Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holding on in Santa RosaI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
I am watching the fire from my house about a mile out. I am right next to a mandatory evac zone. I am loaded and ready to go. My Red 75 is in Sebastopol. My 72 six is on the lift with no front suspension and the engine on a stand in the garage. I have not had time to do anything with my six. Wish me luck!
LowBridge
good luck... no way to just bolt on the front end and drag onto a trailer?
Mikey914
I feel for you. I'd hate to be in that position. wishing you all the luck you need..
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 11 2017, 08:19 AM) *

I feel for you. I'd hate to be in that position. wishing you all the luck you need..

+1 Good luck, Andy.
JOEPROPER
Good Luck! Do what you can to save your stuff and do everything you can to save yourself and loved ones!
Mikey914
Our crew wound up evacuating in the middle of the night. Good thing they did the hotel is gone. Apparently they jumped in the back a a pickup bound for SFO.

We have a plane still stuck on the ground.
MrKona
Ugh. What part of Santa Rosa? Crossing my fingers for you.
rick 918-S
Unless your insured to the hilt, call a rollback and drag that 6 on the pan the hell out of there.
EdwardBlume
Let me know if you need anything. Good luck!
tygaboy
Andy - I have a tow vehicle and access to a trailer. And a couple electric winches.
If you need ANYTHING, please don't hesitate to ask for help!
Chris
ConeDodger
I have indoor parking for one if you want to move the '75 from Sabastapol to Sonoma. We seem to be out of danger in Sonoma as of now...
Krieger
Chris, I may take you up. If the winds pick up later today. I may. Go out and put my suspension on
Mikey914
Forecast is not looking good maybe a good plan of action to get it out of there.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 11 2017, 08:00 AM) *

Chris, I may take you up. If the winds pick up later today. I may. Go out and put my suspension on

Move it. Move it. Move it.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Krieger @ Oct 11 2017, 08:00 AM) *

Chris and Andy-

If needed I have lots of long term indoor storage down here in OC and Temecula for your cars or anything else.

I can also meet you guys half way to bring a car back.

Let me know,

Oscar
Rav914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 11 2017, 06:09 AM) *

Our crew wound up evacuating in the middle of the night. Good thing they did the hotel is gone. Apparently they jumped in the back a a pickup bound for SFO.

We have a plane still stuck on the ground.

I was wondering if there was a close call with crews at the hotel. Wow.
mmichalik
best of luck to everyone up there. I hope everyone and everything stays safe.

Mike
jkb944t
Best of luck, my prayers are with you and everyone else that is in this horrible situation.

The pictures on the news were shocking how fast it was moving. Be careful!

Jeff B
SirAndy
I've got one spot in my driveway if someone needs to park their car somewhere safe for a while.
sad.gif
MartyYeoman
I'm offering my place in the east bay as a safe haven too. Please contact me if needed.
Larmo63
It's almost unbelievable what we've seen up there and down here in Orange County. I have a client who has a vast multi million dollar car collection in Anaheim Hills. He has a "Batcave" entrance that goes under his huge home. There are probably 50 cars there. An Enzo, Buggattis, F40, Carrera GT, real Cobras, real Speedsters, and on and on. They live right in the middle of this conflagration don't have real good access to get the cars out with a car carrier.

tygaboy
Krieger's /6 is safe and sound. I was able to make it up to his place, help get it assembled back to rolling and trailered to my place.
Another of his buddies showed up and we loaded the /6 engine into his truck.

And as of this time, no evac notice for his immediate area, though he's like 2 streets from locations that have been evacuated.

