Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
I know it's been said before but, I want to say it again. Mark and Scott, and the rest of the crew at 914rubber.com, are stand up guys.

There customer service and customer appreciation is very high.

Thanks for everything you guys have helped me with so far.

Mike
Coondog
agree.gif beerchug.gif agree.gif beerchug.gif
RickS
Here, here! Or, there, there!
green914
agree.gif they are awesome!
Mikey914
Thanks, we do try.

I'll pass this on to Scott as he's not in the forums. He's really my right hand man.

It's always nice to be appreciated.

Thank you.
carking1996
Can vouch. The support given to the community really can't be topped.
nditiz1
Yep! Placed an order today as I was trying to figure out why my alt was not going all the way up to get the belt on/off cleanly. Ended up ripping the boot trying to take it off, it needed replacement anyway. This was going to slow my rebuild, but these guys shipped one out today so I should get it Wednesday.
Mueller
Was not expecting the coupon for signing up for the WCR, just put it to good use

thanks 914rubber

Big Len
I purchased 2 black rubber targa hold downs last year and out of the blue 5 months later, they sent me two more free with a note saying these are the improved versions. Who else does this?........nobody.
horizontally-opposed
Gonna go ahead and third or tenth that. Just got a package from 914rubber with two Euro foglight lenses. Shipped quickly, packed well, arrived safely.

Nicely done! beerchug.gif

pete
StarBear
Mucho ditto to all the above. I think I was one of the first customers, back with a complete weather stripping and front/rear hood seals. Awesome folks, with great products (fit EVERY time) and wonderful service. Just one suggestion: make the lower oil cap gasket (022-115-315; really big rubber washer thing) - can't find new ones anywhere!
Mikey914
Tell me more. I probably can.
bdstone914
This one inside the cap?
bdstone914
THe rusty one is an original VW Beetle cap. The shiny one a VW repro. They are still available. Not tried it on a tank but have heard that some have too stiff a spring that causes the flat gasket to get torn up. will try the fit on a tank and reports back.
Mikey914
Already made them in rubber. The paper tears when you try to install. I can do in the "correct" material if you wish, but they are not easy to install.

https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Early-gas-ca...m?categoryId=-1

Mikey914
Also re plated some caps
RoadGlue
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jun 12 2018, 12:15 PM) *

Just one suggestion: make the lower oil cap gasket (022-115-315; really big rubber washer thing) - can't find new ones anywhere!

He said the lower oil cap gasket.

I think he means the one where the oil screen cover sits on the bottom of the motor... maybe... StarBear? Is that an o-ring?
RoadGlue
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jun 12 2018, 03:44 PM) *

Just one suggestion: make the lower oil cap gasket (022-115-315; really big rubber washer thing) - can't find new ones anywhere!

I think he means the one where the oil screen cover sits on the bottom of the motor... maybe... StarBear? Is that an o-ring?

Oh wait, not an o-ring. I have no idea.

Stole the photo from another post -
Click to view attachment
Tbrown4x4
The oil FILLER cap gasket? The famous "710" cap.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 12 2018, 03:13 PM) *

Already made them in rubber. The paper tears when you try to install. I can do in the "correct" material if you wish, but they are not easy to install.

https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Early-gas-ca...m?categoryId=-1

I think the OP means the rubber cup shaped part down below the metal parts.
To get them out you need to uncurl one of the three crimps that hold the cap together.
If you are that far you might as well get anew cap.
They are the same as a VW Beettle cap.
They may not be good quality. will try the one I have to see how if fits.
75914-L20C
It is the lower gasket for the L-Jet oil cap. This thread has a picture. No idea if Terry still has these available or not. It would be great if 914Rubber could make both the upper and lower gaskets.
bdstone914
Original VW cap taken apart
bdstone914
Rubber cup taken off. This one too is cracked and need replacement
bdstone914
Close up of cup
jcd914
QUOTE(75914-L20C @ Jun 12 2018, 05:50 PM) *

It is the lower gasket for the L-Jet oil cap. This thread has a picture. No idea if Terry still has these available or not. It would be great if 914Rubber could make both the upper and lower gaskets.

Pictures of the oil cap seal from the thread linked above:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Jim
Mikey914
Simple enough. Can you identify the material? Seems to be a fluoropolymer, but they were not is use in that time period. Would make a better seal.
StarBear
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Jun 12 2018, 06:44 PM) *

Nope - on the stem to the oil fill throat, below the oil cap and O ring; (formerly) part number 022-115-315
Just like those red ones shown.
StarBear
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Jun 13 2018, 01:45 AM) *

QUOTE(75914-L20C @ Jun 12 2018, 05:50 PM) *

Pictures of the oil cap seal from the thread linked above:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Jim

Yep - that one ( the indicated part number is correct)
StarBear
QUOTE(75914-L20C @ Jun 12 2018, 08:50 PM) *

Yes, that's the one. Will post photo and dimensions in replay to Mikey914 post
StarBear
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 13 2018, 11:43 AM) *

Simple enough. Can you identify the material? Seems to be a fluoropolymer, but they were not is use in that time period. Would make a better seal.

Here's a photo and dimensions. From a used one so may (?) have swelled a bit.
Mikey914
Give me a couple days. I can have this next week.
Mark
StarBear
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 14 2018, 10:31 AM) *

Give me a couple days. I can have this next week.
Mark

Awesome! I'd be glad to do a confirmation/QA fit test on one or two for you.
NS914
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Jun 8 2018, 11:03 AM) *

I know it's been said before but, I want to say it again. Mark and Scott, and the rest of the crew at 914rubber.com, are stand up guys.

There customer service and customer appreciation is very high.

Thanks for everything you guys have helped me with so far.

Mike

Yup and second that sentiment from Canada....the guys have helped me out on a few occasions...so much thanks to our vendors here on the World!

I think I have just finished the last of my wiring and the engine will go back in...and can you believe come down off of those jack stands!!!! (I know I know...what was I thinking saying that out loud!!!)

Grant
Mikey914
Should have the 1st parts today. In Viton.
Mikey914
As promised I completed these and in 2 different versions.
One in a commercial grade Neoprene (the shiny one)
The other in Viton that should last forever.

I'll get these listed up shortly.
Thanks all
Mikey914
And listed for consumption -

https://shop.914rubber.com/searchquick-subm...rds=022.115.315

StarBear
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jun 16 2018, 01:31 AM) *

As promised I completed these and in 2 different versions.
One in a commercial grade Neoprene (the shiny one)
The other in Viton that should last forever.

I'll get these listed up shortly.
Thanks all

Fantastic! You're the best! Will check out the new new stock (NNS).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.