Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal 914 fun day sept 16th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
sb914
Hello all :update 7-17-17 for payment $10.00 p.p. PayPal--ovalerio23@gmail.com thank you .

ValcoOscar, curbandgutter(Rudy) and myself sbc914, are organizing this 914 So CAL event. The attached flyer pretty much speaks for itself. We will provide regular updates to this thread as we go along.For the next several weeks,admins,and 914 world Forum vendors, have first dibs on securing on-site accommodations. Others Pm or text
714-823-9080.Video to come. Thank you and hope to see you all there! piratenanner.gif first.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif chowtime.gif monkeydance.gif jsharp.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
For now you can copy and paste link...I can't figure out how to upload video.

If someone can link video I would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSixWXukMo...eature=youtu.be

ndfrigi
Sir Eddy, planning to come along with my family but sorry no 914 for now. But other porsche car is welcome?
76-914
popcorn[1].gif
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 28 2017, 09:33 AM) *

Sir Eddy, planning to come along with my family but sorry no 914 for now. But other porsche car is welcome?

Yes other porsche's and family are welcomed!
Alphaogre
that's right up the road from me, I'll try and make it!
sb914

Noel , Yes of course, this is a family event drive whatever you want.
Elliot Cannon
Horshoes AND go karts? Shit howdy, I'm there. Uh oh. Isn't that the same weekend as the RRC? sad.gif
Coondog
Count me in....... smile.gif
craig downs
Sounds like fun. I'll be there.
Curbandgutter
LIST OF ATTENDEES: (76-80 as of 8-25-17) Will update as needed. (?) means that I need to know how many you are bringing for the all important food head count. [?] means that I need to know if you are bringing a 914 and how many?
33 914 VEHICLES ARE CONFIRMED AS OF (8-25-17)

Oscar ValcoOscar (6) [3] PAID
Eddy SB914 (2) [1] PAID
Rudy Curbandgutter (4) [1/2] PAID If possible I will bring my tube chassis project car
Noel Ndfrigi (4) [0] PAID
Alphaogre (Maybe)
Elliot Cannon (Maybe)
Coondog (2) [1] PAID
Chip CSDilligaf (2) [0] PAID
Craig Downs (2) [0]
Gary Gmanscott (Maybe)
914-300Hemi (2) [1] PAID
Garrettlee2 (2) [?]
Lawrence Larmo63 (1) [1] PAID
Second Wind (2) [?]
914 teener (2) [1] PAID
so.o.c914er (2) [1] PAY AT GATE
Calvinator2016 (2) [1] PAID
Mike D. (2) [1] PAID
Whitetwinturbo (2 + maybe 2 more) [2] PAID
Kgruen2 (2) [1] PAID
Steve (1) [1] PAID
Bernbomb914 (2) [1]
Kent 76-914 (2) [1]
forrestkhag (2) [1]
BigFour1973 (2) [1]
73-914kid (2) [2]
Fatboy007 (2) [1]
Mark Euro911 (2) [1] PAID
Don and Tina don-6 (2)
Keith914 (1) [1] PAID
blue6 (2) [0]
Banananose914 (1) [1]
Socalandy (1) [1]
Lucky9146 (2) [0] PAID
FG914 (2 + maybe 2 more) [?]
Jerry Joseph (1) [1]
Albert Mendoza (1) [0]
Siverson (2) [1]
Marc Mechanic (1) [1 ] PAID
Mike Olsib914 (1) [0] PAID
Tom T. (4) [1] PAID
914 7T3 (2) [1]
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 28 2017, 11:18 AM) *

Noel , Yes of course, this is a family event drive whatever you want.

Thanks sir Eddy! I confirmed to Rudy that four of us (my family) are coming. My wife asked even without a 914?
914-300Hemi
Count Michelle and I in.
garrettlee2
I needed a goal date to finish my 914 I'm in and I'll be dragging my wife. After the rabbit to temecula it I may have to really drag her.
Larmo63
I will be there too. Count me in as a solo act.

