Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- thinking of making non fog grills
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I've had a few people ash about the non fog light grills. I can make these pencil out if we can do 100 sets. So I'm looking for 50 sets price point will be a little higher as these will not move as fast as the ones with the fog lights.

Looking at $88 a set fro the GB price. I will make these if I can get 50 takers (sets).

I don't think there is enough demand, but maybe I'm wrong.

Seems like there is a OEM with some issues on Ebay fro $299 for one side

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=252869666361&am...true&chn=ps

So maybe it's worth doing.
AndyB
I would be down for two sets.
SKL1
I'll let a friend here with an original albert blue 6. His came that way- I always figured all the 6's had fog lights! Asked him about that but he bought it new and said it came that way. He's kept it in original looking condition though it has been restored.
BillC
I'll take a set. I'd also be interested in a set of mounting screws and clip nuts, if possible.
walterolin
I need one set.
bigkensteele
Just wondering if these might allow for two small oil coolers for those of us who will be running a six and don't want to cut into their front trunk??? confused24.gif idea.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 25 2017, 06:02 PM) *

Just wondering if these might allow for two small oil coolers for those of us who will be running a six and don't want to cut into their front trunk??? confused24.gif idea.gif

Getting a bit OT but:
That'd be cool (no pun intended) but there's not really anywhere for the air to go if you mount a cooler behind the grill. That said, I was down at Elephant racing and was checking out their 914 oil cooler line kit (super nice but not cheap):
http://www.elephantracing.com/oilhandling/...plumbingkit.htm

But just pumping the oil through the lines and back would probably cause a significant temp drop so maybe a custom set of little coolers could work...?
burton73
PMB Performance had hard lines for oil cooling at a better price than elephant but I cannot find them on E’s site now. Also I want to point out that the factory set up used in my 70 911s was a simple set of U bends in the front fender behind the lights for the extra cooling set up.
My 6 had the oil cooler up front with air coming in through the 2 non-fog lamps metal grills, exiting through the floor in a 916 like set up as far as a exit hole in the floor.

Bob B
914forme
Brant's race car, exits out the inner fender.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

See no cutting of the front trunk confused24.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 25 2017, 09:02 PM) *

Do a search, I know a member did just that and claimed it worked good. Likely will be about a 10 year old thread.
maf914
QUOTE(914forme @ Apr 25 2017, 07:06 PM) *

Brant's race car, exits out the inner fender.

See no cutting of the front trunk confused24.gif

And no headlights either! laugh.gif

Brant's car is a beauty with some great work. smilie_pokal.gif
andys
I'd be interested in a set.

Thanks,

Andys
Olympic 914
I just bought a used set from a member here.
I would be up for a new set.
Black and chrome?
Mikey914
Of course black and chrome would both be available.
Catorse
I will take a set
dlkawashima
+1 set for me.
CMONNETT
I need a set also
stevend914
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Apr 25 2017, 08:02 PM) *

I've thought of doing the same, but haven't seriously looked in to it yet.
C-Ya MK
I would be interested in a black set.
Mike
bdstone914
The non fog light grills work with fig lights. I did that on a customers car I help restore. They actually protect the lights somewhat.
Mikey914
So far some interest. Not quite there yet, but could be possible. Need a few more takers.
SHREK914
I'm in for one set, possibly 2
C-Ya MK
Any update on these?
Mikey914
Trying to get the master cylinders finished right now and going through a surprise upgrade cycle at the day job. Bid for an airplane I didn't think I had the seniority to hold and actually got it! I'm in training til the end of July, but tasked Matt and Blake to help be complete them and keep all the projects moving. Not quite as fast as we had hoped, but the good news is I will have more money for tooling!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.