Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA-OCR 2019 White Glove Concours
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SRS914
Last count we had about 20-25 Teeners attending the Sea Terrace Park Concours event June 15. Is there anyone that might be interested in entering a judged class? I need to give Norm and update so they can plan accordingly.

Thank you!

Click to view attachment
jim_hoyland
Great event in past years, We should attract 50 + 914s,
Larmo63
Yup, I'll be there!!!!

I'm glad Dana Point came their senses and allowed the concours back.
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif .... For this event.

This is coming up in a little over a month.

Registration opens on May 19th.

And Heads-up for the non-Porsche engine 914ers!

A word of caution for those with non-Porsche engines in your 914s - current Zone 8 Concours Rules allows them in SC! - Special Categories 1 for judged competition.

If you ever wanted to enter for judging & collect some "hardware" for your Subie, V8, EV or other non-Porsche powered 914 - then you better do so this year!

If you want to do so for Zone 8 Annual awards (i.e.: best in classes & divisions from all shows) .... then you'd better plan to start now & do every show for the rest of the year!

Contact me by email if you want more info on the Zone requirements.

As of now & for the past 10+ years, the Zone * Concours Rules have allowed non-Porsche engine Porsche vehicles in SC1 - but that might change!

There is an element of PCA Zone 8 members involved in Concours who have objected to this longstanding rule, once I made the powers-that-be aware that they were allowed, & that 914ers with Subie, V8, EV & other powerplants had been wrongfully turned away in past years' shows.

I think that it makes sens for all Porsche models, especially since replacement OE Porsche engines can't be sourced &/or made to run properly due to the lack of parts, as well as the fledgling move to refit to EV, which will only grow with time. Our current Zone 8 Concours Chair agrees, but he serves his term at the pleasure of the Zone 8 Rep to PCA who appoints all chairs for all events.

Since we have an annual Rules Change Submittal process, some of these folks have said that they'll put in to change that rule.

So for any of you who are PCA members in any of Zone 8's regions (Central & SoCal, Southern NV & all of AZ) -

1. - You should look for the proposed rule changes coming out in the Summer, & submit comments against it to the appropriate Zone 8 channel (don't email me, because I don't count & cannot submit for you).

- and -

2. - Get your beautiful 914 conversion cleaned up, detailed & entered in at least this &/or any of the other remaining Zone 8 Concours this year.

If it were to get changed to disallow your non-Porsche engine 914s & other P-cars in SC1, then this would be the last year, but lets hope that this effort can be rebuffed.

In any case - all of you 914ers please do come out to our OC Concours to enter, display, look, visit & chat! smile.gif

Shawn got this effort to honor the 914 at our OCR Concours this year for the 914's 50th, & he is doing a yeoman job! So come out & support this 914world member's efforts!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Also - Zone 8 Concours Chair Dick Douglas had offered to do an Outreach & Workshop for the 914ers on our Zone 8 Concours program here in OC (Dick's in Huntington Beach).

Is there any interest in this from those of you on the Forum here? confused24.gif

You can attend, and not enter judging - it's not a commitment. shades.gif

Dick wanted to encourage more 914er Concours participation, while dispelling some misconceptions, & explain some changes that he's instituting this year - as well as what get judged how, & how to prep for that to do well.

Post in here if you're interested in his Concours Workshop! type.gif

If there is interest, then I'll see what can be done to get it set up before the June OC Concours.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914_teener
Tom....I noticed on "Plumbers Nightmare" non OEM ductape was used. Would this be a points deduction for the Subie Implant Class?

And... icon_bump.gif
sb914
Signed up for display. “Sea” ya there !
Coondog
This could happen. Do we have to register for the corral area ??
sb914
QUOTE(Coondog @ May 8 2019, 03:21 PM) *

This could happen. Do we have to register for the corral area ??

I believe so. Maybe @Tom_T will chime in .
Tom_T
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 7 2019, 05:23 PM) *

Tom....I noticed on "Plumbers Nightmare" non OEM ductape was used. Would this be a points deduction for the Subie Implant Class?

Good question! blink.gif

Was that used on the "Plumber's Crack"?? biggrin.gif

I personally would only gig 0.1 - 0.4 points at the appropriate engine area - depending upon how bad it was - if the OEM or non-OEM tape of any type were applied in a sloppy manner &/or or if it were now peeling off or otherwise damaged! laugh.gif

So - are you 914ers afraid, reluctant, nervous, or what - about actually entering in a judged class?? confused24.gif

Let me know what your concerns are, & I'll see what can be done to allay them. shades.gif

IIRC they will be requiring registration for Display, but they may allow on-site Display reg too.

