Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Okteenerfest Tech Session Sign Up
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
All right it is time! Thanks to some great vendors, Okteenerfest will be hosting 5 tech sessions where our attendees can sign up to have these items installed on their car! Anyone can attend the sessions but if you want the chance to have the items installed on your car you will need sign up by replying to this thread and indicating which Tech Session you are interested in. Note we may ask the winner to do some minor prep work on their car like spray potentially rusty bolts with penetrating oil.

Tech Session 1 Tarrett Sway Bar Link
When: 9-14-18 at 5:00 PM

If you ever wanted to add some adjustability to your front suspensions, a set of adjustable drop links is the place to start. Tarett Engineering is providing the drop links and offering a special price for attendees to purchase the links at $112 at the event.

Tech Session 2 – 914 Rubber Door Seals
When: 9-15-18 at 10:00 AM During Car Show

The 914 Rubber guys will walk everyone through an install of their improved inner and outer door seals. Sign up for this and you can score over $200 worth of seals and have them installed! I hear there may be additional goodies added time permitting!

Tech Session 3 - PMB Rear Brake Pad Install
When: 9-15-18 at 4:00 PM

Eric at PMB and Porterfield Brake Pads are sponsoring a session on how to properly set your rear break clearance after installing new pads. Porterfield is providing a set of their R4-S (street) compound pads for the demo. Sign up for this and you will have some awesome performing rear brakes!

Tech Session 4 – Front Trunk Spring Install
When: 9-15-18 at 4:30 PM

Restoration Design is providing a set of front trunk springs for an attendee. There are a lot of differing ways to do this that we will cover but I have an extremely easy way that I will demo!

Also Remember that Restoration Design is providing a really good discount on the springs and the more people that sign up for it the cheaper they are.

Tech Session 5 – Pedal Cluster (tentative)
When: 9-15-18 at 5:00 PM

Bruce Stone a master of the pedal cluster has offered to walk everyone through the rebuild process. As this is right before the awards dinner, conducting the session will depend on how many people are interested.

Just as a note, we are all car enthusiast not experts. So by signing up for the install the attendee accepts all risk associated with the install process. While we have identified qualified people to complete the efforts, sometimes in the process things go wrong. Can range from a something as simple as a broken bolt to one of those situations where everything that is touched just seems to fall apart
ClayPerrine
You forgot to tell us HOW to enter.....

slap.gif

Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 9 2018, 07:02 AM) *

slap.gif

As stated above to sign up you "will need to reply to this thread and indicate which Tech Session you are interested in."

I made it a bit more clear.
ClayPerrine
For Betty, sign her up for the Tarrett session.

I would like to sign up for the front spring replacement session.
(Yes, I know how to do it. I just want someone else to do it for me. Those springs scare me.)
db9146
Clay beat me to the spring demo....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 9 2018, 10:49 AM) *

They are going to draw a name from a group of people, so I may not get it. You can sign up too.

Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 9 2018, 07:52 AM) *

QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 9 2018, 10:49 AM) *

They are going to draw a name from a group of people, so I may not get it. You can sign up too.

Correct everyone can sign up and we will randomly pick someone.

I think this is pretty cool deal!
billh1963
Sign me up for the door seals
DRPHIL914
Sign me up for the swaybar drop links tec session and hey Bill if you want to help I’m going to do my windows this weekend the doors with all the seals
edit: I have not finished my door seals lol!! you probably saw that thread!- anyway I hope they are it by then, if not I will just pack up my door seals and glass and bring them with- maybe you can do the demo on my car- either way, sign me up for the door seal one as well - heck just sign me up for all of them!
Betty
Add me please to the front trunk springs session, in addition to the sway bar links session? smash.gif driving-girl.gif
IronHillRestorations
Please add to sway bar link session
michael7810
Please add me to the list for sway bar link session.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 16 2018, 08:27 AM) *

Please add me to the list for sway bar link session.

Done. Also if you sign up for the group buy and win the install I will relieve you of the obligation of buying it!

Kind of hard to lose on this one!
DRPHIL914
mike I just edited my response- sign me up for all of them
JoeD
Please sign me up for rear brake pads & adjustment.

Thanks!
bandjoey
Brakes. I volunteered on the main thread about a month ago. Need stopping power
Thanks
Matty900
The door seal will also include new threshold and carpet trim.

PS please put my name in the hat for the spring installation too.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Aug 17 2018, 01:47 AM) *

The door seal will also include new threshold and carpet trim.

PS please put my name in the hat for the spring installation too.

For those of you that may have missed it the door seal install now includes new threshold and carpet trim! That is a massive haul. remember all of these are in addition to the standard door prizes! 914 Rubber knows how to do it right! Thanks Matt!
Mblizzard
Here are the people I am tracking for sessions. You can attend with out signing up so just stop by. But if you want to have a chance to win please replay to this post by August 31.

