat
^^ really? I can't imagine why. It's a fun conversion car to own (having had one myself), but kinda an outdated option as far as water conversions go.

hot_shoe914
I have one, ready to roll, but you're going to have to dig a little deeper. 509 HP at the crank.

Click to view attachment
burton73
The reason that the Rob Simpson car went for so much was it was an original car with original paint from the father of Chevy 914-8s I saw that car a number of times and it was clean. I saw that car at Rod’s house in West Los Angeles. In comparison Renegades cars have some trickier stuff but there was nothing wrong with Rod’s kits.
A clean Renegade car sorted out will go for a lot of money if you can find one. If these high performance drive lines are put on rusty or not correctly repaired bodies the torque will twist the car apart. The CVs are the week spot and the 1st gear, No rubber laying here or broken CVs and 901 gearboxes.

Bob B
My 914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 21 2017, 04:03 PM) *

I have one, ready to roll, but you're going to have to dig a little deeper. 509 HP at the crank.

Click to view attachment

Looks nice! Do you have more pictures or a link?
Don Contreras
QUOTE(Don Contreras @ Apr 8 2017, 06:33 PM) *

What have ya got?

Thanks,
Don

contrfish@comcast.net
206-240-4030

Bought a 1974.

Thank you all for your help!

Don
burton73
QUOTE(Don Contreras @ May 30 2017, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Don Contreras @ Apr 8 2017, 06:33 PM) *

What have ya got?

Thanks,
Don

contrfish@comcast.net
206-240-4030

Bought a 1974.

Thank you all for your help!

Don

Enjoy and keep in touch

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.