Shawn - can you check on that with Norm Follis?

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Carl La Fong
I understand duct tape is not a problem. It's the galvanized pipe fittings that can lose points for ya.
sb914
icon_bump.gif who’s going? I’m in display only .
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

<snipped>
- from PCA Zone 8 members email blast -

The 49th Annual White Glove Concours will be held Saturday, June 15th, at Sea Terrace Park in Dana Point. This will be our first Concours at the new location. We are grateful to the City of Dana Point for giving permission for the Orange Coast Region to use this beautiful Park located near the ocean for our 2019 event. Directions to the Park http://www.pcaocr.com/?page=1&e=6477

There will be a Marine Corps Color Guard to kick off the opening ceremonies along with the National Anthem. This is truly one of the most enjoyable “family” days of the year for the OCR, so please plan on attending and joining us for a wonderful day of Porsches and sun! Only registered Porsches** are allowed on the field and off street parking is very limited so please bring as many of your friends with you in your car as possible. There is limited pay parking across PCH. Walkins are free.

This will be the 50th year Celebration for the Porsche 914 and we plan to have a special “corral” set up to showcase the many years and models of this unique Porsche alongside many other specialty Porsches.

Our Club sponsor Circle Porsche will have on display their newest models. Porsche merchandise vendors are joining us to display a variety of Porsche items, and our own Goodie Store will be stocked with goodies for your shopping pleasure. The Park will be a great place to bring your family and friends and enjoy a picnic, also, there will be a Picnic Display competition with prizes given for the most original picnic display. Delicious tacos in three flavors will be available for purchase.

You are not required to have your car judged to attend the event, however, we encourage everyone to enter their car in one of the “judged classes” or "Display" (Park & Party) which is a non-judged class to maximize their enjoyment of the day. The different divisions for you to consider can be researched at www.zone8.org. Go to “events” and then to “Concours de Elegance”. There you will find everything you need to know about concours car preparation, competition, and judging. The rules and categories for competition are explained.

Volunteers are always needed to help prep the field Friday before the Concours and on Saturday AM helping field set-up, parking, etc. Please email me at uberPcar@gmail.com if you are able to volunteer.

For more information, please check the OCR website www.pcaocr.org or any of our social media sites.While they last, Goodie Bags will be given to those that pre-register. Online registration available at pcaocr.motorsportreg.com. Registration ends 6/12/19.

Thanks,

Norm Follis, Concours Chair

PS: We want to thank our many Concours sponsors including our “Porsche Excellence” sponsor PIRCH, as well as Glistening Perfection, Porsche-Design, Lily Gum Drops, Hagerty Insurance, Sierra Madre Collection, LoJack, Aero Products, Cooper's Classy Cars and Cape Auto Repair for their support.

** You can pay and enter into Display Class at the event, but only preregistered entrants get a Goodie Bag.
<end snip>

first.gif smilie_pokal.gif shades.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Fatboy007
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 31 2019, 02:24 PM) *

icon_bump.gif who’s going? I’m in display only .

Just signed up... display. Looking forward to it biggrin.gif
SO.O.C914er
I plan on going. This is pretty much in my backyard straight down crown valley pkwy. Should be getting into good weather final. piratenanner.gif driving.gif ........Paul
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

So far there are only four 914s registered for Display, & only 1 entered for judging - not a very good showing compared to past years when many more showed up for the non-50th Anniversary event.

So time to step up & sign up for either judged or display there to represent our 914 community for the 914's 50th celebration at the June 15th OC Concours!
shades.gif

Please also talk it up a bit more with your fellow Teeners to show up too. type.gif
And do so this weekend at WCR too! first.gif

As added encouragement, those who preregister for Display will get a Goodie Bag the same as the Judged Entries, but those who register that day won't.

There are no on-site entries for the judged entries - only preregistration due to the size of the show, since we need to plan in advance for the show space, layout & judges accordingly.

Let's show the rest of the SoCal Porsche Community that the 914 is still present & accounted for here!
olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg andy914.jpg aubergine914.jpg betty914.jpg blue914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg fuchia914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg ravenna914.jpg red914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg

Come on guys & gals - get motivated!
popcorn[1].gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Socalandy
I may enter the street division idea.gif
SRS914
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Jun 5 2019, 03:26 PM) *

I may enter the street division idea.gif

cheer.gif
Steve
I’ll be there for display only.
Steve
icon_bump.gif
914Toy
Planning to be there.
SO.O.C914er
Signed up for display. Looking forward to talking to you guys about WCR pictures are awesome......Paul driving.gif
914SIXXation
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Jun 11 2019, 02:38 PM) *

Signed up for display. Looking forward to talking to you guys about WCR pictures are awesome......Paul driving.gif

HI Everybody,

Thanks for your time to chat today Shawn and for your efforts to get this together.

