Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 911 suspension parts package
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
rhodyguy
L&R 911, I think T, strut housings with 3" caliper bolt spacing.
2 Aluminum hubs.
2 NEW Zimmerman vent rotors.
Rotor retaining hardware and used bearings.

I do not have the backing plates or the strut covers.

$600+shipping ONBO.
bdstone914
What type struts ?
Pinch bolt ball joint or taper pin ?
What is the part number on one of the strut tubes ?

Interested pending verification of the struts.
Bruce
mepstein
Kevin - if the bottom of the strut where the ball joint shaft has a slot, it’s a pinch bolt strut (early). No slot = tapered pin (late). Either one works fine but it needs the corresponding ball joint.

Strut dust covers are the same as 4 cylinder.

Good price for this package.

Oh, if you do end up shipping, go to the big box store, buy a 22 - 27 quart yellow and black plastic tub, pack and zip tie the top on. The tub cost a couple dollars but it holds up much better than cardboard boxes.
rhodyguy
I will post a picture of the the balljoint area tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up guys! BIG shed cleanup over past 2 days. I'm clean and tired. Funny how an ancient tiller that doesn't run, is left out by the street with a 'free' sign on it disappears. Crap cheap yard carts too. Already on the plastic tote bus. wink.gif
rhodyguy
it seems 12 zip ties gets the job done. btw, round hole with threads on one side for the balljoint.
bdstone914
Sounds like pinch bolt type struts. I will pass. You should make that clear in the initial listing so a non knowing buyer ends up with having to back date to inferior ball joints.
Bruce
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 21 2018, 09:52 AM) *

Sounds like pinch bolt type struts. I will pass. You should make that clear in the initial listing so a non knowing buyer ends up with having to back date to inferior ball joints.
Bruce

They really aren’t that bad. Used on thousands of 911’s, 912’s, 914 fours and sixes and probably many other cars. You just have the keep the nut tight and it all works fine.

You can play the upgrade game to infinity but there’s always something that you don’t expect that will go wrong.
rhodyguy
Gee, thanks Bruce. huh.gif For nothing. Perhaps the company you work for should'nt sell shit parts.
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 21 2018, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 21 2018, 09:52 AM) *

Bruce

They really aren’t that bad. Used on thousands of 911’s, 912’s, 914 fours and sixes and probably many other cars. You just have the keep the nut tight and it all works fine.

You can play the upgrade game to infinity but there’s always something that you don’t expect that will go wrong.

A 914 Truism. beerchug.gif icon_bump.gif for a great deal.
TravisNeff
This is a good deal
rhodyguy
Thanks guys. Bump #1. Anticipate shipping to run $35-45 via FedEx. I'll cover any amount over the $45 conus.
euro911
Kevin, What's up with the driver's side strut? ... looks like the control arm has been re-welded confused24.gif
rhodyguy
Do you mean the gob of stuff on the strut on the left?
euro911
gob - lol.

Yes
rhodyguy
Saran Wrap is tied in the hole. I had to unwrap the assems for pictures. 0 welding. 80% of the prep work is done. No need to burn thru 3 or 4 cans of spray cleaner (and dealing with the rest of the mess) or a bath in a parts washer just to get started. The rust you see is just light on the surface.

Thanks for asking Mark. I was oblivious to the crap on the arm.
RSR
Pm sent
RSR
I see you sent me a pm but I can’t read it.
rhodyguy
Did you get the one I sent about 1/2 hour ago? If you're not logged in you can't read pms. BTW, the threads are fine. Ran a bolt thru both holes. The BJ post holes look good too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.