Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: may i introduce myself....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
europrodan
hello everyone. I am new to this scene so please be patient with me. I haven't been in the car forum world since the late 90's (Hondatech) followed by some brief usage of VWvortex. I was glad to learn of this community and all of its resources. My name is Dan, I live in Charleston SC, and I have recently acquired a 74 model. While I was not a previous enthusiast of this model, this little thing is growing on me. Don't really have the plans figured out or what direction I plan on going. I am no stranger to the European car world but this marks my first Porsche so that in and of itself is quite exciting. As with everything on the internet, I am well aware its worthless without images so....enjoy.
Happy Friday!

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
welcome.png Good way to start with a Bumble Bee! biggrin.gif Welcome to the madness.
TheCabinetmaker
Welcome to the madness Dan
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
poorsche914
Nice looking Bee.

Would love to see it at Okteenerfest this fall w00t.gif

driving.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png Hey that's a great start. I would just suggest you read, read, read the threads on this forum before you make any hard or fast plans. Until then drive the car and enjoy it. beerchug.gif
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Nice car! Doesn't look like it needs much, maybe just some driving.gif
DRPHIL914
piratenanner.gif welcome.png welcome fellow South Carolinian! there are a few more of us here,
since you are new to the 914 world, anything you need to know about these cars is right here at your disposal--
of course we like pictures and stories! please share your purchase and car history!
would love to see more of the car and what you have!

Dr. Phil
76-914
welcome.png
ConeDodger
welcome.png

Dan, you should introduce yourself to Jeff Bowlsby. He is an expert on the Can Am or LE Models. He'll want your VIN# for his registry. You could PM him directly or edit your title so it says Bumblebee. He doesn't troll the site as much as many of us, but he'd pick up on it if he saw the word Bumblebee...
pgollender
"this little thing is growing on me"

Starts out like an innocent freckle, then turns into raging cancerous obsession.
welcome.png
Optimusglen
Welcome, I'm also on VWVortex/TCL I was probably just getting started on there in the late 90's though.
LowBridge
welcome.png .. welcome and this is a fantastic community... If you are unsure then ask away as the experts are always lurking in the back ground ready to pounce with answers..
beerchug.gif
brubou
welcome.png Buzz Buzz man!

Search can be tricky sometimes, so use google and type "914world" before what you want to search for.
europrodan
QUOTE(Philip W. @ May 19 2017, 06:58 AM) *

piratenanner.gif welcome.png welcome fellow South Carolinian! there are a few more of us here,
since you are new to the 914 world, anything you need to know about these cars is right here at your disposal--
of course we like pictures and stories! please share your purchase and car history!
would love to see more of the car and what you have!

Dr. Phil

GOOD MORNING,
wish I had more pictures or stories. not much to tell so far with this one. Also, don't really know much of the history surrounding this one. I am just starting to research the chassis number and see if there is any stories out there about this one.

Wasn't really in the market for this, or any car for that matter. But due to the circumstances surrounding the acquisition I really couldn't say no. I'm no stranger to the Porsche/air-cooled scene so I had to grab it up before it was lost forever.
Mblizzard
Great choice. Lots of support and information here. welcome.png

If you need any help just ask.
europrodan
EVENTUALLY, will be redoing the interior as it appears a rat(s) have been living inside for many years. Don't know how long the car has been sitting up.
jrblackbox
Looks like you got stung by a BEE! Great start!!
europrodan
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ May 19 2017, 06:46 AM) *

welcome.png
Nice car! Doesn't look like it needs much, maybe just some driving.gif

wish I could say its road worthy. currently in my much need of some rear calipers or a few rebuild kits. I know its suppose to be slow but not this slow..
also need to get the instrumentation sorted.
ConeDodger
Fortunately, 914Rubber.com has almost a complete reproduction interior at very reasonable prices.

Except the targa bar pad. We've begged and begged but Mark just teases us on the targa bar pad... sad.gif

Here's my interior. All of it from 914Rubber.com. Except that damned targa bar pad.

Mark! poke.gif
StratPlayer
welcome.png Nice car, enjoy the hell out of it.
JeffBowlsby
Hi Dan, great looking 914LE!

I manage the 914LE Registry...is your car on it?

http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/

Please contact me through my website or this forum.

Thanks, Jeff
914_teener
Wow......

Nice start is right. Nice grab and welcome.
burton73
Great looking car.
welcome.png

Bob
europrodan
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ May 19 2017, 09:25 AM) *

Fortunately, 914Rubber.com has almost a complete reproduction interior at very reasonable prices.

Except the targa bar pad. We've begged and begged but Mark just teases us on the targa bar pad... sad.gif

Here's my interior. All of it from 914Rubber.com. Except that damned targa bar pad.

Mark! poke.gif

looks really nice
Mikey914
Welcome, your in the right place. I know the calipers can be rebuilt simply enough, but you may want to check out PMB performance. He strips them and re plates them, not your typical rattle can rebuild. I have done my share of brakes and PMS's look so much better when done.

Hit me up if you have any questions on rubber, interior or anything else you may need.

-Mark
AKA Mikey914

And yes Rob you will not have to wait too much longer for the roll bar pads biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 19 2017, 02:36 PM) *

Welcome, your in the right place. I know the calipers can be rebuilt simply enough, but you may want to check out PMB performance. He strips them and re plates them, not your typical rattle can rebuild. I have done my share of brakes and PMS's look so much better when done.

Hit me up if you have any questions on rubber, interior or anything else you may need.

-Mark
AKA Mikey914

And yes Rob you will not have to wait too much longer for the roll bar pads biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
Welcome to mid-engine-madness! Your in the right place people here will help you out and try to keep you from those that will just take your money. welcome.png
whitetwinturbo
............everyone knows any car with yellow on it makes it faster poke.gif
banananose914
You done good! Some of us start at the bottom and work up. You came right out of the gate with an LE. Good job. Congratulations!
europrodan
QUOTE(banananose914 @ May 19 2017, 09:41 PM) *

You done good! Some of us start at the bottom and work up. You came right out of the gate with an LE. Good job. Congratulations!

Thank you all for the kind words
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.