We are going to register now for Display and really looking forward to the event.
Already having withdrawal symptoms from an absolutely fantastic time at WCR. It was our first event with 914World and we really enjoyed meeting so many 914teener and seeing so many awesome cars. So count Paul and I in.......

Is anyone else coming from San Diego besides "Fatboy" and us? I don't know tall Steve's site name but he should bring his beautiful green 914.

Yep, let's hope a bunch more join in and register so we have a big showing for the 50th!

Had a great chat with Norm last night and he told me about the Picnic Display competition..... He also reminded me that you can register at the gate (non judged division) but if you want a goodie bag, you must pay and preregister by June 12.

What time are people meeting to line up to get in to the Display Corral?

See you there!

Cheers,
Margie & Paul
914SIXXation
914SIXXation
QUOTE(SRS914 @ Apr 20 2019, 03:57 PM) *

Last count we had about 20-25 Teeners attending the Sea Terrace Park Concours event June 15. Is there anyone that might be interested in entering a judged class? I need to give Norm and update so they can plan accordingly.

Thank you!

Click to view attachment

Just registered for display. Looks like we need to place our order for the lunch now and pay at the event.

From what I see as of now, those entered are all in display except for 1 that is in Judged.
Those presently shown in Display (9):

Stacey Allen - 1975 914
Kirsten Bond- 1972 914
Steve Faddis - 1975 914-6
Paul Heckman - 1973 914
James Hoyland - 914 Targa
Eddy Raposa - 914
Margie Smith-Haas - 1970 914-6
Shawn Smithson - 1973 914
Lawrence Wach - 1973 914-6GT

Those shown in Judged (1):

John Flynn - 1973 914 2.0 Ap.Grp

Assume more likely to register by June 12 deadline.

See you soon! Go 914s!

Margie & Paul
driving-girl.gif

ndfrigi
Not good news again for me and family to attend. Going to attend family friends daughter’s bday celebration in Carlsbad. My daughter really want to see your car (our former baby 914) Stacey @fatboy007 . And goin to miss again seeing Greg @coondog new wide body.

Margie, did you able to fix your windshield trim before WCR?
914SIXXation
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 11 2019, 08:09 PM) *

Not good news again for me and family to attend. Going to attend family friends daughter’s bday celebration in Carlsbad. My daughter really want to see your car (our former baby 914) Stacey @fatboy007 . And goin to miss again seeing Greg @coondog new wide body.

Sorry that you can't make it but hope the birthday celebration is very special.

Thankfully, I was able to get the windshield trim fixed temporarily by a bodyshop guy who just put some silicone on it. The left front corner also was starting to lift so secured it as well. When I get a chance and ready to put up the $$$$, we'll have him pull out all the front trim, pull out the windshield and clean things up. Hopefully won't break the original Porsche window. Then they will most likely put on a new trim piece that will be freshly powder coated.

Unfortunately, I was having some carburetor issues so off to the mechanic on Monday. So car was worked on for 3 1/2 days and I got it back on Thursday morning just before our departure to WCR. I'm so glad we made it to the event as we had a fantastic time.

Hope to see you at another event.

I didn't know if Steve (green 914) was going up to Dana Point and I don't know his signature name for 914World. His car is beautiful.

Hope to see you at another event! Have a nice weekend!

Margie
driving-girl.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 11 2019, 06:42 PM) *

Thankfully, I was able to get the windshield trim fixed temporarily by a bodyshop guy who just put some silicone on it. The left front corner also was starting to lift so secured it as well. When I get a chance and ready to put up the $$$$, we'll have him pull out all the front trim, pull out the windshield and clean things up. Hopefully won't break the original Porsche window. Then they will most likely put on a new trim piece that will be freshly powder coated.

Unfortunately, I was having some carburetor issues so off to the mechanic on Monday. So car was worked on for 3 1/2 days and I got it back on Thursday morning just before our departure to WCR. I'm so glad we made it to the event as we had a fantastic time.

I didn't know if Steve (green 914) was going up to Dana Point and I don't know his signature name for 914World. His car is beautiful.

