Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 13" steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
billh1963
This came from a '75 914. I replaced it with a stock wheel.

Decent shape...would be great for an autocrosser or race car. Leather cracked on top of wheel (12 o'clock) and small crack at around 5 o'clock position

No horn ring. Don't see a manufacturer but says made in France. I assume it's a Formuling brand.

$50 obo including shipping in CONUS.

Click to view attachment
billh1963
back side

Click to view attachment
euro911
I had a lot of fun times through some fast & twisty turns with that wheel driving.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 8 2018, 03:30 PM) *

I had a lot of fun times through some fast & twisty turns with that wheel driving.gif

I bet you did! Nothing wrong with it...I just prefer the original style smile.gif
914bub
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 8 2018, 02:51 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 8 2018, 03:30 PM) *

I bet you did! Nothing wrong with it...I just prefer the original style smile.gif

PM sent. Interested.What year was it on previously? I've heard they are different and heard they are all the same. Lots of confusing info when I searched!
euro911
It was on my '75 (the 'BB'), which Bill now owns.
914bub
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 8 2018, 07:59 PM) *

It was on my '75 (the 'BB'), which Bill now owns.

Still can't believe it's gone! With ATS classics to boot!
billh1963
Still available
billh1963
Anyone want the wheel for $40?

That includes shipping in CONUS

Will be available through 9/20. After that it goes in the trash.
Craigers17
PM sent.
billh1963
Sold!
Craigers17
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 16 2018, 07:29 PM) *

Sold!

Bill,
Received the steering wheel today.....awesome little wheel! I appreciate the fast shipping too. Thanks! beerchug.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Sep 20 2018, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 16 2018, 07:29 PM) *

Sold!

Bill,
Received the steering wheel today.....awesome little wheel! I appreciate the fast shipping too. Thanks! beerchug.gif

you are welcome
euro911
It IS a great little wheel if you want quick steering response in the twisties driving.gif

How's the 'BB' coming along, Bill ?
billh1963
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 20 2018, 09:43 PM) *

It IS a great little wheel if you want quick steering response in the twisties driving.gif

Pretty good! I think the carbs need to be rebuilt (as we discussed when I bought the car). The carbs popping at idle and at low driving RPM indicate a lean condition. The idle jets look like they are 50's (not 60's) so I might go up a size to 55 before I rebuild the carbs. I did pull all the jets and cleaned them with carb cleaner but it made no difference.

So far I have:
Installed the ignition switch
Fixed the turn signal/emergency flashers
Replaced the steering wheel with an original one (horn works, by the way smile.gif )
Replaced the rubber where the windows meet the targa bar (the ones on there were cracked)
Installed a Camp914 strut kit on the rear trunk lid
Fixed the interior passenger door handle
Compounded, polished and waxed the whole car

Next steps are:
Adjust the valves for zero lash (will do that before I mess with the carbs) just to make sure
Get the ATS wheels powder coated
Drive the snot out of it driving.gif
euro911
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 21 2018, 05:06 AM) *
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 20 2018, 09:43 PM) *

Pretty good! I think the carbs need to be rebuilt (as we discussed when I bought the car). The carbs popping at idle and at low driving RPM indicate a lean condition. The idle jets look like they are 50's (not 60's) so I might go up a size to 55 before I rebuild the carbs. I did pull all the jets and cleaned them with carb cleaner but it made no difference.

So far I have:
Installed the ignition switch
Fixed the turn signal/emergency flashers
Replaced the steering wheel with an original one (horn works, by the way smile.gif )
Replaced the rubber where the windows meet the targa bar (the ones on there were cracked)
Installed a Camp914 strut kit on the rear trunk lid
Fixed the interior passenger door handle
Compounded, polished and waxed the whole car

Next steps are:
Adjust the valves for zero lash (will do that before I mess with the carbs) just to make sure
Get the ATS wheels powder coated
Drive the snot out of it driving.gif

Great. In case you haven't found them yet, I think I put the carb rebuild kits in the center armrest box - in a small unmarked white box.

I didn't have an idle popping issue out here, at least not after reaching full operating temperature. I never got the chance to check the AFR after installing 32mm venturies and rejetting the carbs ... I misplaced a suitcase with all my automotive diagnostic gear a few years ago - looked almost everywhere here, then thought I may have taken to AZ, but nope not there either. My wife found the suitcase a few weeks ago, buried up in the attic screwy.gif

Were the air horns a surprise? ... people aren't expecting that much noise out of a little car and it sure wakes them up laugh.gif

Post some pix when you get a chance - really like to see it all dressed up popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.