Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just moved to Austin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Txbentleyboy
Just moved to Austin, Cedar Park to be exact. Who all is up here? Coming from Houston and looking for some new people to meet up with.

Mike

76-914
QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Dec 27 2017, 04:47 PM) *

Just moved to Austin, Cedar Park to be exact. Who all is up here? Coming from Houston and looking for some new people to meet up with.

Mike

I’m here but just visiting. Blustery Wx yesterday. My wife said that she didn’t know 40F could feel so cold. There are 4-5 members that live here. beerchug.gif
Txbentleyboy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 27 2017, 07:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Txbentleyboy @ Dec 27 2017, 04:47 PM) *

Mike

I’m here but just visiting. Blustery Wx yesterday. My wife said that she didn’t know 40F could feel so cold. There are 4-5 members that live here. beerchug.gif

Snowed, well dusted, here a couple of weeks ago. Closed the schools for a day. Pretty sure a snow shovel is a curiosity in this part of Texas
IronHillRestorations
I think Alan Barrileaux (barrel o ) is in the area. Are you on the 914 Facebook group too?
76-914
JP Novak is in Austin. Bob something or other too.
ConeDodger
Betty and Clay Perrine are just South of there I think... 2 914’s, one household...
aharder
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Dec 29 2017, 09:28 AM) *

Betty and Clay Perrine are just South of there I think... 2 914’s, one household...

Clay and Betty are in between Dallas and Ft Worth.
mark04usa
Welcome to Austin, Mike. There are several of us World members here. I'm in South Austin. Would be great to get together beerchug.gif

Is your '76 running driving.gif , or project in progress sawzall-smiley.gif ?

Maltese Falcon
Good local independent shop; Targa Porsche Workshop, 8833 N. Lamar Bl.
TX914
Hi Mike, Welcome to Austin. I'm in NW Austin not far from Cedar Park. Shoot me a message sometime if you want to hook up.
RoseDerby
smile.gif Welcome to Austin! I'm here but my 914 is still stored in San Antonio. It's a work in progress to get it back on the road.
Bob L.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 28 2017, 10:51 PM) *

JP Novak is in Austin. Bob something or other too.

Bob something or other here.

Hi.
Morrie
Hey Mike,

I am in Cedar Park too. I have my driver and two project cars I am working on with a friend. We should get together if it ever warms up.
morrie(underscore)larson(at)hotmail(dot)com

Txbentleyboy
QUOTE(mark04usa @ Dec 29 2017, 07:15 PM) *

Welcome to Austin, Mike. There are several of us World members here. I'm in South Austin. Would be great to get together beerchug.gif

Is your '76 running driving.gif , or project in progress sawzall-smiley.gif ?

It runs but is in need of a tune up I believe. Doesn't like breaking past 4200 rpm.
Bought her a little over a year ago and am now getting to play with it. Can't wait for some spring driving!
Txbentleyboy
QUOTE(Morrie @ Jan 2 2018, 05:25 PM) *

Hey Mike,

I am in Cedar Park too. I have my driver and two project cars I am working on with a friend. We should get together if it ever warms up.
morrie(underscore)larson(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sounds good to me!Click to view attachment
TX914
Any of you Cedar Park / Austin folks want to meet up this weekend to chat about 914s? I suggest Sat or Sun afternoon in Lakeline area –
Don’t really have to bring the 914 unless you want (mines awaiting inspection), just meet and greet and talk 914. smile.gif I'm open to other times as well.

Alan B
Morrie
QUOTE(TX914 @ Jan 12 2018, 07:41 AM) *

Any of you Cedar Park / Austin folks want to meet up this weekend to chat about 914s? I suggest Sat or Sun afternoon in Lakeline area –
Don’t really have to bring the 914 unless you want (mines awaiting inspection), just meet and greet and talk 914. smile.gif I'm open to other times as well.