You might even see me driving a black 914.

Excellent location, thank you so much, I'll bring whatever you need.
second wind
I am going to this and it sounds fantastic!!! 914's and tri-tip sandwiches.....am I missing anything??
gg
914_teener
Count me in and either my wife if she isn't studying or my son.

Send the form in right?

SO.O.C914er
Count Pam and I in. To local for us to miss this one. beerchug.gif driving.gif

ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 28 2017, 07:43 AM) *

Hello all ,
ValcoOscar, curbandgutter(Rudy) and myself sbc914, are organizing this 914 So CAL event. The attached flyer pretty much speaks for itself. We will provide regular updates to this thread as we go along.For the next several weeks,admins,and 914 world Forum vendors, have first dibs on securing on-site accommodations. Others Pm or text
714-823-9080.Video to come. Thank you and hope to see you all there! piratenanner.gif first.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif chowtime.gif monkeydance.gif jsharp.gif Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Let's try this video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSixWXukMo&t=3s
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 28 2017, 07:43 AM) *

Hello all ,

<! :stromberg: ! width="420" height="315" src="https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSixWXukMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></! :stromberg: !>

914_7T3
Calvin loves Tri-tip. Count us in as well!

beerchug.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Calvinator2016 @ Jun 29 2017, 07:39 AM) *

Calvin loves Tri-tip. Count us in as well!

Just kidding, I'm bringing my son so Calvin the Doggo stays home.

smile.gif
ValcoOscar
Okay 3rd attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lSixWXukMo

forrestkhaag
Maybe just describe in words what is on the video if anyone has actually seen it......... if it exists... poke.gif

This looks to be a well attended event. Maybe I can even get my hood sorted out by then........... hissyfit.gif
Curbandgutter
Word on the street is that Coondog may be bringing something pretty special. If it's ready by that time. smile.gif smile.gif

Mike D.
Count me in for this one!
sb914
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jun 29 2017, 03:52 PM) *

Count me in for this one!

Hey mike ,
Contact leamon , he and Oscar use to hang out in the eighties!
Oscar has some cool old shots off there cars back in the day !!
Maybe he'll post one !
effutuo101
Maybe next year.... wacko.gif
whitetwinturbo
I'm coming.............but my 914 may not be ready however, the "Great White" can feast on some highway miles driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
914_7T3
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jun 28 2017, 05:56 PM) *

LIST OF ATTENDEES: (as of 6-29-17) Will update as needed. (?) means that I need to know how many you are bringing for the all important food head count.

Oscar ValcoOscar (6)
Eddy SB914 (2)
Rudy Curbandgutter (4)
Noel Ndfrigi (4)
Alphaogre (Maybe)
Elliot Cannon (Maybe)
Coondog (2)
Chip CSDilligaf (2)
Craig Downs (?)
Gary Gmanscott (Maybe)
914-300hemi (2)
Garrettlee2 (2)
Lawrence Larmo63 (1)
Second Wind (?)
914 teener (2)
so.o.c914er (2)
Calvinator2016 (2)

If Larmo is coming, I will have to have the Tornado mirrors off the car by then!
kgruen2
Sounds like fun. Count me in for 2. Thx.
Steve
I'll be there!! Love barbecue!!
Curbandgutter
Hey Temecula 914 Fun Day attendees. Please PM Oscar at ValcoOscar and let him know:

1) Name
2) Profile Name
3) Location
4) City
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jun 30 2017, 08:21 AM) *

Hey Temecula 914 Fun Day attendees. Please PM Oscar at ValcoOscar and let him know:

1) Name
2) Profile Name
3) Location
4) City

Also, Please include headcount.

Some accommodations spoken for...waiting to hear from admins & vendors
76-914
Tech sessions are fantastic opportunities. It would be great if there were more than one tech session. I'd love to attend one on 4 wheel alignment. Maybe have tech session(s) kick off early when it's cool. beerchug.gif
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jun 30 2017, 08:51 AM) *

Tech sessions are fantastic opportunities. It would be great if there were more than one tech session. I'd love to attend one on 4 wheel alignment. Maybe have tech session(s) kick off early when it's cool. beerchug.gif

Sounds like a great idea. We'll need someone withe the tools. However, Isn't that something that takes hours to do? I've never done one but would love to see it done.

