Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2017 - Sept. 14-17
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
poorsche914
OKTEENERFEST 2017: Oktoberfest
September 14-17 in the Alpine village of Helen, GA!

OKTEENERFEST PHOTO THREAD

This year we travel to the Alpine village of Helen, GA during the town's 47th annual Oktoberfest celebrations! While we experience traditional Bavarian festivities and cuisine from oompah bands and lederhosen to hot pretzels and German bier, our Porsche 914s will feel as though they have traveled back to their homeland! So mark your calendars and be sure to join other 914 owners for some fantastic driving, plenty of socializing, a bit of showing off, and a truckload of give-aways in a unique setting that you won't want to miss.

Join the Okteenerfest mailing list or LIKE us on Facebook for quickest access to information as it becomes available.

In addition to the driving, Okteenerfest features plenty of good eating, an awards ceremony, tons of give-aways from the most awesome vendors, a Peoples Choice Car Show, and some of the nicest people you will ever meet gathered in a single place.

Registration includes:

· Thursday evening snack/beverages
· Friday driving tour
· Friday lunch at Jake Raby’s shop
· Saturday entry to Peoples Choice Car Show
· Saturday evening awards banquet dinner
· Chance to win some great trophies
· Tickets for a chance to win some AWESOME door prizes
· Event T-Shirt
· Lifetime of memories, meeting new friends, and a chance to bond with your 914

The Helendorf River Inn is our host hotel (33 Munich Strasse, Helen, GA 30545 Phone: (800) 445-2271)
We have reserved a block of 25 Standard Rooms, 22 Riverfront Balcony Rooms and 8 Patio Rooms for our group for the nights of September 14, 15 and 16, 2017. yellowsleep[1].gif
You MUST mention you are with either Okteenerfest or the 914 club
  • Standard Rooms that do not overlook the river and involve stairs will be $114.00 per night plus tax.
  • Riverfront Balcony Rooms with elevator accessibility will be $139.00 per night plus tax.
  • Patio Level Rooms will be $149.00 per night plus tax.
  • The Helendorf requires one night's lodging as a deposit at the time reservations are made.
  • Cancellation period would be 10 days prior to arrival in order for the deposit to be fully refundable.
The rates are a bit higher than we are used to but Okteenerfest is being held during the town's annual Oktoberfest celebration and these rates are a substantial discount over their normal rates.
The venue and festive atmosphere should more than make up for the extra cost! driving.gif smilie_flagge6.gif beerchug.gif chowtime.gif beer3.gif
NB: The block of rooms AND OUR PREFERRED RATE will be held until August 1. After that, the rooms will be release to the public and the rate will revert back to their rack rate for everyone who books after August 1. So register and book as soon as you are able. type.gif

These vendors SUPPORT Okteenerfest and the 914. The majority have supported Okteenerfest from the beginning. aktion035.gif

Stoddard - Event Sponsor
LN Engineering - Gift Certificate
Raby's Aircooled Technology - Friday lunch at Aircooled Heaven
914 Rubber - Lots and lots of stuff for your 914
Bruce Stone - Rebuilt pedal cluster
Tim's Gauges - Custom LED gauge set
AASE Sales - Gift Certificates and 914 parts
Dakota Digital - CHT
Restoration Design - TBD
PMB Performance - Front and rear calipers
Pirelli Tire LLC - Pirelli-branded giveaway items; Event lanyards, goody bags, banners
Sierra Madre Collection - Goodies for all
Cleaning Systems Inc - Samples of Bug Goo and Release Degreaser
Sub Level 27 - Custom laser-engraved 914 items
Vintage Car LEDs - VC5000 Light kit
MSDS Inc. - High flow air intake system
Maddogs Motor Sports - Front sway bar stiffening kit; early rear sway bar mount kit; 2 shim pack (one of each 2mm, 3mm, 4mm); heater block off kit
Mike "Dr. Evil" Lesniak - $500 OFF transmission rebuild
Driven Racing Oil - Oil discounts
Perry Kiehl - Service cover
Stuttgart DNA - TBD
Zymol - TBD
Porsche - Porsche branded Goodies
Eckler's Automotion - $$Gift certificates$$
FiveO Motorsport - Goodie bag items
Griot's Garage - Car care kits
FCI Financial Concepts Inc. – Shannon Palmer - Cash sponsor
Rix 914 Parts - Polycarbonate Rain Hats for 6-cyl carbs; Firewall pad; other goodies
SK Tools - (2) Wrench sets; a SureGrip Pocket Screwdriver for ALL attendees
Fertan – Rust Removal Solution

driving.gif
dlee6204
Nice! driving.gif
Porschef
Dinged on Hershey, here's an excellent shot at redemption... idea.gif
914forme
piratenanner.gif
mepstein
I had a great time last year. One of the best organized and fun events I've ever been to and I didn't even have a 914 to drive. This year I'll have a teener that runs.
Tom_T
Fun tubin' there too, if there's enough water runnin'! piratenanner.gif

