Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pricing "modifications"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
sixaddict
I may be out of order on this post but it has to do with selling and buying and that's what this forum is about .....kind of.
Lately, when responding to "for sale" items and whether it's, with or without shipping noted in the price, I get " they are yours + paypal fees of 3, or even 4%.
Since most transactions are PP, to not have that designated in the posted price I feels like I am getting sheeplove.gif poke.gif
First, isn't it understood if you want fees either state it or add in your price.

Second, could someone clarify is it 3% or 4% .
Would like some feedback.

If this post is out of line, LMK and I will edit so we don't hurt anyone's feelings.
TOT confused24.gif
mepstein
I agree. Full disclosure is best. Personally, the 3 or 4% for paypal isn't an issue for me. Even when I sell a $4,000 item, I just look at it as the cost of doing business. Its funny though, many of the earlySreg guys collect that %.

My PP business account is 3%, personal might be 4, I don't really know.
Larmo63
I must be the trusting sort because when use PayPal, I usually (here) send everything Friends and Family. I assume, since most of us here know who we're dealing with, we expect F & F.
rhodyguy
Flirting with fraud.
sixaddict
I figure F + F is only for someone I really really know.......
And how many times have you heard "he always did fine" and all of a sudden screws up a deal. I don't have an issue paying it as long as it is clearly stated in the post. If not it's like a store saying ---Oh a credit card ....we have to bang you for more $$ !

Thanks tells me it is a WTF.gif

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 20 2018, 07:07 AM) *

I must be the trusting sort because when use PayPal, I usually (here) send everything Friends and Family. I assume, since most of us here know who we're dealing with, we expect F & F.

914Sixer
Everything I sell has ONE price. When I post the price I have done my homework and that is what I need. The problem I have with Friends and Family is you do not get shipping information and the ability to use the Paypal shipping. I factor Paypal shipping in those cost to keep shipping as low as possible.
Mueller
I figure PP fees into my price, very rarely do I get a check or cash.

It would be better to just figure in the fee, offer discount for cash or just suck it up.

mihai914
I agree with all above.

How about a poll to modify the posting rules to be upfront about any transaction fees?

Or just do it...
bdstone914
Like Mark said, just put out a total price with shipping.

I think the current PP fee is 3.75%

Sending F & F Paypal is a pain for the seller.
You do not get:
discounted USPS shipping
their address in the Paypal message
the shipping transaction and tracking details are stored elsewhere,
and the buyer does not automatically get a notification of the shipping transaction.

I am going to start refusing F & F as it is not easier for the seller and leaves the buyer unprotected. And it is fraud. When you sent is F & F and add a note "like thanks for the parts" you are documenting how you are cheating PP and can be shut down by PP.

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 20 2018, 10:22 AM) *

You do not get:
discounted USPS shipping
and the buyer does not automatically get a notification of the shipping transaction.

I am going to start refusing F & F as it is not easier for the seller and leaves the buyer unprotected. And it is fraud. When you sent is F & F and add a note "like thanks for the parts" you are documenting how you are cheating PP and can be shut down by PP.

agree.gif While I appreciate the thought of F&F when paying for an item, I too would rather you didn't unless I ask you to.

To me the fees are cost of doing business.
mb911
I struggle with this myself as for example a set of my heat exchangers sell to 914world members for 1950(for the next couple months then a price increase is coming). So talking about allot of money lost on the transaction. I give people 2 options and sometimes they choose 3 on there own. I prefer check, then paypal with 3% and sometimes they just do f+f on their own.. I just don't make enough on the heat exchangers to lose that 3-4%.. Trying to keep it affordable and to make it worth while for me..

Lucky9146
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jan 20 2018, 08:22 AM) *

You do not get:
discounted USPS shipping

Thanks Brad!
I truly did not know this, so shame on me.
This would explain why I did not get my calendar from Steve! It is all on me. I owe him an apology because I'm thinking F&F is better for the seller. And I just got schooled it is NOT!
Steve
Duh.. I also forgot about that. No wonder there was no address. Some sellers like the friends & family to save the 3%, but it is wrong. I would rather add the 3% to the sale price and be legit.
914forme
Paypal Fee calculator it is very good, and I use it to send money to people like Garold, or Mark so they get the best price they can, and I pay for the protection I want. It also allowed them to have my shipping address and contact information, just incase I was a flake and did not send it. Which Friends and Family does not. There is also a rumor that using FF actually costs more. Have not done an actual comparison.
90quattrocoupe
I have been using PayPal for 20 years, since they first started. Ebay used to have their own pay system, which I used for a short time before Paypal came along.

If someone wants me to send funds F&F, I add the fees to the cost and send it. I like the idea of being able to get my funds back.

I never ever do a bank transfer. Got burned once with one to Germany. Fortunately, my brother was Lt. in the local sheriff's dept. He filed a fraud complaint in the National Database on the guy. 4 years later he received a notice that the individual was denied entry into the states. Gave me a little satisfaction.

These days I also use a Virtual credit card. I like it because, I can set a $ amount and the expiration is the next month. Single use CC number and CVC number.

Greg W.

rmdinmd
When I send a paypal payment I know how much I am sending. Most of the times the seller lets you know in the FS post if shipping is included or not and some tell you + paypal fees. I have always PM'ed the seller and the amount I send is what we have agreed on.
Vendors tend to give a single price as they know what shipping costs are; Those who are selling "extra" parts and don't ship often may not be aware of the cost of shipping something. I know a few years ago I sold something "shipped" and was surprised at how much shipping was blink.gif . so I have no problem with a + shipping price, I figure if the shipping is too much I can just say "never mind".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.