BTW How many do I put you down for?
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 30 2017, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Curbandgutter @ Jun 30 2017, 08:21 AM) *

1) Name
2) Profile Name
3) Location
4) City

Also, Please include headcount.

Some accommodations spoken for...waiting to hear from admins & vendors

Hi Sir Oscar,

Since you got my info details already thru pm, how do u want us to send the pre-registration fee?

Thank you for everything!
bernbomb914
Please include bernbomb914 plus 2 to attend I am also in Temecula
914_teener

I promised Kent I'd do this one.

I have the toe plates and tools and string.

It takes about an hour or so. Main thing is setting up the square and then the math.

Need a very flat surface tho.

Curbandgutter
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jun 30 2017, 10:35 AM) *

It takes about an hour or so. Main thing is setting up the square and then the math.

WOW that is going to be fantastic. I'm sure Oscar will chime in, but I don't think that finding a flat surface at this place will be a problem.
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Jun 30 2017, 10:11 AM) *

Please include bernbomb914 plus 2 to attend I am also in Temecula

OK you've been added!
ValcoOscar

DONE...I have flat surface

Oscar
76-914

Great. I can assist with set up and making some extra plates if it would mean more alignments that day. Rudy, Been meaning to get by your place but business before pleasure. Put us down for 2, please sir. beerchug.gif
Curbandgutter
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jul 1 2017, 06:47 AM) *

Great. I can assist with set up and making some extra plates if it would mean more alignments that day. Rudy, Been meaning to get by your place but business before pleasure. Put us down for 2, please sir. beerchug.gif

2 down for Kent please.
ValcoOscar
What a great morning to service go carts

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914_teener

Kent,

The toe plate is used to measure castor angle and an angle reference.

If you mean rear shims then yea.....bring as many different thickness you can. Those are tricky to put in as you know if the bolts haven't been soaked with PB Blaster. So whomever wants to do theirs as an example make sure that they are not rusted in place or no go. Soak them for a couple of days with PB. You don't want those breaking off.

The go carts look freakin cool.

Thanks Oscar for doing this.
forrestkhaag
Nice one Eddy!

I am all in at this point. The 6 is screaming and I should have my tranny issues sorted by then.

beerchug.gif
sb914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 1 2017, 05:18 PM) *

Nice one Eddy!

I am all in at this point. The 6 is screaming and I should have my tranny issues sorted by then.
beerchug.gif

Sweet Forrest. Bring Keith with you. He'll probably be done with his car as well. Maybe you,Lawrence, and Keith can ride together in your new 6 conversions
76-914
QUOTE(914_teener @ Jul 1 2017, 10:33 AM) *

Kent,

The toe plate is used to measure castor angle and an angle reference.

If you mean rear shims then yea.....bring as many different thickness you can. Those are tricky to put in as you know if the bolts haven't been soaked with PB Blaster. So whomever wants to do theirs as an example make sure that they are not rusted in place or no go. Soak them for a couple of days with PB. You don't want those breaking off.

The go carts look freakin cool.

Thanks Oscar for doing this.

Very good point. Those attending may want to begin the PB Blaster soak, now! I have a few extra shims I'll bring. Other's; pls do the same if you have some laying around. Just clean them of dirt, debris and rust. PM me with anything else I can bring for this forum. Any other ideas for a Tech Forum? No reason not to have another one run concurrently. Not everyone will be up for the alignment forum. I see a lot of folks are intimidated by welding. Those of us that do weld could bring our helmets for others to view instructors welds and then do some hands on welding themselves. I'm sure there are guys that would enjoy an intro to welding. Welding "intros" forums are usually received with a great deal of enthusiasm. piratenanner.gif
Larmo63
My car should be up and running before that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.