Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HERSHEY ALL PORSCHE SWAP MEET 2019 APRIL 20TH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
struckn
LARGEST PORSCHE ONLY SWAP MEET in the World.

THE MEET DATE IS SATURDAY APRIL 20, 2019.

Pre-registration is now open FOR VENDORS AND ENDS MARCH 10TH, 2019.

For more information on the event: www.cpa-pca.org/swap (link is external) or e-mail Steve Baun/Swap Chairman at sbturbo@aol.com (link sends e-mail)

PCA ALSO STATES THAT THEY CAN RESERVE GROUP PARKING FOR GROUPS TO PARK TOGETHER. MUST HAVE 10 OR MORE CARS IN THE GROUP. WE WOULD NEED TO HAVE A HEAD COUNT PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.

IN PREVIOUSLY YEARS WE ENTERED THE CONCOURSE JUDGING AREA TO GATHER TOGETHER. IT ADDS $10 TO THE ENTER THE CONCOURSE AREA. THE EXTRA CHARGE GETS YOU A NICE GOODY BAG AND YOU ARE IN THE "PEOPLES CHOICE JUDGING". DON'T EXPECT TO WIN AGAINST THE NEWER MODELS IN OUR CLASS.

ENTRY COST IN PAST YEARS WAS $20 TO PARK IN THE SWAP MEET AREA.

ALL I KNOW.

DOUG
BENBRO02
I will be there.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(struckn @ Feb 28 2019, 01:34 PM) *

IN PREVIOUSLY YEARS WE ENTERED THE CONCOURSE JUDGING AREA TO GATHER TOGETHER. IT ADDS $10 TO THE ENTER THE CONCOURSE AREA. THE EXTRA CHARGE GETS YOU A NICE GOODY BAG AND YOU ARE IN THE "PEOPLES CHOICE JUDGING".

DON'T EXPECT TO WIN AGAINST THE NEWER MODELS IN OUR CLASS.

But it is POSSIBLE.

2018. 2nd place PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD. smilie_pokal.gif mueba.gif

Click to view attachment

See you there.
struckn
BUMPING this PREVIOUS post

Pre-registration ended MARCH 10TH, 2019.

For more information on the event: www.cpa-pca.org/swap (link is external) or e-mail Steve Baun/Swap Chairman at sbturbo@aol.com (link sends e-mail)

PCA ALSO STATES THAT THEY CAN RESERVE GROUP PARKING FOR GROUPS TO PARK TOGETHER. MUST HAVE 10 OR MORE CARS IN THE GROUP. WE WOULD NEED TO HAVE A HEAD COUNT PRIOR TO ARRIVAL.

IN PREVIOUSLY YEARS WE ENTERED THE CONCOURSE JUDGING AREA TO GATHER TOGETHER. IT ADDS $10 TO THE ENTER THE CONCOURSE AREA. THE EXTRA CHARGE GETS YOU A NICE GOODY BAG AND YOU ARE IN THE "PEOPLES CHOICE JUDGING". DON'T EXPECT TO WIN AGAINST THE NEWER MODELS IN OUR CLASS.

ENTRY COST IN PAST YEARS WAS $20 TO PARK IN THE SWAP MEET AREA.

ALL I KNOW.

DOUG
mepstein
It is a good time. driving.gif
Unobtanium-inc
Sticker is already on the truck, hope to see everyone. One downer this year, my mom booked a Italian Cruise and won't be at Hershey. She will be missed.
rgolia
I in piratenanner.gif
GaroldShaffer
You all stop by and see me I got stuff...…..

wndsnd
I will be there, not going to sell parts this year so will park with the cars!

John
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Mar 31 2019, 06:58 AM) *

Your Hershey reg is made out to Shaft? Is this an alter-ego thing?

Gary
I'm planning to go too. Looking forward to hanging with some other teeners.
raynekat
If any of you guys see one of these Italian side markers (I need the left side), please pick it up and I'll pay you a nice "finder's fee" along with the part cost and shipping.

Enjoy the swap meet everyone.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
Except for Garold, the 914 parts at Hershey are usually pretty generic and ready for the trash pile. Have you tried Rich I know he has quite the nos stash. Wayne might have it in that stash of parts that he’s showing off on pelican. Maybe Steve Limbert @ air cooled racing.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Mar 31 2019, 06:52 PM) *

QUOTE(GaroldShaffer @ Mar 31 2019, 06:58 AM) *

Your Hershey reg is made out to Shaft? Is this an alter-ego thing?

I think you need glasses blink.gif

huh.gif laugh.gif Can you dig it...….. Shut your mouth...….

VaccaRabite
Is there going to be a Friday drive this year?

Zach
VaccaRabite
I gave this thread some color.

Zach
wndsnd
I may have missed, but is there a ride organized for Friday and a Dinner again for Friday Evening? Are most people still staying at old Joint down the road or have they broken up to more decent joints?

John
struckn
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 4 2019, 05:29 AM) *

Zach

No one has stepped up to organize anything for Friday, or Saturday. I'm 45 minutes from Hershey so not hanging around. I think I'll be parked in the Concourse Area Saturday.
Bringing my 11 year old Grandson in our 914 and he has a good friend who will be there with his Dad in a 944. We'll be hooking up with them.
Matty900
Scott and I will be there. We get in Friday night so we could join in any fun on Friday and be ready for Saturday morning.
saigon71
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 4 2019, 09:29 AM) *

Zach

The drive kind of fizzled out last year - there just wasn't much interest.

