Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picture Posting Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Just downloaded Dropbox onto iPhone and Laptop. I want to create a link to pictures of a car-for-sale that viewers can click on and view the pics that are hosted on dropbox. Haven't been able to create that link yet and wondering whether dropbox allows this

Anyone have experience doing this ?
theer
Jim, I have used Dropbox at work to share files, etc. I've also used it to provide a place for a seller to send a large number of pictures which would otherwise be too big for email. For this to work, you'd need to set them up with "edit" access, so they can post the pics.

Once you set up the folder, you can share either specifically (restricted to only the people you invite using their email) or more generally. For general, unrestricted sharing, you just create a link in Dropbox, then copy the link into the ad or wherever else you want to provide access. You can set up a link to expire after a fixed amount of time or just delete the folder when you are done.

Hope that helps.
Tom
Andyrew
For a PC I typically put a file I want to share in a folder, right click on the folder and click "Copy dropbox link" This will create a link only to this folder (or file)

For example
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nz8x1djkvpqt5qt/...7_mFt_on0a?dl=0
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 15 2017, 08:51 AM) *

For a PC I typically put a file I want to share in a folder, right click on the folder and click "Copy dropbox link" This will create a link only to this folder (or file)

For example
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nz8x1djkvpqt5qt/...7_mFt_on0a?dl=0

That’s exactly what I needed; thanks for the tip
whitetwinturbo
Dropbox as a "Public" file option which allows you to set edit and other parameters. I use it for a variety of real estate matters and permission to post pictures FROM other can be set easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.