Sway Bar

Betty Perrine
Dr. Phil
Perry Kiehl
Joe Drouin
michael7810

Door Seals and Thresholds

billh1963
Philip W.

PMB Brake

Betty Perrine
Philip W.
bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Clay Perrine
Dee Bryson
Betty Perrine
Joe Drouin
Philip W.
Matty900
michael7810
I need to look at my door seals to see what condition they are in. Don’t want to take a spot if I don’t need tHem. Now if you were doing main targa seals I’d be all over that.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 17 2018, 06:35 AM) *

I need to look at my door seals to see what condition they are in. Don’t want to take a spot if I don’t need tHem. Now if you were doing main targa seals I’d be all over that.

Well I know the 914 Rubber guys are looking at offering a group buy. With their expertise there it would be hard not to buy and get guidance if they offered the Targa seal.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 17 2018, 08:11 AM) *

Here are the people I am tracking for sessions. You can attend with out signing up so just stop by. But if you want to have a chance to win please replay to this post by August 31.

Sway Bar

Betty Perrine
Dr. Phil
Perry Kiehl
Joe Drouin
michael7810

billh1963
Philip W.

PMB Brake

Betty Perrine
Philip W.
bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Clay Perrine
Dee Bryson
Betty Perrine
Joe Drouin
Philip W.
Matty900

Why did you put my wife on the sway bar one and not me? I asked to be on there too.

Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 17 2018, 11:06 AM) *

Sway Bar

Betty Perrine
Dr. Phil
Perry Kiehl
Joe Drouin
michael7810

billh1963
Philip W.

PMB Brake

Betty Perrine
Philip W.
bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Clay Perrine
Dee Bryson
Betty Perrine
Joe Drouin
Philip W.
Matty900

Why did you put my wife on the sway bar one and not me? I asked to be on there too.

Why? Your wife is cute. You? Not so much. That's not hard to explain!

Sorry. You are added!
kwfast
Please sign me up for #2 Door Seals and #3 Brake Pads

Ken
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 17 2018, 02:10 PM) *

Sway Bar

Betty Perrine
Dr. Phil
Perry Kiehl
Joe Drouin
michael7810

billh1963
Philip W.

PMB Brake

Betty Perrine
Philip W.
bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Clay Perrine
Dee Bryson
Betty Perrine
Joe Drouin
Philip W.
Matty900

Sorry. You are added!

She doesn't need to be in the PMB brake list either. I just put new rotors and pads on her car yesterday.

Matty900
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 17 2018, 07:35 AM) *

I will make sure to have at least one of those on hand too beerchug.gif
bandjoey
Is there a time schedule to enter more than one event?
michael7810
My door seals are OK. Sign me up for Targa seals if that is added to the agenda
Mikey914
Would be worth seeing if they want to add the targa to window seals. Many try to pull through the track and they apear to shrink. However when installed properly they really do seal tight.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 17 2018, 04:19 PM) *

Will post the schedule but it is arranged so you can do them all.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 17 2018, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 17 2018, 02:10 PM) *

Sway Bar

Betty Perrine
Dr. Phil
Perry Kiehl
Joe Drouin
michael7810

billh1963
Philip W.

PMB Brake

Betty Perrine
Philip W.
bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Clay Perrine
Dee Bryson
Betty Perrine
Joe Drouin
Philip W.
Matty900

Sorry. You are added!

She doesn't need to be in the PMB brake list either. I just put new rotors and pads on her car yesterday.

Yea like we are going to believe that! She never uses the brakes! So like would she ever need you to replace them?

But will make the change regardless.
bandjoey
Add me to rubber and sway then. Thanks. Bill
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 17 2018, 06:27 PM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 17 2018, 04:19 PM) *

Will post the schedule but it is arranged so you can do them all.

Here is the Tech schedule Mike sent me.
cashiersjm
Please sign me up for #2 Seals and #3 Brakes.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Aug 17 2018, 04:51 PM) *

Added you to seals as it sounds like they are bringing a Targa seal!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 20 2018, 07:43 AM) *

Me too. The targa seal on Elwood is torn on the left side.

Mblizzard
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 20 2018, 06:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 20 2018, 07:43 AM) *

Me too. The targa seal on Elwood is torn on the left side.

Done. Of course this will be up to 914 Rubber to determine if they give one away and have the time to install.
michael7810
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 20 2018, 05:43 AM) *

Thanks
JoeD
Sorry Mike- I asked to be put in for the brakes not hood springs... thanks!

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 17 2018, 09:11 AM) *

Sway Bar

Betty Perrine
Dr. Phil
Perry Kiehl
Joe Drouin
michael7810

billh1963
Philip W.

