Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Walbro Fuel Pump Location - Subaru Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Costa05
Wanting to locate my Walbro high pressure fuel pump in engine compartment for service reasons (low on firewall). Vendor suggests 6" from fuel tank for best performance. Anyone have experience with engine compartment location on similar conversion? Bad idea? Thanks in advance.
Rich
76-914
See post #765 on the last page http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...1776&st=760
914forme
Under the tank, I normally mount mine under on the front suspension cross bar, under the rack and pinion. On the steel stuff, I just weld a few nuts on and build a mount for the pump, you can use isolators mounts to keep the buzzing down.

I am wondering why not in the tank. Here is what I did with part numbers etc....
Costa05
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 12 2018, 05:20 PM) *

Your frunk setup could be a good option for me. Lot of stuff going on up there but the pump is pretty small. Filter is right there too.
Good suggestion. Anyone else try engine compartment yet with results?
tazz9924
Mine is in the engine bay, no problems to report.
Chris914n6
You should be fine at the stock location, as the Subie won't be blowing hot air everywhere. At least until the 40 year old plastic fuel lines in the center tunnel get replaced.
tazz9924
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 12 2018, 07:14 PM) *

You should be fine at the stock location, as the Subie won't be blowing hot air everywhere. At least until the 40 year old plastic fuel lines in the center tunnel get replaced.

Agreed, please replace those plastic fuel lines
Costa05
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Jan 13 2018, 12:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jan 12 2018, 07:14 PM) *

Agreed, please replace those plastic fuel lines

Yep got the old plastic ones out already. Thinking I might try the engine bay location for the pump. Stubborn at following rules.
Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.