Very scary.
ConeDodger
I will be down in the area tomorrow to check on the smog shop and pick up some personal things from my office and room in San Rafael. (I quit and am now semi-retired)
If anyone needs help moving things out of garages or yards in the effected area, let me know. As I said previously, I have indoor storage for one car in the smog shop. It would have to roll as it would go out during the day and back in at night. But, for now anyway, it would be safe.
Chris, you're my hero! pray.gif
ValcoOscar
Chris-

first.gif first.gif first.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Oct 11 2017, 02:37 PM) *

Chris, you're my hero! pray.gif

Mine too! pray.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 11 2017, 04:27 PM) *

Krieger's /6 is safe and sound.

clap56.gif
Drums66
...praying for y'all!
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Oct 11 2017, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Oct 11 2017, 04:27 PM) *

Krieger's /6 is safe and sound.

clap56.gif

agree.gif
LowBridge
well done... what a fantastic community beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Coondog
Way to go guys..... beerchug.gif
tygaboy
Andy may not be getting texts so:
She's all tucked in, safe and sound at the Red Barn! cheer.gif
SO.O.C914er
I'm always so impressed with the people here at the wonderful world of 914 coming together to help someone out. I certainly have received good direction. Nice work guys agree.gif
StratPlayer
SAD
Mueller
I talked to my cousin a few hours ago, the live a few blocks away from Coffee Park neighborhood that lost 2000 homes. They have both trucks loaded and their 5th wheel ready to go. I know its a drive but our place is here for them if they need it.

Her husband and his brother got their hot rods and collectable cars moved to a safe space.

I was trying not to get too emotional on the phine with her...scary times.
Krieger
Hey Chris, why is my car on San Franciso Craigslist for $10,000? Jeez man I figured you'd ask more for it! Hahaha. Chris your awesome! I am still overwhelmed with you generosity and kindness. You were at my house within 30 minutes of me calling and then you spent your entire morning with me getting the suspension on, car trailed, engine buttoned up and loaded in another car. I felt that my car might be a loss. But the positive comments from you guys on this site and Chris's offer gave me the strength to make it happen. Thank you again Chris! I owe you one or two, maybe three. The fire is a faint glow, a little closer, but not much. Pray for no wind.
rick 918-S
Cool! If you need a favor Chris you can call me too. assimilate.gif I know the loss of Bryan's 914 and Scirocco pail in comparison to the loss of his house and all his families possessions, but I wish we could have helped him too. You guys take care.
pt_700
simply awesome, this place rocks!
ChrisFoley
I just read that the NWS canceled their wind advisory for the area today.
Perhaps a sign of improvement.
mepstein
I wish all you guys the best. Stay safe.
mbseto
Pictures I'm seeing on the news are unbelievable. Amazing to see the community here coming together. Stay safe, guys!
mgp4591
I moved from there several years ago and my friends say they're safe for now, still waiting to see which way the wind blows. The devastation there is unbelievable and a helping hand from those who can is always one less worry to deal with. Bravo! smilie_pokal.gif
'
914-300Hemi
What a great community. I feel honored to be part of it.
rhodyguy
the story of the couple that took shelter in their neighbors swimming pool for 6 hours was a harrowing tale.
Krieger
It's looking pretty good firewise in my neighborhood. I am not comfortable enough to unpack my cars though. The fire closest to me appears to be 99% out. I know this first hand since I got on my mountain bike and rode the two miles up to the zone by Lake Ilsanjo. I wore my paint respirator. The information we need is poor so that why I went up to verify myself. I have been using infrared satellite data, but I wanted eyes on it! Fire bombers have been up for the last 30 minutes headed. Sonoma/Kenwood way. So if we don't get another hellacious wind storm were going to make it. I think...
Drums66
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 14 2017, 11:00 AM) *

the story of the couple that took shelter in their neighbors swimming pool for 6 hours was a harrowing tale.

.....Certainly was!(what a will to survive)he-70/she-65
thumb3d.gif
Krieger
730 is back home safe and sound thanks to Chris! smilie_pokal.gif
And somehow I came home with more parts than I left with! I cannot begin to express how thankful I am for Chris's acts of kindness!
Justinp71

Glad to hear the fires are winding down, the firefighters are getting worn out and the damage needs to stop!
napasteve
Chris is da man.

We're back home tonight after 8 nights in concord. We're house camping: no PG&E but Honda 3500w generator works pretty well. 1500 gallons in the water tank is enough for more than a week. All female inmate crew working here. Pics coming in the sandbox. Both my German girlfriends are in need of a drive.
Krieger
Welcome back Steve!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.