Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Engman long kit. (SOLD)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
colingreene
Looking for a long kit for your 914?
I have one new in the box.
This kit is the late model with all the revisions, 8mm holes for easy welding and has been kept dry and rust free.

Looking for 300$ or best offer.
Prefer local pick up in Costa Mesa ca off of the 405/55
however will ship at buyers expense.

Can post pictures tomorrow if need be but its not much to look at.
euro911
Hopefully, someone is longing for a kit like this rolleyes.gif
Tdskip
May be a dumb question - but is this interior bracing kit or exterior?

Am interested, in Costa Mesa later today.

Thanks

Rufus
I’ll take it ... PM is on the way
Tdskip
Good morning Bob, you are second in line. Please mind hi manners here.
Rufus
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Nov 19 2018, 07:28 AM) *

Good morning Bob, you are second in line. Please mind hi manners here.

Good Morning Tdskip - Your post simply asked for info about the kit, and in no way stated a commitment to buy it. Many people ask questions about items posted for sale without eventually committing to buy ...

Did you reach out to the OP by PM stating you'll buy it?

All this said, IF you did so before me, then it's yours ... I'll let Colin weigh in on who's first.
Rufus
I see, Tdskip, you edited your original post .... NICE !!!!
Tdskip
QUOTE(Rufus @ Nov 19 2018, 09:53 AM) *

No, I didn't.

This is a wonderful and cooperative community - please don't be a jerk.

Rufus
“Am interested” doesn’t sound like a commitment to buy ... especially if you don’t know whether the kit is an internal or external kit.

Like I said, I will abide by what Colin says ... smile.gif
colingreene
Rufus is the only person who messaged me...

however it is a interior bracing kit.
Tdskip
Hi Colin - I can stop by later this morning, going to see Dylan next door anyway.
colingreene
I don't know who Dylan is.
euro911
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Nov 19 2018, 06:58 AM) *
QUOTE(Rufus @ Nov 19 2018, 09:53 AM) *
No, I didn't.

This is a wonderful and cooperative community - please don't be a jerk.
Gentlemen, I have no dog in this race, but below is the email notification I received (I get emails for all new classified ads posted).

Note the time of the post and the email message are the same, as is the wording:

914World.com <notification@914world.com>

5:58 AM (5 hours ago)

to euro64911
euro911,

Tdskip has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "FS: Engman long kit.".

----------------------------------------------------------------------
May be a dumb question - but is this interior bracing kit or exterior?

Am interested, in Costa Mesa later today.

Thanks
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a nice day beer.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(Rufus @ Nov 19 2018, 08:12 AM) *

“Am interested” doesn’t sound like a commitment to buy ... especially if you don’t know whether the kit is an internal or external kit.

Like I said, I will abide by what Colin says ... smile.gif

1. Not sure what all the fuss is about, while i understand the limited availability of parts from Engman (RIP) unless there is some sentimentality in parts with his name attached, its not like seemingly identical options are not still available:
https://maddogsmotorsports.com/914-chassis-stiffening

2. While I understand manners given, how flaky people can be I sort of feel like "cash in hand" is a good way to prioritize buyers, especially when its been stated local pickup is desired. In the end any deal is up to the seller, but i also see good manners as accepting whatever deal is going to be easiest on the seller.

Just my 2c. Never thought there would be so much drama in the classifieds.

euro911
QUOTE(JamesM @ Nov 19 2018, 12:07 PM) *
1. Not sure what all the fuss is about, while i understand the limited availability of parts from Engman (RIP) unless there is some sentimentality in parts with his name attached, its not like seemingly identical options are not still available:
https://maddogsmotorsports.com/914-chassis-stiffening
And Dave's kit is less expensive - he might even have a 'Black Friday' discount going (as he typically does) confused24.gif
Rufus
“Note the time of the post and the email message are the same, as is the wording:”

My apologies, Tdskip, when I went back and reread your original post later, I thought it had changed. Apparently, I was wrong.

But I will stand by my previous statements wrt expressing interest while asking a question about an item for sale is quite different from stating a commitment to purchase.

As I said twice before, I’m willing to abide by what Colin says. He and I have been in contact by PM, I’ve made payment, and provided shipping instructions.

Bob
Tdskip
So much for trying to help another local member out. I was even willing to pay over market to try to simplify things for the seller as part of the Orange County 914 community.

You all work it out. I'm done.

colingreene
Its sold
Larmo63
On most forums, "I'll take it" usually takes it.
euro911
@Tdskip

Here ya go ... http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=334604
Tdskip
Thanks Mark, good kit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.