We did get a nice turnout for dinner on Friday night. I'd be happy to set that up again if folks are interested.

Bob
rgolia
My buddy and I will be there in either a 914 and 911 (if I get my pedal cluster installed) or two 911s. We were thinking of going to see horse racing Friday night if nothing else is happening. A dinner gathering would be great
Olympic 914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 5 2019, 08:10 AM) *

We did get a nice turnout for dinner on Friday night. I'd be happy to set that up again if folks are interested.

Bob

Probably wouldn't make it for the group drive, I'll be driving out the pike Friday morning.

Would definitely be up for the dinner meet.

Room booked at the luxurious .... Knights Inn Palmyra. biggrin.gif

Olympic 914
Bump.
VaccaRabite
Amy and I are planning on being there. Probably staying through Bluegreen and not the Knights Inn. If there is no drive planned we will come up Friday and stay through the AX Sunday.

Zach
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 5 2019, 07:10 AM) *

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Apr 4 2019, 09:29 AM) *

Zach

Bob

You can count me & my buddy Brad (not Mayeur) in for dinner Bob.
cantley914
I’m coming down too for cold Canada! Definitely not staying at the Knights Inn. But I’m in for the friday night dinner. Same place as last year?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(cantley914 @ Apr 8 2019, 03:30 PM) *

I’m coming down too for cold Canada! Definitely not staying at the Knights Inn. But I’m in for the friday night dinner. Same place as last year?

A friend stayed at a Knight's Inn one time, not Hershey, and when he laid down he felt something under the pillow, it was a note that read,
"If you're reading this, they didn't change the sheets!"
saigon71
I'll make reservations for dinner on Friday April 19th this week. Please chime in if you can make it so I can get them a head count. Let's meet there at 6PM.

Yes, same place as last year - it seems to work out well. It is BYOB.

Hoss's Steak & Sea House
9009 Bridge Rd
Hummelstown, PA 17036

I look forward to seeing everyone. beerchug.gif
cantley914
Count me in for 2 persons again this year!

Steph.
lvnzdrm
I’m in for 2 for dinner, see you guys soon.
nickg
I am going..first time in 20+ years
VaccaRabite
Amy and I are planning on being there for dinner.

Zach
wndsnd
I am in for 4
Matty900
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Apr 9 2019, 05:28 PM) *

I am in for 4

In for 2 and possibly 2 guests depending on when they get in from NY
Matty900
Is there anyone local that may be able to coordinate a drive for Friday? Maybe Gettysburg and Air cooled racing? driving.gif
mepstein
If this is your first time to Hershey, make sure to bring a good selection of clothing. It can be cold and rainy or warm and sunny or all of the following on the same day.
saigon71
Reservations are made for 20. Please chime in if you plan on attending and haven't RSVP'd yet so I can update the reservation.

Reservations are under "914 World"

beerchug.gif
TonyA
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 11 2019, 07:52 PM) *

Reservations are made for 20. Please chime in if you plan on attending and haven't RSVP'd yet so I can update the reservation.

beerchug.gif

It was pleasure eating dinner with all of you last year and also drank from the gas can at the swap meet. I may be in for dinner also.
Thanks,
saigon71
Steve Limbert from Aircooled Racing just RSVP'd yes. beerchug.gif
cantley914
QUOTE(TonyA @ Apr 12 2019, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Apr 11 2019, 07:52 PM) *

beerchug.gif

It was pleasure eating dinner with all of you last year and also drank from the gas can at the swap meet. I may be in for dinner also.
Thanks,

That gas can has been a tradition for so many years now!!!
Hopefully it wil make its way to Hershey again this year!
saigon71
icon_bump.gif
914dave
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Apr 11 2019, 02:18 PM) *

Is there anyone local that may be able to coordinate a drive for Friday? Maybe Gettysburg and Air cooled racing? driving.gif

Matt
Definitely doing some driving Friday afternoon. Was going to stop by and harass Steve. Saigon and Lvnzdrm are around too. If anyone has suggestions on where to meet I’m all ears.
Dave
PM me on FB so we can exchange phone #s.
rgolia
We are 5 days out and all I see in the forecast is effin rain and more rain for both Friday and Saturday sad.gif
914dave
I’m ignoring the forecast!!
mepstein
The rainiest, coldest morning I've been to at hershey turned into a 80 degree sunny day by noon. I always just go and take lots of different clothing.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(rgolia @ Apr 15 2019, 09:25 AM) *

We are 5 days out and all I see in the forecast is effin rain and more rain for both Friday and Saturday sad.gif

The weather is improving, just checked and it's down to 30% chance of rain in the morning.
Matty900
Just got back from Route 66 and will be ready for Hershey this weekend. See you Friday
VaccaRabite
Its April in South Central PA. The forecast is no more then apes throwing darts at a wall until maybe 12 hours out.

We literally just had a tornado WARNING (seek shelter now) last night that never even developed into a thunderstorm. The weather this time of year has mood swings my ex-wife would be proud of.

I'm probably in for a drive Friday in the 914, especially if the weather is good. Otherwise I'll be there for dinner in the WRX.

Zach
GaroldShaffer
Started the loading process of the truck & trailer today. Looking forward to seeing the gang again rain or shine. beerchug.gif
lvnzdrm
Looking forward to seeing everyone, looking for a decent set of license plate lenses for my 71. I hope to be in Hershey ahead of the weather around noon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.