Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM Nominations - 50th Anniversary
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
For the front page of this website for the past 11 years we have pretty much had a signature members car shown. With the 50th anniversary of the announcement of the 914 coming up in September were looking to have a single/multiple photos of a 914 for prominent display as we will likely have an influx of visitors to the website and new interest in our beloved platform.

Please nominate the following photos in three separate categories.

1. 914 ads
2. 914 vintage racing photos
3. Vintage 914 photos from behind the scenes (Such as the one with the Porsche family and the 914-8, or some of the factory shots)

We are not looking for members 914's, or anything of the sort, were looking for photos that are not trademarked that can be put in front of the webpage.

If anyone, specifically @sirandy (As I havent run this by him yet.... biggrin.gif ) sees any issue with any of this legally, please let me know.

I am also looking for a 100-300 word description/celebration of the 914 that perhaps some of our more astute members in the literary world could donate some time with something of a bit higher caliber than we normally have on the front page.

We would anticipate to run this from about July to October.

I do not need anyone seconding any photos, the voting will be slightly different when it comes down to that.

Comments or questions, please ask.

SirAndy
thumb3d.gif
mark04usa
Click to view attachment
Steve
How about a tribute to Heinrich Klie and his car?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...81380&st=40
Maybe a picture of the model next to his finished car or a picture of him next to his car?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51265
Andyrew
Bump!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 29 2019, 05:03 PM) *

How about a tribute to Heinrich Klie and his car?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...81380&st=40
Maybe a picture of the model next to his finished car or a picture of him next to his car?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=51265

idea.gif
76-914
How about that pic of the 3 914's crossing the finish line 1,2,3. evilgrin.gif
sb914
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Paul,jerry,wilt.
dan10101
Not sure of what's allowed. Here's one.

Click to view attachment
falcor75
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Bump!
dan10101
Click to view attachment
bandjoey
a few to look over. Someone might have a saved naked mechanic brochure (from a cb radio company?) with better pictures,,,,if you're interested.
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
This is a cool snap from a past Rennsport event: 50th for the 917 & the 914. We waited awhile for the peeps to walk out of range. If you dig it >>>please use it...we snapped it so no worries on Copyright !
Sorry, I wanted to close the frunk lid but Not my car !!
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
Can anyone write up a 100 word summary on the 914 and 914 community? I want to get this done by tomorrow so we can modify the front page...

Been stupid busy at work and have neglected this.

Valy
Click to view attachment bui
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif humble beginnings...
Michael N
Vintage race photo given to me by my neighbor who has been takin race photos for the last 50+ years.

Click to view attachment

1970 Neun vierzehn
Misc pics from misc sources......
Andyrew
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Sep 16 2019, 12:31 PM) *

IPB Image

I like this one!
Minerva's 914
Click to view attachment
porschetub
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 17 2019, 07:34 AM) *

IPB Image

I like this one!

agree.gif wow what a pic,train loaded with ROW models and wart covered US spec ones the ground av-943.gif av-943.gif .
trojanhorsepower
Any one have a vintage jack stad pic?
Cal
International colors.....
SKL1
Maybe Pete can chime in- had some great shots at the 914 panel discussion this past weekend at Rare Shades 4...
URY914
Click to view attachment
URY914
Click to view attachment
Gmanscott55
This one ..Click to view attachment
mmichalik
How about this one? My 15 1/2 year old daughter working on the interior of her 914 that just got a new set of reproduction 2.0 Fuchs.
Valy
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Sep 16 2019, 12:34 PM) *

IPB Image

I like this one!

Very interesting picture. US cars on the lot and European cars on the train. Euro don't have the warts and have European lenses (yellow & white).
Note that some don't have the black sail trim (for both US and Europe) and some don't have the PORSCHE on the engine grill.
Betty
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Sep 18 2019, 02:31 PM) *

How about this one? My 15 1/2 year old daughter working on the interior of her 914 that just got a new set of reproduction 2.0 Fuchs.

That is so freaking AWESOME! first.gif Keep encouraging her!! cheer.gif I wish I'd been lucky enough to have my 914 when I was 15 1/2!!!
dan10101
QUOTE(Betty @ Sep 20 2019, 05:20 PM) *

QUOTE(mmichalik @ Sep 18 2019, 02:31 PM) *

That is so freaking AWESOME! first.gif Keep encouraging her!! cheer.gif I wish I'd been lucky enough to have my 914 when I was 15 1/2!!!

I agree! My wife bought hers when she was about 20. (before we were married). My son Andrew bought his when he was 15 1/2. He still has it, (and he started this thread). I wish her many great memories and and adventures. She will get the guys attention for sure.
Bruce Edge
QUOTE(Minerva's 914 @ Sep 16 2019, 01:56 PM) *

Hey Folks,
Saw this picture that Minerva posted a couple weeks ago, I have tried to find it's origin, whether is was a sales brochure or add. I have not been able to locate any info on it.
My main interest is the location the picture was taken.
I know, it's kinda a weird request, but any info will be appreciated.

thank you
Garland
Click to view attachment
Garland
Click to view attachment
Garland
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.