Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rt 66 Rally 2019 - Lake Havasu City, AZ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
michael7810
Route 66 2019 is returning to Lake Havasu City, AZ with drives on Rt 66 to Oatman/Kingman on Friday and across the Parker Dam to find some twisties on the CA side on Saturday.

UPDATED: HOTEL CHANGE

I have a block of 20 rooms at the Holiday Inn Express for April 11-14 as follows
8 King City View @$139
7 Double City View @$139
5 King Bridge View @$149
Prices do not include taxes
Includes
- Breakfast
- Fitness room & heated pool
- Internet
- Roped-off area in the parking lot

Holiday Inn Express
40 London Bridge Road
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403

You don’t have to stay 3 nights to get the rate (more on that later). The HI is in the same area as the Hampton we stayed at in 2012 and is a brand new property just opened in September 2018.

The plan for Friday (4/12) is to depart for Oatman/Kingman by 10AM so an Option is to drive to Havasu on Friday morning (i.e. don’t stay at hotel on April 11th) and still make the twisties.

Be sure to make your hotel reservations before March 11th when the room block expires. You can reserve your rooms by calling the hotel directly (928-733-6388). The group name is “PCR”. Or use this Hotel Link click on Book Now, enter the dates and the correct rates will display.

Attendees:
Michael7810 (1)
76-914 (2)
Larmo63
don-6
TravisNeff (most likely)
jim_hoyland
VegasRacer
ValcoOscar
Coondog (c’mon PMS get his car done)
914Toy
flmont
AZ914
Chris914n6 (probably most likely)
olsib914
kgruen2
stephend914
drem914
mgp4591
forrestkhaag
Toast

…I may need to increase the room block smile.gif

PLEASE reply if you are interested so I know how many to plan for.

Anyone want to step up and help with T-shirts, vendor swag, and awards that will be great...otherwise this will be drinking, eating, camaraderie & driving event (not necessarily in that order).

Anyone who is familiar with the roads on the CA side of the Parker Dam and wants to plan a route for Saturday that will be helpful. We drove those roads in 2012 but I can't remember where we went. I'll plan the Friday drive to Oatman/Kingman and promise to bring enough maps for everyone unlike in 2018.
76-914
In for 2. beerchug.gif
Larmo63
I'm in. beerchug.gif
don-6
I'll be there piratenanner.gif
TravisNeff
Most likely in!
jim_hoyland
Sound like a good RTE 66.... smile.gif I plan to attend
VegasRacer
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Jan 2 2019, 03:45 PM) *

PLEASE reply if you are interested so I know how many to plan for.

I can't miss a visit to Oatman.

Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
I'm IN...

Oscar

driving.gif
Coondog
Going to be close if I get my car back by then. Not holding my breath.
914Toy
I'm in.
flmont
Iam in for 1 maybe 2
AZ914
In! - I can probably help with something.. I'll PM you in a week or so.
Chris914n6
I'm in. Probably. Most likely. smile.gif

California Motorsports is out there somewhere too I think. Maybe a shop tour and trans talk is in order?
2175 N KIOWA BLVD STE 108
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ 86403
olsib914
I can make it..the 914..probably not..shooting for WCR. Unless Oscar wants to rent me one (shameless begging) I bring a Volvo
Olsib914..yeah Mike
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(olsib914 @ Jan 3 2019, 12:55 PM) *

I can make it..the 914..probably not..shooting for WCR. Unless Oscar wants to rent me one (shameless begging) I bring a Volvo
Olsib914..yeah Mike

Only if we can get Marc as a co-pilot. confused24.gif

piratenanner.gif
Oscar

olsib914
Best incentive ever
Olsib914
kgruen2
I'm in for 1, maybe 2.

OOOOPS: Change of plans due to conflict. Will be unable to make it. BUMMER.
MoveQik
Wish I could make it sad.gif . Kid's 18th Bday and our anniversary that weekend. Have fun!
michael7810
See post #1 for updated hotel info and attendees list
Toast
I really need to get back on this site more often... huh.gif
If I can get my idle fixed i'll damn sure take this run! driving-girl.gif

toast.gif
stevend914
75% sure I'll be able to attend. PCA Treffen in Santa Barbara is the weekend before Route 66, as long as I get signed up for Treffen I'll also attend Rte 66. I'll know for sure on the 16th.
drem914
As long as the car is sorted out by then I am in for 2.
michael7810
Post #1 updated with link to hotel reservations
michael7810
Bump. Reservations made
don-6
icon_bump.gif I made my hotel reservation.
See you there!
VegasRacer

. . . . an Option is to drive to Havasu on Friday morning (i.e. don’t stay at hotel on April 11th) and still make the twisties.

My room is booked at the Holiday Inn for 2 nights. I will see y'all on Friday morning.
76-914
Booked! driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
914Toy
Reservations made beerchug.gif
VegasRacer

Anyone want to step up and help with T-shirts . . .

I'll do it. flag.gif
michael7810
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 12 2019, 05:59 PM) *

Anyone want to step up and help with T-shirts . . .