Alan B

Hi, Alan,

I could probably do mid to late afternoon on either Saturday or Sunday, Sunday preferred. We could meet at Starbucks at the corner of Lakeline and Cypress Creek in Cedar Park, just throwing it out there.
mark04usa
I'm in...Sat or Sun afternoon OK by me beerchug.gif
TX914
How about Serrano’s in Lakeline mall area at 3:00 pm. They have a nice bar area and you can get nachos if you’re hungry. smile.gif The address is 11100 Pecan Park Blvd, Cedar Park. I’m just throwing the time out there – just say if another time is better.
Txbentleyboy
Sunday afternoon works best for me. Anywhere fine for me.
Morrie
QUOTE(TX914 @ Jan 12 2018, 06:31 PM) *

How about Serrano’s in Lakeline mall area at 3:00 pm. They have a nice bar area and you can get nachos if you’re hungry. smile.gif The address is 11100 Pecan Park Blvd, Cedar Park. I’m just throwing the time out there – just say if another time is better.

So Sunday at 3pm at Serrano’s?

Ok for everyone?
TX914
Sounds good! See you there. I had hoped meeting a bit closer to 183 might entice some other Austin folks to show... e.g. Bob something or other? smile.gif
Bob L.
QUOTE(TX914 @ Jan 13 2018, 09:50 AM) *

Sounds good! See you there. I had hoped meeting a bit closer to 183 might entice some other Austin folks to show... e.g. Bob something or other? smile.gif

idea.gif

I think I can make that.
Txbentleyboy
I'll be there!
bandjoey
Sometime a Waco meetup with the DFW people. That's about half way.
Aircooledfool
I'm in Belton, just north of Austin. Current project is bumblebee LE. Looking for a roller to build a suby conversion.
aharder
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 13 2018, 02:42 PM) *

agree.gif

TX914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jan 13 2018, 02:42 PM) *

That would be fun. Maybe a mini event in the spring.
stinkindiesel
Missed this thread the first time around.

I'm in Georgetown, just north of Austin.

Gary
PittsM12
I'm in Austin. GT-6 clone. Put the motor back in last weekend. I cannot make this weekend, but let me know about a Spring meet in Waco.
Morrie
Porsche Hill Country Rallye 2018 would be a great option too. In the interests of full disclosure, please note I am one of the volunteer event planners for the HCR. If you are interested, and not already on our mailing list, please send a message to info@hillcountryrallye.org and I will get you on the mailing list. This year I will be bringing my 76 914 and would love to see more 914s join us.

Event Website:
www.hillcountryrallye.org

General Information:
  • The 2018 Hill Country Rallye will take place Thursday, March 22 through Sunday, March 25, 2018.
  • This is a 3-day, annual gathering focused on early air-cooled Porsche vehicles from 1949-1989
  • The YO Ranch Hotel and Conference Center in Kerrville, TX will once again be our "home base" for the weekends events
  • The weekend will include drives on some of the best roads in Texas, a banquet, and informal car show
  • As usual there will be plenty of time to catch up with old friends and get to know new friends

stevend914
[quote name='Morrie' date='Jan 19 2018, 12:52 PM' post='2569787']
Porsche Hill Country Rallye 2018 would be a great option too. In the interests of full disclosure, please note I am one of the volunteer event planners for the HCR. If you are interested, and not already on our mailing list, please send a message to info@hillcountryrallye.org and I will get you on the mailing list. This year I will be bringing my 76 914 and would love to see more 914s join us.

agree.gif

There were three of us last year: myself, Jason in his Bumblebee, and one from Mexico

Morrie
QUOTE(stevend914 @ Jan 19 2018, 03:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Morrie @ Jan 19 2018, 12:52 PM) *

agree.gif

There were three of us last year: myself, Jason in his Bumblebee, and one from Mexico

Last year I was still finalizing the purchase of the 914, had just barely closed the sale of the 911, and had promised one of my best friends and his wife they could drive the 912, so I went as a passenger last year for the first time. I rode shotgun in my own 912 on Friday, and was navigator with my friend John in his 930 for one of the drive groups on Saturday. It was big fun but looking forward to taking the 914 this year and putting it through its paces.

Registration will open Thursday, February 1st at 7 pm Central time. Anyone who wants to get details or notifications and did not get a message today from me at info@hillcountryrallye.org just now should send a request to that email address to be added and I will forward on the details.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.