Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT group buy oil lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
mb911
So thanks to Glenn I was able to have his factory GT lines scanned and there is a company in California making them for me.. We are still hashing out materials as they feel the current Brass on the market is not good quality.. Looking like stainless then yellow zinc plated will be what we go with. We are having 50 sets made and 4 sets spoken for already..

They will be bending next week and start shipping the following.

Price needs to be finalized based off of the material we end with but will be less then 650 a set and probably less then that.

So how many would be interested?
Cairo94507
That's a terrific price for this item. I am sure a lot of people will jump on this as a perfect solution for running front oil coolers.
mb911
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 29 2017, 12:21 PM) *

That's a terrific price for this item. I am sure a lot of people will jump on this as a perfect solution for running front oil coolers.

Thanks .. I am excited that there will be an option.
JOEPROPER
I am interested so please count me in for 1.
Retroracer
Just to clarify: Will these be made with metric or AN terminations?

- Tony

mb911
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Dec 29 2017, 02:00 PM) *

Just to clarify: Will these be made with metric or AN terminations?

- Tony

Metric as factory.
porbmw
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 29 2017, 12:12 PM) *

So thanks to Glenn I was able to have his factory GT lines scanned and there is a company in California making them for me.. We are still hashing out materials as they feel the current Brass on the market is not good quality.. Looking like stainless then yellow zinc plated will be what we go with. We are having 50 sets made and 4 sets spoken for already..

Price needs to be finalized based off of the material we end with but will be less then 650 a set and probably less then that.

I am interested...although would have preferred brass.
Can you tell me what "the set" consists of.
And thanks
Paul
mepstein
I’ll do a set.
davehg
Count me in for one set
mb911
QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 29 2017, 02:57 PM) *

And thanks
Paul

The 2 hardlines that fits up along the longs..

Like this picture I used from mcmark..Click to view attachment
mb911

And thanks
Paul

Paul after speaking with them I felt to much liability with going brass.. I couldn't deal with a potential engine failure based off of a brass quality issue.
wes
I’m definitely in for one set as I mentioned in the other post. Thanks much!
mb911
QUOTE(wes @ Dec 29 2017, 07:54 PM) *

I’m definitely in for one set as I mentioned in the other post. Thanks much!

Sounds good.
Steve
I’m also interested. Can they be shipped directly from California to save on shipping or if the company is based in so cal, local pickup?
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 31 2017, 08:40 AM) *

I’m also interested. Can they be shipped directly from California to save on shipping or if the company is based in so cal, local pickup?

The 1st shipments will be drop shipped from the supplier to save time..

wes
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 31 2017, 08:40 AM) *

Was thinking that as well!
Beach914
I'm in for a set.
eric914
count me in for a set.

thanks for making this happen.
mb911
Sounds good everyone..

Those is cali will be drop shipped but pretty sure my supplier doesn't want people stopping by picking parts up..
Steve
Shipping within California is fine. Just curious what are options are, since it will be a long oversized box.
mb911
QUOTE(Steve @ Dec 31 2017, 02:00 PM) *

Shipping within California is fine. Just curious what are options are, since it will be a long oversized box.

Interestingly it cost me 95 to ship the originals to them and I made a wood crate.. This was through ups

We are talking about boxes with foam supports throughout the box..
buck toenges
Can we use them with the kit from Patrick motor sport? With there thermostat and setrab oil cooler or is it easier with there braided oil lines then what you guys are making?

Thanks
Buck
porbmw
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 29 2017, 03:58 PM) *

And thanks
Paul

Paul after speaking with them I felt to much liability with going brass.. I couldn't deal with a potential engine failure based off of a brass quality issue.

Sorry
Too much egg nog...
Had been thinking of the oil lines in the engine compartment, with fittings, etc beerchug.gif
SixerJ
I'm in! beer.gif
mb911
QUOTE(buck toenges @ Dec 31 2017, 03:23 PM) *

Can we use them with the kit from Patrick motor sport? With there thermostat and setrab oil cooler or is it easier with there braided oil lines then what you guys are making?

Thanks
Buck

To my knowledge no company makes anything that replicates the factory GT setup.. All the kits I am aware of are just their own version.. Mine are to replicate factory in fit and function.

