Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake light switch '75 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
howelljames
I just picked up a 1975 914. My first. Drove an hour and a half home, and car performed fantastic. Wife noticed no brake lights. Bulbs good, so assuming brake light switch. How to I replace? Any videos? The brakes work excellent, so assuming master cylinder switch good, guessing it's the one for pedal (?). I have very limited mechanical ability, but want to learn more with this running project. You can stop laughing now, LOL. Thanks! Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Blue6
First check the fuse. There is a dedicated fuse for them. If not the fuse, just in front of the pedal board by the accelerator you'll see two small flat blade screws. Remove those and the brake light switch will come off. There are two spades on the back side.just remember how the activation arm goes in front of the brake pedal.

Congrats on a nice looking ride....
rhodyguy
p.110 of the Haynes manual for the switch arm orientation and the switch adjustment procedure for proper operation. If you don't have a Haynes, get one.

Nice looking car!
howelljames
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Apr 16 2017, 11:15 AM) *

First check the fuse. There is a dedicated fuse for them. If not the fuse, just in front of the pedal board by the accelerator you'll see two small flat blade screws. Remove those and the brake light switch will come off. There are two spades on the back side.just remember how the activation arm goes in front of the brake pedal.

Congrats on a nice looking ride....

Thanks. All bugs working an blinkers, so I didn't think fuse. Thanks!
howelljames
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 16 2017, 11:55 AM) *

p.110 of the Haynes manual for the switch arm orientation and the switch adjustment procedure for proper operation. If you don't have a Haynes, get one.

Nice looking car!

Buying a manual this week! Thanks
howelljames
Installed new Brake light switch. All good now. Thanks for advice guys. Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.