Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Plastic cover for targa latches (on padded roll bar)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
yeahmag
I'm after good, used plastic covers that hide the latch in the padded roll bar cover.

Click to view attachment
Dominic
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jun 26 2017, 10:55 AM) *

I'm after good, used plastic covers that hide the latch in the padded roll bar cover.

Click to view attachment

I've got a good set of plastic covers, I'll send you a PM.
Woodside914
I also have a set available if anyone else is looking....send me a PM

Question: when did they start using plastic on these? Personally, I like the metal better ; )
yeahmag
Looks like plastic started in 1973. BTW - I'm all set. Thanks to all who are helping me!
7TPorsh
Never knew these existed...could use a nice pair...914rubber?
bdstone914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Jun 26 2017, 01:59 PM) *

They do not make them.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 26 2017, 06:15 PM) *

They do not make them.

Yet.

These will be available with the new roll bar. As well as the screw hole plugs that are already done.

biggrin.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 26 2017, 06:54 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 26 2017, 06:15 PM) *

They do not make them.

Yet.

These will be available with the new roll bar. As well as the screw hole plugs that are already done.

biggrin.gif

The early ones were zinc and look better. This is one I powder coated. This ones a little rough. The zinc emits gas when heated and can bubbles the paint.
BillC
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 26 2017, 10:25 PM) *

The early ones were zinc and look better. This is one I powder coated. This ones a little rough. The zinc emits gas when heated and can bubbles the paint.

You may want to try baking them first, and then powder coating afterward (but before they completely cool off). Baking them first should cook out the gases, so the powder coat won't be affected when it's cooked.
bdstone914
QUOTE(BillC @ Jun 27 2017, 05:14 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 26 2017, 10:25 PM) *

You may want to try baking them first, and then powder coating afterward (but before they completely cool off). Baking them first should cook out the gases, so the powder coat won't be affected when it's cooked.

Yes that works to a degree. And we bake, powder coated lightly , sand smooth and re powder coat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.