Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vertical Mount Collapsible Spare Tire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I'm going to be adding an oil cooler, fuel pump and battery up in the frunk. Guessing by 165SR/15 spare is going to have to be sacrificed.

I am thinking of a vertical mount on the bulkhead with a 13" or 14" wheel and a collapsible tire...a smaller version of what 944's have. Or a skinny spare.

Ideally something like a 13x5.5/6 or 14" wheel. Are there any wheels out there, steel or otherwise' that have a 4x130 and are narrow 13 or 14"? Not concerned too much with looks.

I am running 15x7 Panasports with 195/55 on the car. I'm not near the car so not sure how much vertical space there is in the frunk.

Pictures of solutions for tire and/or battery and oil cooler frunk installs much appreciated. thx
7TPorsh
oops, hit the wrong forum. @sirandy can you move to garage? Thanks man
mepstein
MB911/makes one. You should be able to fit a 15” with collapsed spare. Many people do already.
Mark Henry
My 944T spare is a 15".
Another option to the collapsible spare is a 125/15 temporary spare, I picked up a never used one from a scrap yard for $10. This is on my bug and I have one for my '67 bus, I don't know how wide you can stretch one, I put it on a 4.5" bug rim.
mepstein
You just have to make sure you have the correct nuts or bolts to attach the spare. If you have aluminum wheels and a steel spare there can be fitment issues. Better to find out in your driveway than on the road.
wes
Are you 4 lug Panasport or 5 lug? I’m wanting to do the 4 lug Fuch/space saver. I have seen PMB dose a very nice 4 lug Fuch with a space saver although I can’t find any one that will do it or even think it’s possible.
mepstein
QUOTE(wes @ May 21 2019, 02:27 PM) *

Are you 4 lug Panasport or 5 lug? I’m wanting to do the 4 lug Fuch/space saver. I have seen PMB dose a very nice 4 lug Fuch with a space saver although I can’t find any one that will do it or even think it’s possible.

You need to find an independent tire guy and give him an extra $20.
burton73
QUOTE(wes @ May 21 2019, 11:27 AM) *

Wes,

It is done. Get your wheel and get a 15in spacesaver from ebay and bata-boom you are set. I got a couple of MB spacers savers on ebay and took off the tires.

Bob BClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
Sitting pretty:

Click to view attachment
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ May 22 2019, 08:28 AM) *

looks like i can fit a full 15x6, looks good. How do you do the mount? Do I cut out the floor mount and weld to the bulkhead? Any pics without the tire mounted?

Much obliged!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.