The front Patrick cooler setup would be a good match but the connections would be different.. I will be making a turn key setup as the next step.
mb911
QUOTE(porbmw @ Dec 31 2017, 04:05 PM) *

And thanks
Paul

Sorry
Too much egg nog...
Had been thinking of the oil lines in the engine compartment, with fittings, etc beerchug.gif

I have all of the regular -6 oil lines already. Not the GT engine bay lines just yet.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 1 2018, 06:54 AM) *

And thanks
Paul

Sorry
Too much egg nog...

I have all of the regular -6 oil lines already. Not the GT engine bay lines just yet.

Ben - since you are doing the GT lines, will you also do the GT console and pressure relief valve. They are hard to track down and rather pricey.

Pic stolen from this thread - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...oil-system.html
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 1 2018, 06:20 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 1 2018, 06:54 AM) *

And thanks
Paul

Sorry
Too much egg nog...

Ben - since you are doing the GT lines, will you also do the GT console and pressure relief valve. They are hard to track down and rather pricey.

Pic stolen from this thread - http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...oil-system.html

I may but again would need samples to get castings made etc..

For my car I will do a hybrid so to speak with adaptation of a 911 t stat.. Its hard to say at this point how much interest beyond the hard GT lines there will be.????
gms
biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Mine are on my 914 biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 1 2018, 01:20 PM) *

Glenn - if you get a chance to describe how the system works, I would appreciate it.
davehg
If it hasn’t been said already, thanks for this Ben. Between the oil tanks, heat exchangers, and engine tins, plus the exhaust, you have been key to my conversion project!
sixnotfour
its complicated..
http://stazak.com/914/gt/oil/oil.html
Norskpole
I'm in for a set
gms
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 1 2018, 12:56 PM) *

Just need my engine block and I can finish my GT poke.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 2 2018, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 1 2018, 12:56 PM) *

Just need my engine block and I can finish my GT poke.gif

slap.gif
mb911
I still wonder why the oil system was plumbed that way vs the conventional 911 setup?

Glenn any thoughts?
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 2 2018, 07:11 PM) *

I still wonder why the oil system was plumbed that way vs the conventional 911 setup?

Glenn any thoughts?

I sold a similar/same setup from a 911 “69S. Sold for $2k. I believe Porsche used it on a lot of there race cars.
sixnotfour
911R is the same and 3.0 RSR
early versions had a adjustable pressure relief later did not....
mb911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jan 2 2018, 06:12 PM) *

911R is the same and 3.0 RSR
early versions had a adjustable pressure relief later did not....

I did know that but always wondered what the reasoning was.
mb911
Oil lines have been bent now for the ends.. As soon as ready for shipping we will take care of payment.
SixerJ
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 1 2018, 06:57 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Jan 1 2018, 01:20 PM) *

Glenn - if you get a chance to describe how the system works, I would appreciate it.

Pipe lengths / dimension too?

With Ben's hard lines and all the rest of the parts I've been collecting over 5odd years, I've nearly most the whole system together, including a rake load of good used alloy fittings to build as many of the flexibles as I can to match factory originals. That said I'm still missing some fittings. Decent straights and the smaller 45 / 90 degree are really hard to find

Waiting to see if Ben is going to make up the T pipe as well popcorn[1].gif

Thanks to Ben and Glenn for making this happen beer.gif
mb911
I talked to the suppiler yesterday still working on them.. Sounds like next week. Already have a plan for the front oil cooler kit.
wes
popcorn[1].gif The kit sounds great!
Tdskip
I will take a set please.
mb911
Researching the front GT cooler setups.. Anyone have some good pictures of how the factory did it? I have a pretty good understanding of it but looking for some good pictures to get orientation for the front cooler kit.
Steve
http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/the9146gt_fron..._cooler_install is the best. This is the site I used to figure out how to install my setup.
Martin Baker
Looking to buy two of these cooler kits, front to back, like we spoke about on the phone. Will you be making the kit for use with all the 911S parts, or another method. I hoped to use a far less expensive thermostat option if possible, thanks.
mb911
Just got word oil lines will be done this week.. Will start on the oil cooler setups next..
wes
popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.