Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Pre-75' Black steel front bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Chi-town
I'm looking for a black steel front bumper to replace the one on my 74' due to a good size dent.

I'm not worried about the paint condition, light surface rust, or anything that bolts to it.

It just needs to be straight and not rotted out or any broken bolts stuck in it.

I would prefer local but greyhound shipping is pretty cheap for oversize stuff like this.

thanks!
PlaysWithCars
Oscar just chrome plated every bumper available. poke.gif

Bump to the top. Hope you find one.
Chi-town
Bump!
ValcoOscar
Dylan-

I'm doing another set of black bumpers right now for my V8 car. @mb911 did the front GT mod.
Let me see your dented bumper, just maybe I can run them together to save you some $$. I've resurrected some ugly bumpers.

Let's meet up this weekend.

Oscar
Chi-town
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 10 2019, 09:22 AM) *

Dylan-
I'm doing another set of black bumpers right now for my V8 car.
Let me see your dented bumper, just maybe I can run them together to save you some $$. I've resurrected some ugly bumpers.

Oscar

Oscar-

I pounded the dent out to make it semi-usable and gave it to Bob for the white car.

I have the one front out being blasted and and possibly powdercoated but I have a feeling it's gonna be rough once they get the bondo off of it so I was looking for a backup piece.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Jan 10 2019, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 10 2019, 09:22 AM) *

Dylan-
I'm doing another set of black bumpers right now for my V8 car.

Oscar

Oscar-

I pounded the dent out to make it semi-usable and gave it to Bob for the white car.

I have the one front out being blasted and and possibly powdercoated but I have a feeling it's gonna be rough once they get the bondo off of it so I was looking for a backup piece.

Understood...that's why I select my worst bumpers to repair and then epoxy paint, not powdercoat.
If they were perfect surely I would prefer powdercoat. BTW..I too blast all my bumpers so paint adhesion is 14.gif

You know how to reach me...

Oscar

mb911
So the rumor is that if you want to powdercoat a bumper you can use JB weld as a filler as it will handle the heat of the powdercoat oven.. Thought that was interesting..
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 10 2019, 02:16 PM) *

So the rumor is that if you want to powdercoat a bumper you can use JB weld as a filler as it will handle the heat of the powdercoat oven.. Thought that was interesting..

Yes..also LAB METAL

I've tried both, Lab Metal works better in my opinion. Decent results with pin holes, nicks and gouges but didn't care for results as a filler on small dents.

Oscar
mepstein
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 10 2019, 05:35 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 10 2019, 02:16 PM) *

Yes..also LAB METAL

I've tried both, Lab Metal works better in my opinion. Decent results with pin holes, nicks and gouges but didn't care for results as a filler on small dents.

Oscar

Our experience to. Good as a filler on parts but not a body filler.
914forme
Lab metal for powder coating.

JB does work as a good body filler.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.