Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speed Nut Clips
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
Anybody have any tips on how to get these dang Plastic Speed Nuts installed all the way on.

Got new ones for the rain tray install, can't seem to get them pushed all the way on.

Thoughts?

Shout out to 914 Rubber, Sierra Madre, Pelican and Auto Atlanta for all the cool parts as of late, lots of projects coming together!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the rain tray should install with screws, and for the early one, rivets for the stand that holds it

QUOTE(tvdinnerbythepool @ Nov 20 2018, 01:20 PM) *

Anybody have any tips on how to get these dang Plastic Speed Nuts installed all the way on.

Got new ones for the rain tray install, can't seem to get them pushed all the way on.

Thoughts?

Shout out to 914 Rubber, Sierra Madre, Pelican and Auto Atlanta for all the cool parts as of late, lots of projects coming together!

TheCabinetmaker
Plastic speed nuts? I need a pic please?
xperu
Maybe he is talking about the two side screens?
Mike Bellis
I use a nut driver and push them on. Not twist. smash.gif
raynekat
On a few of the speed nuts, access is not good.
You need to be creative....

I think I used a small socket that just fit over the speed nut and a large channel lock pliers to press the speed nut on (with a rag on the channel lock jaws so you didn't scrape up any paint).
Mikey914
The early should install with a plastic "push" nut. you could use a speed nut in it's place.

This is for the 3 metal supports on the cockpit side of the grill holding the rail tray. The prongs they go on are the ones from the grill itself. The deck lid welting side.
Hope tat helps
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.