Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you install these Damn seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
I cant remember how my seats came out,..and its either 1 side or the other when it comes to lining up the little flapper anchors I cant get them both to line up !!!
76-914
On my drivers seat I barely slip the inner rail on then move to the outer. It appears one side is longer but I can't confirm that w/o getting out of my chair. av-943.gif
mepstein
Just set the seat rails on the end of the base rails, lift the handle and slide back.
flmont
Click to view attachment
flmont
I just cant line it up..
mgphoto
QUOTE(flmont @ Oct 14 2018, 04:35 PM) *

I just cant line it up..

Make sure the rails are clean, you can loosen the allan bolts on the seat rails to make the rails line up but you will have to take them off again to tighten the allan bolts.
flmont
they dont line up with the little flapper anchor plate,if one side does the other wont,.I know Iam missing something easy its been a year since I pulled them .
sb914
I just set the seat on top of the rails tilt the seat back so you can see underneath than slid onto rails. I just did this last week. Took one minute.
mepstein
Yep, in and out should take seconds without adjustment. Maybe try from the opposite side in case you are holding the seat at an angle.
DaveO90s4
File a small taper on the inner and outer of each chasis-minted rail. Not much. That will help give the seat rail a gentle entry into the chassis rails.
jim912928
I’d also lubricate them with some white lithium grease so the slide on easier.
falcor75
Gentlemen he's talking about the seat rails.
Try loosening the screws for the jagged plate at the front that the height adjuster goes into. Do a dry fit without the adjuster engaged to see that the rear four bolt holes line up with the seat rail holes.
Andyrew
I lift up on the height adjuster while attaching the seat rail base and installing a bolt on the other side. Elsewise I find it doesnt match up.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
often when the seats are recovered, the upholstery guy does not get the sliders lined up correctly and then it is extremely hard if not impossible to line them up with the seat rack. If this is the case, slightly loosen the Allen bolts that hold the sliders onto the seat, start and slide the seal onto the rack, then remove and tighten up the Allens
Jamie
QUOTE(jim912928 @ Oct 14 2018, 07:50 PM) *

Oh no, don't use any grease because it will hold dirt in use. Rub on a bit of candle wax to lube the slides and rails. screwy.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Jamie @ Oct 15 2018, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(jim912928 @ Oct 14 2018, 07:50 PM) *

Oh no, don't use any grease because it will hold dirt in use. Rub on a bit of candle wax to lube the slides and rails. screwy.gif

Very good idea.
rhodyguy
Remove the base and fit the sliders. Turn the seat upside down. You can access/loosen the slider fasteners and adj them to fit the base as it slides in. Fitment is a pita with the base installed in the car as the loose sliders shift around with the in and out.
flmont
Thanks So Much for all the info,I figured it out I pulled out the entire frame,So I put the adjustment tongue on the highest point which pitched the seat at the angle needed to bolt up to the little flapper hinge,..Thanks !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.