Margie
driving-girl.gif

Contact Rufino (714-292-5811) local from SoCal and most local 914 members used him to install 914 windshield including the trim. His price is reasonable. You can also text him to inquire to get idea how much he will charge including driving down to San Diego.

Maybe you are referring to @siverson (Steve) from san diego.
914SIXXation
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 11 2019, 08:53 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 11 2019, 06:42 PM) *

Margie
driving-girl.gif

Contact Rufino (714-292-5811) local from SoCal and most local 914 members used him to install 914 windshield including the trim. His price is reasonable. You can also text him to inquire to get idea how much he will charge including driving down to San Diego.

Maybe you are referring to @siverson (Steve) from san diego.

Thanks for the referral for the windshield/trim work.

I'll try to shoot a PM to Steve. Thanks again.

Going to try to post a bunch of photos from WCR tonight. Likely some more tomorrow. Have really enjoyed looking at all of the photos members have posted.
Larmo63
I think if the PCA OCR region is making a special corral for 914s, we should try to turn out in good numbers.

Come on guys, one more weekend of 914 fun!!!!! driving.gif
don-6
I'm registered for display
Tom_T
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2019, 09:15 PM) *

I think if the PCA OCR region is making a special corral for 914s, we should try to turn out in good numbers.

agree.gif

Yes - 914world member & teen-addicted Shawn Smithson went to great lengths to get this 914 50th anniversary set-up with the OCR Concours Committee, & had 25 Display Corral slots set aside for 914s.

Kudos to Shawn for getting this set-up & promoting it with this thread! smilie_pokal.gif

Tomorrow Wed. 6/12/19 is the LAST DAY to register online - & Judged Classes are pre-registrations only, while Display cars can register on-site, but you won't get a Goodie Bag without pre-registering.

shades.gif IMHO it won't look good to not fill them (or more) & also to have a few more 914ers entered in some category for judged - if you've ever thought of it, then why not now for the 50th!?

If you just want to do exterior & interior prep, then enter Wash-&-Shine - probably what you'll do for Display anyway!

If you're more ambitious & competitive - like Andy T./SoCalAndy - then do Street or Full Concours, but you'll need to add prep of your engine & trunks for Street (& for Preservation), & add underside to those for Full Concours Divisions.

If your 914 is at least 75% original paint & 75% original upholstery/carpet interior - then you can enter Preservation Division (same 4 judged areas as Street Div.), but with far less cars since they have to be at least 20 years old as well now.

And if you have ANY non-Porsche engine in your 914 or an EV, then enter in Special Categories SC1, & if you're a racer within the last 12 months enter SC-2 - both are for like kind Porsche cars.

If you bring a 914 (full size) to the event in either Display or Judged Entry, then make sure to look for me there - as I've got a small commemorative item for all who enter or display a 914. I'll be helping on one of the judging teams there.

Hoping for a great turnout! popcorn[1].gif

Also ....

Margie - when my wife Jana saw your Adriatic Blue -6 in the WCR pix, she fell in LOVE wub.gif with the car & color! Nice to see you again at the WCR Lunch too!

It was great to meet or touch base with many of you at the WCR Lunch last Saturday, even though I had to run back home afterwards.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
drem914
I am registered for display. See you there.
Now to get that brake light switch fixed.... sawzall-smiley.gif
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2019, 11:15 PM) *

Hi Lawrence,

Can see that there are some additional names added to the OC pre registered list today:

Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4
Andy Thronet 1970 914

Don't know if they match up with any on 914World (sb914, 914Toy, drem914, don_6, Fatboy007, and SO.O.C914)

So????? 13 Display and 2 Judged - Total 15 I believe at this point?

Maybe some more will register?

Do you know if Oscar is coming? Should be FUN!

Margie

Larmo63
If Oscar shows with all of his cars, we could double the amount of 914s. KMA.gif
drem914
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 12 2019, 06:04 PM) *

Hi Lawrence,
Can see that there are some additional names added to the OC pre registered list today:

Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4 DREM914
Andy Thronet 1970 914
Don't know if they match up with any on 914World (sb914, 914Toy, drem914, don_6, Fatboy007, and SO.O.C914)

Margie

@914SIXXation
Margie, yes I'm one of the ones added today. See you Saturday.

914SIXXation
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 12 2019, 08:50 PM) *

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 12 2019, 06:04 PM) *

Hi Lawrence,

Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4 DREM914
Andy Thronet 1970 914

Margie

@914SIXXation
Margie, yes I'm one of the ones added today. See you Saturday.

