Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sheetmetal Pieces off of Frankencarcass
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Beach914
I've got frankencarcass from kahluver and am offering to cut and send sections of what's left to those who need pieces.
Pieces will be minimum $25 to a Max of $100 plus shipping. If you want to come by my yard and pick your own section and cut it, you can do that too.
PM me for section requests and I'll let you know what shape its in.

Mechanical pieces left are the
steering column $25
steering rack, $30
front suspension (no calipers) $30
pedal assy $40
master cylinder $15
Rear control arm assy (no calipers) $25 each side
Drive shafts $25 each
Three Gurneys, look rough. $40

I needed a few things off of it which i now have so the rest is offered before it goes into out scrap metal dumpster. The sale of any pieces above go to my employees Friday lunch carne asada taco fund as they will help cut the pieces for me.
Refer to Gabe's post yesterday in the cars/rollers for sale to see the last picture of the chassis. I'll try to post a copy in this thread if I can figure it out.

Click to view attachment
gcrotvik
What year is the chassis? If it's 70-71, I need a few pieces. Never mind, it's a 73.
euro911
I'm interested in the pedal assembly. Can you post a pic or two?

Also, Mike ( @mgp4591 ) has been trying to acquire the pedal box area from a tub.
Beach914
Mark, I'll get you a photo first thing Monday a.m. I'll be removing it at that time also.

I'll have to assess the condition of the pedal box area for rust.
mgp4591
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 28 2018, 04:20 AM) *

Also, Mike ( @mgp4591 ) has been trying to acquire the pedal box area from a tub.

Thanks for the mention Mark and I'll be looking for those pedal box pics - Thanks Beach! sawzall-smiley.gif
Beach914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Oct 28 2018, 03:20 AM) *

Will need some resto for sure.

Click to view attachment
jesse7flying
I'm interested in the seatbelt attach pockets at the upper end of the firewall. Any good?
Beach914
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 29 2018, 08:57 AM) *

Thanks for the mention Mark and I'll be looking for those pedal box pics - Thanks Beach! sawzall-smiley.gif

Hi Mike,

The pedal floor area is too rusted through on the bottom to salvage. Rats !
Beach914
QUOTE(jesse7flying @ Oct 29 2018, 01:44 PM) *

I'm interested in the seatbelt attach pockets at the upper end of the firewall. Any good?

I'll look and get back to you.
euro911
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Oct 29 2018, 02:14 PM) *
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 29 2018, 08:57 AM) *

Hi Mike,

The pedal floor area is too rusted through on the bottom to salvage. Rats !
Mike, have you checked with Garold?
Beach914
Click to view attachment
Beach914
Click to view attachment
Beach914
Click to view attachment
euro911
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Oct 29 2018, 01:34 PM) *
Will need some resto for sure.

Click to view attachment
I found a spare in the shed while looking for some other parts. I'll pass on this one.

Thanks.
doug_b_928
I'm looking for a straight and rust free left/driver's wheelhouse cut per the pic below. What's the condition of the one on this car?

Click to view attachment
live free & drive
I'm looking for the mid-firewall section to make a fan belt access hatch for a six conversion. Please PM me if this is available.

Jon
Beach914
QUOTE(live free & drive @ Oct 30 2018, 08:08 AM) *

I'm looking for the mid-firewall section to make a fan belt access hatch for a six conversion. Please PM me if this is available.

Jon

Hi Jon, unfortunately it’s why I bought the car.
Beach914
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Oct 30 2018, 07:37 AM) *

I'm looking for a straight and rust free left/driver's wheelhouse cut per the pic below. What's the condition of the one on this car?

Click to view attachment

I’ll look at it tomorrow and try to determine if the area is still in good enough shape (rust free) for you to use.
Beach914
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Oct 30 2018, 07:37 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Hi you re going to have to draw a section on a car so I can mark it for my guys to cut from the actual car. Then I can assess how much has to come before I can get to it.
doug_b_928
If you cut the door sill and quarter per the pic below, that will reveal the piece that I've shown in the pic above. But first check for rust because there's no point wasting time cutting if there's rust.

Click to view attachment

Beach914
Click to view attachment

Posted for 914werke
Tdskip
Sorry if I missed it, but rear driver side floor would be of interest.
Beach914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Nov 7 2018, 06:48 AM) *

Sorry if I missed it, but rear driver side floor would be of interest.

Come see it Tom, you know where its at.

Mark up what you want.

IronHillRestorations
What does the cowl and weather strip channel look like in front of the fresh air vents? I need a piece 4 inches outboard of the wiper divot to the same point on the other side of the car.
Beach914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 7 2018, 10:51 AM) *

What does the cowl and weather strip channel look like in front of the fresh air vents? I need a piece 4 inches outboard of the wiper divot to the same point on the other side of the car.

Hi Perry l'll take a picture you tomorrow. My apologies to all been busy designing and fabricating on some custom construction projects. I'll post pics when it's light enough in the morning.
Beach914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 7 2018, 10:51 AM) *

I think that 4" on either side will be okay. There is some rust thru towards the end of the windshield pass side as shown in the photos.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I found one that was closer, but it's got some bends that DQ it for this car. Your's looks to have more pitting that I want. I'm going to try and find a really nice one. Thanks for the trouble. This is for a real 6.
Beach914
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 19 2018, 04:06 PM) *

I found one that was closer, but it's got some bends that DQ it for this car. Your's looks to have more pitting that I want. I'm going to try and find a really nice one. Thanks for the trouble. This is for a real 6.

Perry, I actually think its very clean and perhaps the pictures don't show it. I'll try to clean up the sheet metal a little better for some close up pics of the channels and underside. Lets give it a try before we write it off anyway.
Beach914
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Nov 21 2018, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 19 2018, 04:06 PM) *

Perry, I actually think its very clean and perhaps the pictures don't show it. I'll try to clean up the sheet metal a little better for some close up pics of the channels and underside. Lets give it a try before we write it off anyway.

Removed the windshield out of the way today to get some cleaner shots of the front vent area.

Haven't cut it out yet so it can be cut larger or smaller as desired. There is some corrosion that starts in the windshield channel near the curve on he passenger side so that will create the limit on the left side.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Beach914
Vince has taken Frankencarcass to its final resting place high up in the SoCal Desert. Still some good pieces left on it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.