Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB OEM carbs for 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
porbmw
Well....
Thought I was getting somewhere
Sent carbs for my original 6 to be reconditioned.

Turns out I have one side from a 68 911, and the other from a 911T...and they don't match up that well....

Anyone????

So much for "having an original 6"....it's a hybrid dry.gif

Thanks
Paul
gms
I sent a pm
Beach914
I've had a set of 40idtp's in the parts for sale. Freshly rebuilt and previous owner said they were off of a -6 they had in the late seventies.
euro911
From my understanding, the original engines in the 914-6 were derived from the '69 911T.

What are the actual differences between your carbs?
dug
The really correct carbs for 914-6 are 40IDTP13C and 40IDTP13C1.

Notice the extra 1 in front of the 3 (to indicate the sides were flipped in a 914) There is no other difference between these and a 40IDTP3C from a 911.

The earlier 40IDA and 40IDAP had different progression ports and so when mismatched the driveability suffers because the sides are transitioning differently.
forrestkhaag
pm sent

beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 9 2018, 12:02 PM) *

pm sent

beerchug.gif

and another...... beerchug.gif
porbmw
Thanks to all in theworld that responded.

I DID find a set of correct/OEM carbs for a 6!...In the end, I felt compelled to go "completely correct" on this venture, for an original, numbers matching 6

AND

I know of TWO other sets out there, for what I think is a reasonable price. I have known one of the vendor for years..and the other is a member here.

SO

If anyone else needs a set, PM me, and I will check with the vendors to see about getting you in touch.

Thanks

Paul
sixnotfour
i have one nos ,,,had 5
porbmw
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Aug 11 2018, 07:46 PM) *

i have one nos ,,,had 5

Wow!
a9146luvr
Zenith's, right?
porbmw
QUOTE(a9146luvr @ Aug 13 2018, 09:51 PM) *

Zenith's, right?

Weber!
Please note dug's post #5...he sets out the proper, correct, OEM carbs beerchug.gif
euro911
Just curious ... did any 914's come out of the factory with Zeniths?
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 14 2018, 11:35 AM) *

No. But from what I have been thru with the "factory correct" 914-6 IDTP1C/XYZ's I believe there must have been a few guys that made a conversion to Z's along the way.....
hissyfit.gif

Picture of the insane assylum building housing the original owners of "factory correct" 914-6 IDTP1C/XYZ's the building is like the intake system. The first floor is solid and straight forward (like PMO intakes), the second floor is a little woozy- wazzy (like the balance between emulsion tubes, jets, venturi's and leaking gaskets), and the top floors are like the air filter system, (passively involved and ready to be blown to bits with the next impending backfire)!
EJ1970914/6
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 14 2018, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 14 2018, 11:35 AM) *

No. But from what I have been thru with the "factory correct" 914-6 IDTP1C/XYZ's I believe there must have been a few guys that made a conversion to Z's along the way.....
hissyfit.gif

Picture of the insane assylum building housing the original owners of "factory correct" 914-6 IDTP1C/XYZ's the building is like the intake system. The first floor is solid and straight forward (like PMO intakes), the second floor is a little woozy- wazzy (like the balance between emulsion tubes, jets, venturi's and leaking gaskets), and the top floors are like the air filter system, (passively involved and ready to be blown to bits with the next impending backfire)!

That's some funny Sh_t right there w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.