Thanks so much Franz.

Just PM to Oscar and they can't make it to Dana Point this weekend.

Just looked at the weather forcast and it looks like sunny, 71 high and 10% chance of rain.

914-300Hemi
I will be there but registered the 911.
sb914
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 13 2019, 07:22 PM) *

dumbass.gif whip[1].gif whack_3.gif new_shocked.gif chair.gif splat.gif poke.gif
jim_hoyland
I just got back from Sea Terrace Park, helped marking the field. The setting is really nice, the park is between PCH, a golf course, and housing. Looks like there is an underpass leading over to Salt Creek ( ocean side of PCH ) Enter Sea Terrace from Stoneybrook where it crosses Niguel There’ should be signs.
This “park” does not have restrooms; however 2 port-pities will be brought in and located at the South-East end.
The turnout is going to be big, see you there at the 914 Coral
jim_hoyland
MAP: Judged cars enter beg. at 7:00am; display cars 8:00am. Opening ceremony at 9:00am
drem914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 11 2019, 10:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jun 11 2019, 09:15 PM) *

agree.gif

Yes - 914world member & teen-addicted Shawn Smithson went to great lengths to get this 914 50th anniversary set-up with the OCR Concours Committee, & had 25 Display Corral slots set aside for 914s.

Kudos to Shawn for getting this set-up & promoting it with this thread! smilie_pokal.gif

Tomorrow Wed. 6/12/19 is the LAST DAY to register online - & Judged Classes are pre-registrations only, while Display cars can register on-site, but you won't get a Goodie Bag without pre-registering.

shades.gif IMHO it won't look good to not fill them (or more) & also to have a few more 914ers entered in some category for judged - if you've ever thought of it, then why not now for the 50th!?

If you just want to do exterior & interior prep, then enter Wash-&-Shine - probably what you'll do for Display anyway!

If you're more ambitious & competitive - like Andy T./SoCalAndy - then do Street or Full Concours, but you'll need to add prep of your engine & trunks for Street (& for Preservation), & add underside to those for Full Concours Divisions.

If your 914 is at least 75% original paint & 75% original upholstery/carpet interior - then you can enter Preservation Division (same 4 judged areas as Street Div.), but with far less cars since they have to be at least 20 years old as well now.

And if you have ANY non-Porsche engine in your 914 or an EV, then enter in Special Categories SC1, & if you're a racer within the last 12 months enter SC-2 - both are for like kind Porsche cars.

If you bring a 914 (full size) to the event in either Display or Judged Entry, then make sure to look for me there - as I've got a small commemorative item for all who enter or display a 914. I'll be helping on one of the judging teams there.

Hoping for a great turnout! popcorn[1].gif

Also ....

Margie - when my wife Jana saw your Adriatic Blue -6 in the WCR pix, she fell in LOVE wub.gif with the car & color! Nice to see you again at the WCR Lunch too!

It was great to meet or touch base with many of you at the WCR Lunch last Saturday, even though I had to run back home afterwards.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

@Tom_T

What is the correct time to arrive and enter the park?
jim_hoyland
Per Norm Folis:
“ Judged cars are encouraged to enter the Park no earlier than 7:00 am, with Display beginning to enter after 8:00 am. We hope to begin the opening ceremony at 9:00 am. “
Tom_T
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 14 2019, 01:11 PM) *

Per Norm Folis:
“ Judged cars are encouraged to enter the Park no earlier than 7:00 am, with Display beginning to enter after 8:00 am. We hope to begin the opening ceremony at 9:00 am. “

agree.gif

Yes Drem, & others entered or display - do 7:00 am if you can or at least by 8 am.

Norm has also said that here is a surfing competition at Salt Creek Beach across the street that day, so parking in that beach lot directly across the street will get full quick, & traffic heavier as the day goes on.

In the past they've had coffee & doughnuts or pastries in the morning by the registration tables, for entrants/display/volunteers, so you may even get a free breakfast if you're early enough!
chowtime.gif

I think we ended up with 2 judged 914s in Street Division out of 13 in that division Andy T./SoaCalAndy & John Flynn - both are yellow - so swing by & wish them luck!
cheer.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 13 2019, 07:22 PM) *

confused24.gif blink.gif unsure.gif huh.gif

poke.gif you can change to the 914 at the gate if it's Display.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 14 2019, 11:40 AM) *

I just got back from Sea Terrace Park, helped marking the field. The setting is really nice, the park is between PCH, a golf course, and housing. Looks like there is an underpass leading over to Salt Creek ( ocean side of PCH ) Enter Sea Terrace from Stoneybrook where it crosses Niguel There’ should be signs.
This “park” does not have restrooms; however 2 port-pities will be brought in and located at the South-East end.
The turnout is going to be big, see you there at the 914 Coral

Thanx much for helping out with the set-up Jim! smilie_pokal.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
I've not checked online for the final preregistration count, but based on the posts above, I think that this is close to the final count.

