Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 Rare Porsche Factory Cars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
http://www.autosspeed.com/10-of-the-rarest...hes-ever-built/

Something looks not quite right with that 914/8 pic. drunk.gif
Tom_T
They missed the Porsche B32 Carrera - only 11, 15, 17 were built, depending on who's numbers you use. huh.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

A Screamer Van! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

SirAndy
headbang.gif WTF.gif poke.gif confused24.gif headbang.gif
Tom_T
EDIT Dupe .... & 74 > 76 blink.gif

PS - yes 914 pic is wrong, they used a 75 or 74 OOPS! 76 914/4 - NOT either of the 914-8's!

The editor should've caught it, &/or the writer should've done his/her research on the pic properly.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
6freak
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 16 2017, 01:09 PM) *

EDIT Dupe

PS - yes 914 pic is wrong, they used a 75 or 74 914/4 - NOT either of the 914-8's!
The editor should've caught it, &/or the writer should've done his/her research on the pic properly.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

agree big mistake
JmuRiz
Must have fixed it, it's showing the Piech 914/8 now.
Tom_T
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ May 16 2017, 01:46 PM) *

Must have fixed it, it's showing the Piech 914/8 now.

Well, it's nice to know that some website folks read the comments & correct their mistakes! biggrin.gif

It looks much better with the right pic! first.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
autosspeed
Thx my friends, sorry for big mistake smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(autosspeed @ May 16 2017, 02:04 PM) *

Wow!

I am truly impressed that the writer or editor or whomever you are with autospeed would come on here to Thank us!!!!

Kudos to you! smilie_pokal.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif .... the salute is there for you, even if you don't drink yourself!
Tom
///////
SirAndy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 16 2017, 02:13 PM) *

Wow!
I am truly impressed that the writer or editor or whomever you are with autospeed would come on here to Thank us!!!!
Cheers! beerchug.gif .... the salute is there for you, even if you don't drink yourself!
Tom
///////

agree.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(SirAndy @ May 16 2017, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 16 2017, 02:13 PM) *

Wow!
Tom
///////

agree.gif

I'm guessing that it may have been you, Andy, who contacted them directly to correct it, & maybe even sent them the correct pic to use.

If so, then beerchug.gif to you too!

Tom
///////
autosspeed
I saw googl Analytics your site and read my mistake.
Tom_T
QUOTE(autosspeed @ May 16 2017, 03:00 PM) *

Well then, you are far more proactive than most of the other online & print magazines are, when it comes to fact checking.

So for your next "Rare Porsches article, maybe you can research the B32 Carrera which I noted above. It's been in a number of German print auto magazines, & a couple of English ones since they came out in the 1980's, & they have the gray one at the VW Bulli Museum in Hamburg (??) GER.

We've owned one of the "slow" (0-60: 30 minutes) 1988 VW Vanagon CamperGL Westfalia waterboxer-4's since new - so anything faster is always of interest to me! laugh.gif

PS - Most Porsche types here in the US & California have never heard of them at all, but I think some in Europe & the UK may know a bit more about them. So it's one unique Porsche which would stun a lot of your readers, I would think.

Good for You! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
KELTY360
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 16 2017, 01:06 PM) *

They missed the Porsche B32 Carrera - only 11, 15, 17 were built, depending on who's numbers you use. huh.gif

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

A Screamer Van! driving.gif driving-girl.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

NARP
Tom_T
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ May 16 2017, 03:14 PM) *

NARP

Exactly why everyone on here should support it Marc - it's another NARP! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
TT
///////
csdilligaf
And tonight I will toss and turn wondering which one, The 964 Flat nose or the 993 Carrera RS is my favorite Porsche.
rhodyguy
185km/h in a vanagon. Zoiks!
r_towle
There is a car show at an old track in CT every Labor Day. Due to zoning they race on Friday and Saturday and no cars allowed to run on Sunday. It's a vintage race weekend. Being near NYC there are some 1% guys here running some unique iron. I saw one abarth 356 there with a 4-cam parked next to several 356 carerras....
Unique car but not my cup of tea....the abarth.
Now, the original unrestored Ferrari gto that won lemans is there every year....all stickers still on the car and the guy still races it , which is right.
turbonet
959??
Chris H.
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 16 2017, 09:52 PM) *

fahrvergnügen.
dlkawashima

Why isn't the Porsche 916 in your list?
mepstein
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ May 17 2017, 03:36 AM) *

Why isn't the Porsche 916 in your list?

There's actually a lot of Porsche built prototype cars and one off's that are not on the list.
Tom_T
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 16 2017, 07:52 PM) *

That would not bother my wife in "her happy van" one wit! biggrin.gif
driving-girl.gif

Plus then she could also tow "her cute trailer" (3000 lb 1960 Avion T20) with "her happy van"!! blink.gif
cheer.gif

beerchug.gif
TT
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(r_towle @ May 16 2017, 08:14 PM) *

There is a car show at an old track in CT every Labor Day. Due to zoning they race on Friday and Saturday and no cars allowed to run on Sunday. It's a vintage race weekend. Being near NYC there are some 1% guys here running some unique iron. I saw one abarth 356 there with a 4-cam parked next to several 356 carerras....
Unique car but not my cup of tea....the abarth.
Now, the original unrestored Ferrari gto that won lemans is there every year....all stickers still on the car and the guy still races it , which is right.

I think the Porsche Abarth 356 would also be considered a race & not production car Rich, but then maybe a list of rare Porsche Racers si in order.

There were a couple of the Abarths with that Carrera motor that came to the Coronada Speedfest for the past several years that we went (held on the NAS North Island runway). driving.gif

But the Fleet Week sponsors have cancelled that vintage race as of January 2017 - so it is no more! sad.gif

beerchug.gif
TT
///////
IronHillRestorations
They had one of the street GT1 cars in the wind tunnel at Weissach when I was there in '97, and that is one weak in the knees sexy car. I don't think it's much higher than your waistline, and so sleeeek.
stevend914
I still have this dream of finding a 904 in a barn somewhere
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.