Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Head rebuilding referral Sacramento area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
My regular machinist hung up his shingle recently. Need referral for head re-building work near my local area (60 mile radius) in Sacramento. Looking for good work with decent value. Prefer to have heads worked on at the shop I drop them off at and not shipped around.Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
That's tough. Aluminum 40 year old heads are something that require evaluation and not just rebuilding. They often have occult cracks and the valve guides easily fall out.

I'd reconsider on the shipping thing.

If you insist on staying local, check out the bug place on El Camino next to business 80. They do some work in house. Heads, I'm not sure...

If you want to work with "one of us" Ron Kain owns IPB Autosport downtown and is a member here. He's been described as the "fastest 914 pilot in Northern California." He can do the evaluation part in House and use a machine shop for that part...
Justinp71

I've used Del's Machine in Sacramento before with great results. They are over by bugformance, so I think a lot of the vw guys use them.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 19 2017, 02:35 PM) *

I've used Del's Machine in Sacramento before with great results. They are over by bugformance, so I think a lot of the vw guys use them.

Justin grinning from ear to ear cause he could remember the name of Bugformance and I couldn't... poke.gif
Robnxious
Ron at IPB does outstanding work, and from what I hear, is basically the only person to take your 914 to in Sac since Frank's isn't working on them anymore. Great guy and great staff, and then do outstanding work.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.