Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: GERMAN ignition Switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I have purchased my last aftermarket switch. All have failed. What is the best source for a good German ignition switch fo a 75?
Chris914n6
I just bought a Beck/Arnley from Rockauto. Will let you know in a week if it's any better. The brand hasn't let me down yet...
Kansas 914
I don't know if this one is made in Germany but it states "Genuine".

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC..._ELIGNT_pg4.htm
Tom_T
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Jun 7 2017, 09:01 PM) *

I don't know if this one is made in Germany but it states "Genuine".

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC..._ELIGNT_pg4.htm

Direct Link -

http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/1119...&SVSVSI=978

Not sure if it's a Porsche or VW-Audi part, since the link above says latter, but the one in the link from Mike M. says Porsche on the page of ignition parts.

Either way, should be a better part than the CRP (Crap) on & the Meistersatz above the OEM one.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
michael7810
I ordered the Genuine Porsche from Pelican and received an email a few days later stating it had to come from Germany and there was a 6 week wait plus a 20% increase to pay for shipping. So I bought the $8 part they had in stock and it's been working OK for 2K miles. The one I replaced was made in Germany so I opened it up and cleaned/lubricated it and it checked out good so I'm keeping it for a spare. I had an intermittent problem and replaced the switch plus installed a Ford solenoid mod at the same time. Maybe the Ford solenoid will extend the life of the Chinese switch.
Porschef
It wasn't that complicated for me, I just ordered it at a Porsche dealer.

We gots lots of them here on LI... rolleyes.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jun 8 2017, 05:46 AM) *

It wasn't that complicated for me, I just ordered it at a Porsche dealer.

We gots lots of them here on LI... rolleyes.gif

Exactly, go to the Porsche dealer. They pick up the shipping if it needs to come from Germany.

It pays to get to know the guy at the parts counter. The Porsche dealer can order you those small parts in a day or two and there's usually no shipping charge.
Mblizzard
Ordered from local dealer. $55 was a bit steep. But I have spent way more than that in time on the 3 $10 ones I have installed.
Porschef
Mike, you'll be glad you did. Should see us through...
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jun 8 2017, 04:25 PM) *

See us?????
porschetub
But @ $55 dollars if you have changed a few it needs only quick consideration,I would think the time spent changing is more of a pain...not exactly a 5min job.
My Masterstraus (spelling) from Pelican is still going after repeated abuse testing stuff but at that price not expecting too much.
Are not just a VW part,type one number I think ?????
Porschef
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 8 2017, 08:34 PM) *

See us?????

Yeah, I'd think that another 40 years service out of a part would be acceptable rolleyes.gif

Wouldn't you?
Porschef
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jun 9 2017, 07:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Jun 8 2017, 08:34 PM) *

See us?????

Yeah, I'd think that another 40 years service out of a part would be acceptable rolleyes.gif

Wouldn't you? biggrin.gif

JamesM
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 7 2017, 07:14 PM) *

I just bought a Beck/Arnley from Rockauto. Will let you know in a week if it's any better. The brand hasn't let me down yet...

I have tried a couple from Rockauto including Beck/Arnley and the manufacturing tolerances/poor assembly of the part prohibits it from even fitting in the steering column. Both appears to have come from the same manufacture and were defective in the same way.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jun 9 2017, 10:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jun 7 2017, 07:14 PM) *

I have tried a couple from Rockauto including Beck/Arnley and the manufacturing tolerances/poor assembly of the part prohibits it from even fitting in the steering column. Both appears to have come from the same manufacture and were defective in the same way.

You're right. Mine came in today. Made in Taiwan. Exactly the same as the Uro part down to the green marker dot.
At least I can send it back with the B/A ignition switch. Didn't match the pic so the cover won't fit. That was made in Mexico. Oh well, another brand bites the dust.

My Uro fit, but the contact doesn't turn enough to connect both the ON and START tabs at the same time. Time to see if the old parts fit in the new case smash.gif
michael7810
Hmmm. The cheapo one I bought from Pelican fit fine and worked OK during my drive to WCR and back. I bought PN 111-905-865-K-M61 made by Meistersatz.
Mblizzard
This is my third cheap one. It is amazing how flexible the cheap ones are compared to the German. I would like to check the thickness of the plastics and compare. All of my cheap ones have failed because the case separated. The German failed because the contacts finally wore out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.