DISPLAY:

Stacey Allen - 1975 914
Kirsten Bond- 1972 914
Paul Heckman - 1973 914
Eddy Raposa - 914
Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4

JUDGED:

John Flynn - 1973 914 2.0 Ap.Grp (Street)
Andy Thonet 1970 914-6 M471 (Street)

Feel free to add to the list if there are more listed as preregistered.

For the 50th Anniversary, it would be nice to also get a 74 & 76 there, & the engine options by model years for all 70-76 -

> i.e.: 1.7 & -6 for 70-72 (72 -6 is the hard one to find), 73 1.7 & 2.0, 74-75 1.8 & 2.0, 76 2.0 - filling in whatever isn't in the list above.

So think about coming, for those planning to show up tomorrow morning to register for Display.

If you bring your 914 from the list above or register to Display on-site tomorrow, & I don't get around to you for a special commemorative item, then look for me judging "Engine" in the Full Concours Division (at least that's my assignment for now).

Also, for anyone interested in possibly entering in a future judged event, or just to see what all goes on, then feel free to follow our judging team &/or any of the other teams around for judging of a few cars.

While it really is a cleaning, detailing & presentation contest - not some mystery secret originality thing - watching what we do would help y'all (or y'uns) know what to prep for if you ever want to enter.

Also note that even in Unrestored Div. where the cars must be 20 years, with at least 75% original paint & upholstery - it is NOT judged at all for originality nor needing original equipment, which is true for all other Divisions too. So stop worrying about originality & just have a clean & well detailed 914!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914SIXXation
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 14 2019, 05:03 PM) *

I've not checked online for the final preregistration count, but based on the posts above, I think that this is close to the final count.

DISPLAY:

Stacey Allen - 1975 914
Kirsten Bond- 1972 914
Paul Heckman - 1973 914
Eddy Raposa - 914
Marc Buccheri 1971 914
Don Cameron 1970 914-6
Keith Hulley 1972 914
Franz Nalezny 1975 914-4

JUDGED:

John Flynn - 1973 914 2.0 Ap.Grp (Street)
Andy Thonet 1970 914-6 M471 (Street)

Feel free to add to the list if there are more listed as preregistered.

For the 50th Anniversary, it would be nice to also get a 74 & 76 there, & the engine options by model years for all 70-76 -

> i.e.: 1.7 & -6 for 70-72 (72 -6 is the hard one to find), 73 1.7 & 2.0, 74-75 1.8 & 2.0, 76 2.0 - filling in whatever isn't in the list above.

So think about coming, for those planning to show up tomorrow morning to register for Display.

If you bring your 914 from the list above or register to Display on-site tomorrow, & I don't get around to you for a special commemorative item, then look for me judging "Engine" in the Full Concours Division (at least that's my assignment for now).

Also, for anyone interested in possibly entering in a future judged event, or just to see what all goes on, then feel free to follow our judging team &/or any of the other teams around for judging of a few cars.

While it really is a cleaning, detailing & presentation contest - not some mystery secret originality thing - watching what we do would help y'all (or y'uns) know what to prep for if you ever want to enter.

Also note that even in Unrestored Div. where the cars must be 20 years, with at least 75% original paint & upholstery - it is NOT judged at all for originality nor needing original equipment, which is true for all other Divisions too. So stop worrying about originality & just have a clean & well detailed 914!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom, Jim, Shawn, and others for all of your helpful information. Working on getting the car spiffed up a bit more and really looking forward to seeing all of you! It will be so great to be displaying our cars together........Best of luck John and Andy!
See you tomorrow! (Everybody make sure you received Norm's most recent email at 3:49 regarding a link he has provided that gives the exact directions and his cell phone as the usual GPS apps seem to not give accurate directions.)
Cheers,
Margie & Paul driving-girl.gif
jim_hoyland
icon_bump.gif
Great day for this event ! Come join the 914 display group, it’s an easy drive to Dana Point
sb914
Sea you there !
jim_hoyland
We had a great turnout, herd a couple of pics
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.