Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pliers and screw driver names
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal44
Can you'all give me a heads up on the name (manufacturer) on the pliers, 10/13 open end wrench and screw driver for the tool kit 1974.

Thank you
raynekat
Are you talking about 914-6 or 914-4?

Big difference when talking about tools. wink.gif

There's a good website for 914-6....someone here will know it.
TheCabinetmaker
He said a 74, If I read it right.
cal44
Yep.......1974 four banger. I have reference material but the tool brands are not evident, hence my request.

Thanks
TJB/914
QUOTE(cal44 @ Nov 9 2017, 06:04 PM) *

Yep.......1974 four banger. I have reference material but the tool brands are not evident, hence my request.

Thanks

Here's one, they are getting hard to find & expensive.
Tom

bbrock
This should give you all the info you need about tool kits: http://www.p914.com/p914_tools.htm
raynekat
QUOTE(bbrock @ Nov 9 2017, 03:41 PM) *

This should give you all the info you need about tool kits: http://www.p914.com/p914_tools.htm

That's the website I was thinking of.

Looks the screwdriver is non descript.
cal44
Fellers........thank you so much for the intel and that website.

Appears the screw driver is non descript (nameless).

bbrock
QUOTE(cal44 @ Nov 10 2017, 06:03 AM) *

Fellers........thank you so much for the intel and that website.

Appears the screw driver is non descript (nameless).

So non descript that when I found one rattling around in the trunk of one of the cars I owned decades ago, I threw it away thinking it was just some cheap Wal-mart crap tool. headbang.gif
cary
Hazet
TJB/914
QUOTE(cary @ Nov 10 2017, 11:24 PM) *

Hazet

Cal44 & 914er's

I found some misc tool kit parts (screwdrivers-wrenches-spark plug tools) & will post sometime next week after I take photo's.

BTW: This stuff is getting expensive and rare to find. I know complete 914-6 tool kits are in the $2k+ to $3k+ area and complete 914-4's are in the $500++ area if you can find them. w00t.gif

It only gets more expensive over time for these factory tool kits that got thrown away by everyone. popcorn[1].gif

Tom

Larmo63
The VW sourced /4 "tool kit" is basic crap. The only part worth anything is the tow eye.
maf914
What is the function of the U-shaped bent wire tool with hooked ends located next to the tow-eye in the above photo? idea.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(maf914 @ Nov 14 2017, 08:17 AM) *

What is the function of the U-shaped bent wire tool with hooked ends located next to the tow-eye in the above photo? idea.gif

Early hub cap puller. There are two holes in the edge of the hub cap to use with that tool. The puller look longer than most I have seen.
maf914
Thanks, bdstone.
bretth
My 75 didn't have any tools with it but my leftover tools from my 68 camper sure look a lot like the 914 tools. I have go dig them out.
Mike Fitton
These tools were also in the VW tool kits and there are plenty available check EBay and the Samba. If described as a Porsche tool $$$ as a VW tool each tool is under $20ea.
mbseto
That bar goes with the jack also, doesn't it? The jack and the bar is all I have of the kit...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.