Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB from 914Rubber.com A- Arm bushings CLOSING 12/23
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
As many of you may be aware there has been a "Cheap" option, that lets say brand "E" has done a video on notating that they are smaller than factory and change the pre-load on the arm.

Brand "U" lets call them has an install video saying that they have recreated the factory part with the same "type and amount of rubber being used"
Technically not true because as shown in the video by brand E the durometer is definitely not the same from the deflection noted.

With all the BS aside we have made a part like the factory bushing and a special tool to help install these. One of the problems with installation of this part is the end that brand E glosses over. When you get to the part where the tube holds that end from sliding down the shaft you have a "sharp edge" from the metal the rubber can catch on. If it catches you will scar the inside rubber. This will make a second attempt more difficult.

We have made the delrin "tools" to allow you to use a 1/2" stainless rod with some nuts and large washers to install. There is a taper to allow the rubber to clear the edge of the A arm without catching it.

I had Cary do up one for me and fully document this so that you will have some instruction as how to do this. We are currently compiling and putting this together now.
Mikey914
To be clear the delrin parts are the only "tools" we are providing. We figured that most of you have an Ace Hardware or Home Depot nearby and can acquire these for less than we can ship them for.
BeatNavy
Yup, I'll need one set of these with the tool.

It would have been two but I already bought a set of "brand E" about 8 weeks ago. From the looks of it, this is a great value, and I could have saved a decent chunk of money. Oh well.
Mikey914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Nov 30 2017, 10:00 AM) *

It would have been two but I already bought a set of "brand E" about 8 weeks ago. From the looks of it, this is a great value, and I could have saved a decent chunk of money. Oh well.

What is their return policy? I'd pay you postage biggrin.gif
GregAmy
Perfect timing. I'm in.

Also will go along with other winter projects, including the door/seal rebuilds kits (with all options), and how are you coming on the targa/top seals?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 30 2017, 01:04 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Nov 30 2017, 10:00 AM) *

What is their return policy? I'd pay you postage biggrin.gif

They probably wouldn't be thrilled that I've done a "partial install" (bushings are in the collars, but not on the arms). Otherwise I'd take you up on it biggrin.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 30 2017, 10:10 AM) *

Perfect timing. I'm in.

Also will go along with other winter projects, including the door/seal rebuilds kits (with all options), and how are you coming on the targa/top seals?

we are finishing up the tools on the lathe now. Will be able to start shipping in a few days (tools)

Also doing a set of GBs aimed at suspension so we will be able to combine to the extent possible. There is one more I need to list but need to run a few errands 1st.
MikeM
Fantastic price!!
Sadly, I also installed brand"E" last spring.
mepstein
I’ve been waiting on these. Thank you.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 30 2017, 12:54 PM) *

To be clear the delrin parts are the only "tools" we are providing. We figured that most of you have an Ace Hardware or Home Depot nearby and can acquire these for less than we can ship them for.

agree.gif I just recently bought some threaded rod, nuts and washers to install some motorcycle headset cups and it was less than $10.
mb911
I am in but you knew that.
bbrock
I've also been waiting, so I'm in.
Mikey914
We've also marked our product so you will not get imposters
Chris914n6
These also fit the 911 arms right?

Are rear trailing arm bushings in the works?
CMONNETT
I'd be interested in one maybe two sets.

Thanks,
amfab
K i'm in
rmdinmd
in for a set. thx
JamesM
Id love to see a video to see how much of a PITA this is, but im in, with tools. two of my cars are on 45 year old rubber and the 3rd is on $500 worth of RSR parts so this seems like its worth a shot.
dlee6204
I'm in
bigkensteele
An early set of the bushings somehow landed in my mailbox, and the quality is first-rate. Compared to the poly bushings I was about to use, they are a no-brainer.

I still need to get my A-arms powder coated, but as soon as that is done, these are going on!
IronHillRestorations
Are these available now on the 914rubber site?
iankarr
QUOTE(JamesM @ Nov 30 2017, 05:59 PM) *

Id love to see a video to see how much of a PITA this is, but im in, with tools. two of my cars are on 45 year old rubber and the 3rd is on $500 worth of RSR parts so this seems like its worth a shot.

I'll be making a video of my install. Coming soon....
yellowporky
i would like a set with the tool please.
And what about trailing arm bushings?????
pete000
I am still masking payments on the brand E I installed last year!
djway
All In smile.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Chris Scott @ Nov 30 2017, 07:42 PM) *

i would like a set with the tool please.
And what about trailing arm bushings?????

Up in the other thread. Yes we can combine.

Blake is working on getting these listed up. Should be ready tomorrow.
mark
theer
I need these and the strut-top pieces.
Shadowfax
In for one set with tools. Thanks, Mark!
Mike D.
I'm in for 2 sets and the tool!

(now get to work making the rears wink.gif )
Mikey914
PMs sent to all
restore2seater
I'm in for a set.
moorepower
I will take a set with the tool.
ottox914
In for a set plus tool.
Mikey914
Codes sent to all so far
MasterCylinder
I would like a set with the tool.
914Sixer
Set with tools.
mgphoto
I'm in for a set and the tool.
Thanks, Mike
Camaro Mike
I'm in for a set and the tool.
Mikey914
PMs sent ot all
914Sixer
Ordered bushings and strut bearings yesterday.
914four
In for a set with the tools.

Kelvin
jesse7flying
I'm in for a set with tools as well.
Jesse
Mikey914
Sorry guys, I messed up. We only sent out 2 pcs (should have been 4) for the bushings. We are correcting that today,

I appreciate your patience, I didn't oversee this myself, or provide Scott with the full details.

You all should have the 2nd half in a few days as I just finished packing these up.

Sorry,
and thanks again,
Mark
Chris914n6
Since most of us will be doing only 1 car, maybe the tools should be on a rental program?
Mikey914
For what it costs to ship back and forth, and keep track, thought it best to get these out there. I'm sure they could easily be loaned back and forth.
It looks like we shipped out over 20 tools.
Also theres a little tool hoe in all of us. biggrin.gif
Mark
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 15 2017, 12:13 PM) *

Sorry guys, I messed up. We only sent out 2 pcs (should have been 4) for the bushings. We are correcting that today,

I appreciate your patience, I didn't oversee this myself, or provide Scott with the full details.

You all should have the 2nd half in a few days as I just finished packing these up.

Sorry,
and thanks again,
Mark

Good to know, I only got 2 bushings...so I'll be excited to see the other pair soon-ish.

Now if only my car was ready for me to install them biggrin.gif
BTW the parts look great packaged up (front bushings and tools, rear tubes and bushings and strut tops)...got mb911's muffler today too....hopefully this time next year I'll have a running car with all these goodies attached.
rudedude
I know i'm a tool hoe and at least i got a full set for one of the cars.
euro911
I haven't seen the 911/912 question answered yet, Mr. Rubber poke.gif

Oh, I'm in, but there have been so many threads regarding this offering that my interest in obtaining said product(s) may have been overlooked, so, in essence, I didn't receive a message with the 'secret code' (yet) cool_shades.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Nov 30 2017, 02:06 PM) *

These also fit the 911 arms right?

Are rear trailing arm bushings in the works?

These do fit the 911 arms that the 914 part cross references. I believe 69-89.

The trailing arm bushings are also done and in another thread. We will be wrapping these all up this week.
Mark
Shadowfax
Got my extra bushings yesterday. That was quick! Thanks again for the awesome parts and service, Mark. beerchug.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.