I may be in the east area then too, but sans my 914 since i'd be flying for biz.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mgp4591
You realize that this is in direct conflict with RRC? That's not fair to those who got to go to both last year.... dry.gif rolleyes.gif
hot_shoe914
I plan to be there this year with or without a car. I have two that run currently and one that is drivable, so hopefully I will enjoy the drives as well.

Shoe
beerchug.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Apr 20 2017, 10:17 PM) *

I plan to be there this year with or without a car. I have two that run currently and one that is drivable, so hopefully I will enjoy the drives as well.

Shoe
beerchug.gif

Hay Shoe. What's the drive time from Memphis to Helen? 9 hours to Memphis from DFW + ?
I might be able to swing the time off but won't know until June.
Minerva's 914
I'm in this year! After having to forgo Okteenerfest for the last forever due to the ride not being ready, this year I am ready to go!!!
914Next
86 miles from home! Looking like we'll be making it this year. Looking forward to it.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Next @ Apr 21 2017, 05:11 AM) *

86 miles from home! Looking like we'll be making it this year. Looking forward to it.

655 miles for me driving.gif

Looks like I can swing by charlotte, NC and visit my son on the way down. smile.gif
BIGKAT_83
Family has a cabin 3miles from Helen. Count me in this year.
If you guys need any help with routes I'm only 35 miles away and know most of the good motorcycle roads up there.
914dave
I'm in for sure. We should get a northeast caravan.
Garland
693 miles for me, and many hours of preparation before that.
Betty
Only 894 miles and 13 hours of driving; you're trying to make it too easy for us. driving-girl.gif driving.gif

mepstein
QUOTE(914dave @ Apr 21 2017, 08:52 AM) *

I'm in for sure. We should get a northeast caravan.

Good idea.
naro914
Hey all
We sincerely apologize about the conflict with RRC, but that weekend is the only one that the venue had available, and they are the only venue in Helen that can handle our group.

As Okteenerfest has grown, we've run into a bit of a good problem to have: we have lots more people attending (GOOD!!!) but finding a venue to handle us (110+ people/60+ cars), including rooms, parking, good roads in the area, a car show location, etc. has become a huge challenge. (Problem). Then when we find it, we have to go with their availability.

As Steve said, this is Helen' Oktoberfest time which runs deom Sept 9 through all of October. We are coming near the beginning so it's a little quieter (slightly) and had availability. After this weekend, rates go WAY up and we couldn't get the room block.

OH...one other thing we haven't worked out yet...at this point, there is no room for trailers. We are working on that but we can't park them at the hotel and we don't have an alternate location yet. I'm trying to work with the city on a spot, but there's no guarantees at this point....
db9146
I'll be there!!

Will we have a defined parking area?
JFJ914
One less river view available, Made my reservation! piratenanner.gif
stevend914
QUOTE(John Jentz @ Apr 21 2017, 10:19 AM) *

One less river view available, Made my reservation! piratenanner.gif

Make that two less
Cracker
Lets just park all of our trailers at BigKat's cabin????

PS: ...yet another "river view" is spoken for!

Tony

QUOTE(naro914 @ Apr 21 2017, 10:01 AM) *

OH...one other thing we haven't worked out yet...at this point, there is no room for trailers.
mepstein
Just reserved my riverfront balcony.
JoeD
Yes! Missed last year because car wasn't ready. I'm on the road now, and Helen is a great venue! Can't wait!

Just booked my room!
rmdinmd
piratenanner.gif another river front gone. looking forward to driving.gif
bandjoey
QUOTE(Betty @ Apr 21 2017, 08:42 AM) *

Only 894 miles and 13 hours of driving; you're trying to make it too easy for us. driving-girl.gif driving.gif

Thinking about trailering to Memphis and drive the teener the rest of the way.

