Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 1975 Nepal Orange 914 Excellent Condition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Don911
Beautiful example of a Porsche 914 in the very desirable Nepal Orange. Newly built performance engine makes the 914 experience even more enjoyable. Currently on Fuchs wheels wrapped in Yokohama S Drive tires and comes with the original steel wheels, car cover and steering wheel. This car will not disappoint.

• I have the original bill of sale, most service records and owner’s manual which are included with the car.
• Current mileage is 86,xxx (based on the documentation I have looks to be original). I bought the car in April 2018 with 83,xxx miles, the previous owner bought it in July 2007 with 70,025 miles on it; the previous owner purchased it in 1986. From the records I have, I believe that I am the sixth owner of the car. I would describe it as a very solid, mostly original survivor.
• The interior is original. The seat bolsters and driver’s headrest have been repaired with black tape (visible in some of the photos) in a few places. It has held up quite well, but could be replaced at some point in time. The seat cushions are original, and in great shape (no tears or wear spots). The radio is a modern Kenwood with upgraded speakers that fit in the original kick panel housings. Carpets are original and also look very good. The steering wheel is a Momo, included is the original steering wheel (in poor condition). Weatherstripping around the passenger area is wearing and could be replaced, but as a sunny day driver, it has not been an issue for me. The body is very solid, the doors close with a proper German “thunk” and I do not recall any rattles or looseness to the body.
• Included are the original steel wheels and a good set of tires, along with the Fuchs wheels and low profile Yokohama S Drive tires. The Fuchs wheels came off of another 914 that was being parted out. I had them professionally refinished, (the rims polished and the centers painted black).
• The car was resprayed once a few years before the previous owner purchased it using the original Nepal Orange color, but using a base coat / clear coat paint. While there a few stone chips, there are no door dings and the car shows very well. There are two small areas where the paint has bubbled up. It was like that when when the previous owner bought it 12 years ago, and it has not changed since. Those spots were left alone, rather than risk messing it up. You can see this on the left front fender, near the front and next to the hood; and left rear fender, near the door handle.
• Eleven years ago the transmission was rebuilt. At the time the powertrain was out of the car, the area below the battery tray cleaned up, treated with POR-15 and resprayed. As you can see from the area looks very good. The battery was out for these pictures, it is an Optima Red Top (no chance of acid leakage).
• Rhett Mathisen (respected aircooled mechanic) did a complete performance street engine build on the car that was recently completed. Fantastic upgrade to the 914 experience. Details below.
AA Performance products 2056 kit w/ gasket set, cam and rod bearings.
71 mm crank, 96 mm P&L
Flywheel H beam rods & ARP rod bolts
Web cam shaft high rev springs/retainer kit
Manley stainless valves 42mm intake 36mm exhaust
Web Cam 86A cam shaft
Dual weber 40s
Oil cooler
Billet oil pump cover
Simons Machine shop work/balance/build heads
Sand blast and paint tins and blower

Price: $19,000
Call or text: 843. eight one four. 4530
Donald.curtis1@gmail.com
Don911
Additional pictures.

Don911
Adding pictures of the hell hole and photos of the underside when the engine was out.
orthobiz
Great bunch of honest photos. It is a well-known fact that ORANGE CARS ROOL!

I normally hate 4 lug Fuchs with painted centers but the silver center caps and silver rim make your wheels pop like no others!

GLWS!

Paul
MikeInMunich
VERY nice!
liebe
QUOTE(Don911 @ Jan 6 2019, 03:49 PM) *

Adding pictures of the hell hole and photos of the underside when the engine was out.

beautiful car, question, is the engine still a 1.8? you say the engine has an upgrade? can you elaborate a bit more? please

thank you
era vulgaris
QUOTE(liebe @ Jan 10 2019, 10:40 PM) *

QUOTE(Don911 @ Jan 6 2019, 03:49 PM) *

beautiful car, question, is the engine still a 1.8? you say the engine has an upgrade? can you elaborate a bit more? please

thank you

It says it's now a 2056cc in the description.

I agree though, beautiful car! Nepal Orange is one of the really great colors on a 914. GLWTS!
Don911
Thanks everyone!

Price reduction and Saturday night bump!

$19,000. Open to offers and please feel free to PM or email feedback.

email: Donald.curtis1@gmail.com
liebe
QUOTE(Don911 @ Jan 20 2019, 12:15 AM) *

Thanks everyone!

email: Donald.cutis1@gmail.com

don, sent you and email
Don911
QUOTE(liebe @ Jan 27 2019, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(Don911 @ Jan 20 2019, 12:15 AM) *

Thanks everyone!

email: Donald.curtis1@gmail.com

don, sent you and email

Sorry for the typo in that email address. Fixed now.
McLovin
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 6 2019, 11:43 AM) *

Great bunch of honest photos. It is a well-known fact that ORANGE CARS ROOL!

I normally hate 4 lug Fuchs with painted centers but the silver center caps and silver rim make your wheels pop like no others!

GLWS!

Paul

Completely agree on the wheels. I have the same wheels on my car but I was looking for something else until I saw this. I can retain the original wheels but take on the look of the Porsche Wheels from the 80's. Glad I saw this ad. It's a well presented car! Good luck to the OP.
Don911
Kind words, thank you very much. Love the car. Had some sunny days so I put the Carrera in storage and took the 914 out. It felt like going from a GT car to lightweight sports car. Such a blast. Wish I could keep them all.

...and remember the original steel wheels come with it as well.
Don911
Well all, I thoroughly enjoyed my brief stint as a 914 owner and I hope that wasn't my last, although, it will be very difficult to find one that is just as good or better.

I will be receiving a deposit today and it will head across the pond to our friends in the UK. Happy to see it go to an enthusiast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.