I'll do it. flag.gif

Thanks John. LMK if you need anything
VegasRacer
burro.gif stromberg.gif
Click to view attachment
76-914
piratenanner.gif John always comes up with great shirts. As a matter of fact I'm wearing one now! biggrin.gif
stevend914
Room booked for Fri and Sat nights piratenanner.gif
larryM
great photo !!!!

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Jan 3 2019, 01:13 AM) *

I can't miss a visit to Oatman.
Click to view attachment

mgp4591
I'm probably in but I'll still be bootin' my Subie....
forrestkhaag
Spoke to Keith today and this sounds like a much needed escape for the projects underway in AZ. Drove the 914 today for an hour or so and all is good to go - and I have noticed that if I let it sit for more than a week, it is quite hesitant to start. Solution: Drive it.

On the trip, I'm in. It will be good to see this dysfunctional symbiotic team yet again.

Sidebar: Go Saints

beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
Room booked.... smile.gif
JRust
Was hoping to make it but my daughter graduates with her nursing degree & walks on the 12th. That & a chance to see my grandbaby to boot. I won't be making it to Route 66. Barring some crazy flight down to catch the 2nd half anyway. Which I don't see happening. Would have been great to finally be out there with my car. Which is supposed to be done. Of course it was supposed to be done last summer dry.gif
michael7810
Bump...plus updated attendee list in Post #1
michael7810
Just 5 more weeks before the room block is released to the general public. Get your reservations, you can always cancel later if your plans go south. Hotel just told me only 5 rooms are booked.
stevend914
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Feb 1 2019, 03:33 PM) *

Just 5 more weeks before the room block is released to the general public. Get your reservations, you can always cancel later if your plans go south. Hotel just told me only 5 rooms are booked.

Just rechecked, my reservation confirmation references the Porsche Rallye.
AZ914
Bumpty!

ADMINS .. can we get a highlight on this event? smile.gif
Driver174
Is there a tentative schedule so we can see if we can fit in somewhere? We could probably trailer car down on Friday, and return to Vegas Saturday evening. Thanks,
michael7810
QUOTE(Driver174 @ Feb 17 2019, 11:50 PM) *

Is there a tentative schedule so we can see if we can fit in somewhere? We could probably trailer car down on Friday, and return to Vegas Saturday evening. Thanks,

Basically the plan is
Arrive Lake Havasu Thursday evening
Depart LH Friday around 9:14 and drive to Oatman-Kingman. Have
Lunch in Kingman and return
Depart LH Saturday around 9:14 for Parker Dam and TBD drive on the CA side returning around noon
Group dinner on Saturday night
Depart Sunday for home

VegasRacer

The plan for Friday (4/12) is to depart for Oatman/Kingman by 10AM so an Option is to drive to Havasu on Friday morning (i.e. don’t stay at hotel on April 11th) and still make the twisties.

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Feb 18 2019, 05:50 AM) *

Depart LH Friday around 9:14 and drive to Oatman-Kingman. Have lunch in Kingman and return

Start the tour on Friday at 9:14 or 10:00? blink.gif confused24.gif

It makes a difference for those of us not staying in Havasu on Thursday night.
(10 am would work much better for me.) yellowsleep[1].gif
Chris914n6
^^ #MeToo yellowsleep[1].gif Looking like a handful of cars coming in from Vegas Friday morning. We'd like to do a group breakfast before the 2.5 hr drive, plus unload a trailer or 2.
If the 2hr, lunch, 2 hr drive is the only thing planned that day... no reason to rush.
michael7810
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 18 2019, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(michael7810 @ Feb 18 2019, 05:50 AM) *

Depart LH Friday around 9:14 and drive to Oatman-Kingman. Have lunch in Kingman and return

Start the tour on Friday at 9:14 or 10:00? blink.gif confused24.gif

It makes a difference for those of us not staying in Havasu on Thursday night.
(10 am would work much better for me.) yellowsleep[1].gif

I thought the precedent was to announce 9:14 as the start time, then someone has car problems and by the time that gets sorted we don’t get underway until (well after) 10:00. We will not start without the LV contingent.
76-914
9:14 is the appointed time. It's just that we never get it together before 10:00. biggrin.gif
michael7810
Monday icon_bump.gif
If anyone knows a good driving route for Sat please let me know. I’m thinking across the Parker Dam on the CA side. Thanks
michael7810
Ok here’s what I’m thinking for Saturday’s drive. Total route is 107 miles and should include a mix of twisties and scenery. We will be back in Lake Havasu just after lunch to allow time to enjoy Lake Havasu and/or BS’ing in the parking lot. I know the road to Black Meadows Landing is paved but I’m not sure about the road to copper basin. I will try to drive the route before April. Either way we can just skip Copper Basin if the road is dirt. There is also a restaurant at Black Meadows Landing if we want to eat there.

From Lake Havasu:
South on Rt 95 to Parker Dam Rd and photo stop near the Dam
Rt onto Mwd Rd to Black Meadow Rd to Black Meadows Landing
Back on Black Meadow Rd to Copper Basin Reservoir
Continue to Parker Dam Rd to Parker for lunch stop
Return to Lake Havasu after lunch

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.