Reading between the lines I was waiting for Don to say he'd put us up for the night and drive on with him the next day. Hint. Hint. driving.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 21 2017, 10:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Betty @ Apr 21 2017, 08:42 AM) *

Thinking about trailering to Memphis and drive the teener the rest of the way.

Reading between the lines I was waiting for Don to say he'd put us up for the night and drive on with him the next day. Hint. Hint. driving.gif

I got you man, come on up!

Shoe
beerchug.gif
bandjoey
It'll b June before I know for sure but I'm already looking forward to going. biggrin.gif
cashiersjm
Room reserved. About 1 hour from home. A lot of great roads and fun stuff to do in that area.
t collins
piratenanner.gif you can count me in beerchug.gif
JawjaPorsche
Awesome! Only thirty miles from my home.
mgp4591
Just a little tongue in cheek humor about RRC Bob! I'm planning a trip to Athens/Lawrenceville around then so I'll probably miss out on RRC... No worries - I had a great time last year riding shotgun and hangin' out so I'm looking forward to it again!
naro914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Apr 23 2017, 10:10 PM) *

Just a little tongue in cheek humor about RRC Bob! I'm planning a trip to Athens/Lawrenceville around then so I'll probably miss out on RRC... No worries - I had a great time last year riding shotgun and hangin' out so I'm looking forward to it again!

All good.... However...I am the first person to 'bitch' about scheduling overtop of other events...and here we are doing it!! Yes, RRC is really far away (distance wise) from Okteenerfest, but we have so few 914 specific events that it hinders the ability to attend both/multiple.

naro914
Regarding hotel rooms:

The only thing we ask is that if you reserve a hotel room, PLEASE be confident you will be registering for the event. Due to the strict nature of the room block and pricing, we don't want people booking rooms only to not register and have people that HAVE registered and are waiting for a room get screwed on the pricing.

We had wanted to require a registration before booking the room, but we have no easy method to make that happen, so we are trusting all of you!! beerchug.gif

Please be courteous to your fellow Teener owners!

Registration will open shortly. Steve is working through a few minor changes.

Thanks !!
poorsche914
OKTEENERFEST 2017 REGISTRATION IS OPEN! <-- click

Registration includes:

· Thursday evening snack/beverages
· Friday driving tour
· Friday lunch at Jake Raby’s shop
· Saturday entry to Peoples Choice Car Show
· Saturday evening awards banquet dinner
· Chance to win some great trophies
· Tickets for a chance to win some AWESOME door prizes
· Event T-Shirt
· Lifetime of memories, meeting new friends, and a chance to bond with your 914

driving.gif
mepstein
Just registered.
stevend914
Registered - check mailed - room reserved. Ready to go! driving.gif
naro914
UPDATE
As an added bonus, Jake Raby has graciously invited us to his Raby Engine Development shop in Cleveland, GA for a tour, which will be our lunch stop during the Friday Drive!! Jakes shop contains two engine dyno's, so maybe if we're lucky he'll be able to have something on the dyno for us to watch...

So for those who have always wondered what Jake is really up to, now's your chance to see!!
rmdinmd
piratenanner.gif on the update;

Registered and check is in the mail.
BillC
Room reserved and event registration made. piratenanner.gif

Not sure my wife realizes just how much time will be spent in the 914.... blink.gif
poorsche914
Quite a few folks coming in from 700+ miles away piratenanner.gif
Should be fun figuring out who gets the "Iron Butt" award bootyshake.gif

driving.gif
JoeD
Registered, and check is in the mail!
914dave
Room is booked and registered!!!!
naro914
Teaser pic

Click to view attachment
BillC
Is it too early to start planning a Mid-Atlantic/NorthEast caravan? driving.gif
naro914
Click to view attachment
naro914
Click to view attachment..
mepstein
QUOTE(BillC @ Apr 25 2017, 09:13 PM) *

Is it too early to start planning a Mid-Atlantic/NorthEast caravan? driving.gif

Yes, we will do one but let's get through the summer first. smile.gif
Mblizzard
Sighed up are ready to go!
914four
Hotel reservation made, event registration completed and check is in the mail.

Looking forward to driving back roads over to Marietta, GA for lunch in the square, then visiting the newly remodeled AutoAtlanta and meeting up with others for the final leg over to Helen.

Can't think of a better way to spend 9/14 day! blue914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.