Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New member from SoCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
garm
Hi everyone, just bought this 1970 914 and waiting for it to arrive. Needs some work, always wanted one of these; couldn't pass it up. I also have a '77 slantnose 911. beerchug.gif

I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, like where to pick up a correct rear valance?

IPB Image

IPB Image
914forme
welcome.png

The 1977 is your donor car poke.gif lol-2.gif

Best of luck with the purchase, can't wait to see pictures.

76-914
welcome.png
garm
haha thanks. Yes a 3.0 has occurred to me. biggrin.gif

This has a single Weber (I've heard that is far from optimal)

Obviously will need a rear valance. And so much more.

Coondog
Welcome, lots of parts out there. Post a WTB
PanelBilly
Welcome.
914xr75
Welcome aboard. Is that color white or light ivory?
effutuo101
welcome.png
Looking forward to seeing your ride!
Mike D.
welcome.png
I'm close, Santa Clarita if you need help. And my VW Club, German Ledgeds, is based in Chatsworth. We also accept 914s biggrin.gif because I'm the Pres. !
carking1996
Welcome! Enjoy your stay
jrblackbox
Nice car!! Looks like it might even work? Just kidding. Welcome!
Mueller
Nice car and welcome.
burton73
Welcome to the WORLD

Bob B
welcome.png
Montreal914
welcome.png
Plenty of ressources here (help, parts, vendors) smilie_pokal.gif .
Looks like a good start.
BTW, careful... assimilate.gif
green914
welcome.png
garm
Thanks for the warm welcome.

@914r75 thanks, it's white I'm pretty sure. The car will be with me in the next two weeks. It's coming from Florida to SoCal.

@MikeD I'll PM you. My first car was a '62 Ghia -- love VW's, though I don't own one now.
Cairo94507
welcome.png Always nice to welcome a new member. Nice car too. Once you get it in your garage do a thorough front to rear, top to bottom inspection. Safety items first then make it a reliable driver. Cosmetics after that. I would recommend tackling one issue at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Once they go on jack-stands, they tend to get comfortable. beerchug.gif
campbellcj
welcome.png I am relatively local as well. Look forward to following your project.
daytona
Welcome and good luck with your 914.
You purchased a white 914 in Florida and shipped it to California. I purchase a white one in California and shipped it to Florida confused24.gif .
I agree with Cairo94507.
Make it safe.
Make it reliable.
Make it pretty.
Enjoy it in good health.
Bill.
914-300Hemi
welcome.png
Lucky9146
welcome.png From a fellow So Cal, lots of us here as you will learn. Looks like a nice car and I like the color! Mine is also white. lol-2.gif
driving.gif white914.jpg white914.jpg
Larmo63
That looks like a good starting point, be careful, these darn cars are addicting.
And,

welcome.png
garm
Great advice; looking forward to a "Post Purchase Inspection" laugh.gif and good times sorting it out.

Here are some of my toys:

IPB Image
sb914
Nice quiver! wub.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(garm @ Jun 24 2018, 07:50 PM) *

Great advice; looking forward to a "Post Purchase Inspection" laugh.gif and good times sorting it out.

Here are some of my toys:

IPB Image

Ok, whats up with the skeleton on the (Maita ?) interesting group of cars. Welcome
Shadowfax
welcome.png

white914.jpg beerchug.gif
914xr75
I like your collection. Is that an N600 or a Civic? Any motorcycles in the collection?
garm
I see I need to size down my pics.

That's a Honda Z600, original paint

No bikes; I should have gotten into them before making a family. sad.gif

"Frank" (the skeleton) resides in whatever project I'm working on. You'll see him in the 914 as I work through it. He's the BEST assistant ever.
porschetub
Hillman Imps X 2 wow remember then ,didn't even know they got to the US???.
marksteinhilber
For getting a rear valence check Craigslist los angeles under all for sale and search Porsche 914. There are several people who part 914s out, some in the riverside area and some up by Hesperia. They have multiple cars. I got a rear valence that needed a little dolly work for $100 about 6 months ago.
garm
@porschetub -- yes, LHD models were imported and sold by Chrysler dealers and badged as the Sunbeam Imp here. The grey one is an all original barn find and the green one I'm doing as a sporty canyon carver. We think maybe 30 that are running in the USA.

@marksteinhilber -- thank you I will save a search on CL and check it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.