PMB Brake

Betty Perrine
Philip W.
bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Clay Perrine
Dee Bryson
Betty Perrine
Joe Drouin
Philip W.
Matty900

JawjaPorsche
Sign me up for rear brake install demo. Thank you in advance. Terry Tuck
JawjaPorsche
I know this is for a future Okteenerfest event but I know there would be an interest for valve adjustment. Of course, we would need a lift somewhere.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 20 2018, 03:31 PM) *

I know this is for a future Okteenerfest event but I know there would be an interest for valve adjustment. Of course, we would need a lift somewhere.

Better to demo on and engine out of a car.
Grafiks
Mike,
I just sent my check today for registration and got a room at the Helendorf. Was not sure I was going to be able to come. Doug Leehr is helping me with my car. I talked to you about it a couple months ago. It is the car that a lawyer left at the auto shop where it was being worked on and never went back to get it. 18 years later I bought it with a mechanics lean title. It is going to me a little more of a project than I thought. Found another car in Hickory and got a deal on it. I will be driving it to Helen.
I would like to sign up for everyone of the tech sessions. I talked to Bruce Stone tonight about doing my petal cluster. He is coming to Helen and planning on doing a demo on how to restore the cluster.
I will be coming in Thur. evening. Looking forward to meeting you and learning more about the mega squirt system you have on your car.
Later,
Bob Hodgin
Banner Elk, NC
828-773-3952

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 9 2018, 11:11 AM) *

slap.gif

As stated above to sign up you "will need to reply to this thread and indicate which Tech Session you are interested in."

rmdinmd
Hi Mike;
please add me to the PMB brake and pedal cluster lists. piratenanner.gif

thx
Mblizzard
QUOTE(Grafiks @ Aug 20 2018, 05:55 PM) *

Mike,
I just sent my check today for registration and got a room at the Helendorf. Was not sure I was going to be able to come. Doug Leehr is helping me with my car. I talked to you about it a couple months ago. It is the car that a lawyer left at the auto shop where it was being worked on and never went back to get it. 18 years later I bought it with a mechanics lean title. It is going to me a little more of a project than I thought. Found another car in Hickory and got a deal on it. I will be driving it to Helen.
I would like to sign up for everyone of the tech sessions. I talked to Bruce Stone tonight about doing my petal cluster. He is coming to Helen and planning on doing a demo on how to restore the cluster.
I will be coming in Thur. evening. Looking forward to meeting you and learning more about the mega squirt system you have on your car.
Later,
Bob Hodgin
Banner Elk, NC
828-773-3952

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 9 2018, 11:11 AM) *

slap.gif

AWESOME! Also if you think you want any of the parts featured in the session also sign up for the group buys. If you win the install you will get your money refunded if you win the install!
Mblizzard
QUOTE(JoeD @ Aug 20 2018, 01:33 PM) *

Sorry Mike- I asked to be put in for the brakes not hood springs... thanks!

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 17 2018, 09:11 AM) *

Sway Bar

Betty Perrine
Dr. Phil
Perry Kiehl
Joe Drouin
michael7810

billh1963
Philip W.

PMB Brake

Betty Perrine
Philip W.
bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Clay Perrine
Dee Bryson
Betty Perrine
Joe Drouin
Philip W.
Matty900

Got it!
bdstone914
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 20 2018, 03:31 PM) *

Better to demo on an engine out of a car.
Mblizzard
Here is the list I have for people signed up to win tech session installs. Remember everyone is welcome to attend but you have t enter to win the item installed on your car.

Also, if you are interested in buying the items please let me know or sign up in the group by thread by August 31, 2018.

These are some really good prices and a great opportunity to show our sponsors some support. they have contributed over $11K of prizes and support for this event!

Sway Bar

1 Betty Perrine
2 Dr. Phil
3 Perry Kiehl
4 Joe Drouin
5 michael7810
6 ClayPerrine
7 bandjoey
8 Bob Hodgin

1 billh1963
2 Philip W.
3 cashiersjm
4 bandjoey
5 kwfast Ken Fast
6 michael7810 Targa
7 ClayPerrine Targa
8 Bob Hodgin

PMB Brake

1 Philip W.
2 bandjoey
3 cashiersjm
4 kwfast
5 rmdinmd
6 Bob Hodgin
7 Joe Drouin
8 JawjaPorsche

Front Trunk Spring

1 Clay Perrine
2 Dee Bryson
3 Betty Perrine
4 Philip W.
5 Matty900
6 Bob Hodgin

Pedal Cluster
1 rmdinmd
2 Bob Hodgin
Mblizzard
The winners for the tech session installs are presented below! If you are not going to be attending for some reason let me know so someone else can be selected. I will PM the winners as well.

Sway Bar

Joe Drouin

billh1963

Note I had 2 others in for the Targa seals if 914 Rubber has the time to complete. Will determine winner buy coin flip.

PMB Brake

bandjoey

Front Trunk Spring

Dee Bryson

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.