Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB for positive cable engine tin grommet GB ends 3.16.19
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mikey914
This grommet the factory designed to help hold the cable away from the tin. It has 2 internal ribs that I felt were critical to the design of this piece. Yes, you can put a generic grommet in the hole, but there are a few of us that have seen these wear, there is a reason the factory spent the extra money to male them this way.

I was looking in the parts catalog and couln't readily find the part number. Not sure if these were sold as part of the battery cable assembly or not.
Either way here are some basic pics that will give you the idea of what I'm describing here.

Just bump this thread for the discount code and as soon as we have it put together I'll PM you. You will be able to combine to save a a couple of bucks with the other GB that is currently going. Just need a few days to get good pics and make the listing.

Who's in?
bbrock
icon_bump.gif
rallysport70
icon_bump.gif I'll take one and include it w/my other order. Thanks!
Mikey914
Just hold off on ordering until I can get you the code for these. Scott has gotten so efficient in shipping we get most everything out same day now.
Also choose reg mail for best rate, Fedex has a higher base rate.
Thanks again,
Mark
seanpaulmc
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
shane
Don’t know what size stock was but will a 2 awg cable fit? If so I want one please
Dion
I’m in!
VaccaRabite
Where in the engine bay do they go?
michael7810
Bump. icon_bump.gif
pilothyer
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 27 2019, 07:14 PM) *

This grommet the factory designed to help hold the cable away from the tin. It has 2 internal ribs that I felt were critical to the design of this piece. Yes, you can put a generic grommet in the hole, but there are a few of us that have seen these wear, there is a reason the factory spent the extra money to male them this way.

I was looking in the parts catalog and couldn't readily find the part number. Not sure if these were sold as part of the battery cable assembly or not.
Either way here are some basic pics that will give you the idea of what I'm describing here.

Just bump this thread for the discount code and as soon as we have it put together I'll PM you. You will be able to combine to save a couple of bucks with the other GB that is currently going. Just need a few days to get good pics and make the listing.

Who's in?

icon_bump.gif I'm in for three (3) I will take these with the (3) Oil Pressure Sender Boots.
porbmw
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
for two, please
djway
Speeeed Bump
Minerva's 914
icon_bump.gif
56kabrio
icon_bump.gif

I’m in for one also.

Mack
restore2seater
icon_bump.gif
yellowporky
Me tooooo
Literati914
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 27 2019, 07:34 PM) *

confused24.gif who the hell knows. Just know I want one too.
icon_bump.gif
bob164
I'm in for three.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 27 2019, 05:34 PM) *

I believed the thick positive cable from battery to rear engine tin going to starter and maybe same for the driver side for the other cables like alternator to starter also.

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
3 for me pls!
falcor75
I'll take two. smile.gif
dlee6204
icon_bump.gif
mlindner
I'll take two. Mark
Rleog
I’m in.
rgolia
One for me please
SteveL
Two Please
maf914
I am in. Thanks, Mark.
914Sixer
In for one
rmdinmd
icon_bump.gif
Morph914
One for me please
settador
Two please, and the oil pressure boot too
JFJ914
Two Please
davealden223
I'm in for one as well as the oil pressure sender boot.
jesse7flying
I'm in for four please.
Highland
bump for 1 please.
Driver174
Two of these please, combined with two oil sender boots.
type47fan
icon_bump.gif

One of these please, combined with oil sender boot, for which I have received the code.

Thanks!
porsche914gt
Two please, and the oil pressure boot too
burton73
I am in for 3 parts.

Bob B icon_bump.gif
tp coop
icon_bump.gif :
bobboinski
One please to go with my oil pressure boot
Costa05
I am in for four please.
Ross
I'll take one... not sure how this works though
Ross
sorry, actually 2
Rob-O
I’ll take two of these as well. I’m in on the oil sender grommet. Just need the code for this when it’s ready.
adolimpio
bump
914sgofast2
I will take one (1).
75914-L20C
Bump. In for 2
second wind
Gotta' have one.....bump!!
gg
jcd914
I'm for a couple.
Thanks Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.